Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
Pat

Electoral Fraud

Interesting to see #toryelectoralfraud trending on Twitter as the BBC continues to ignore the fact that there could be as many as 26 MPs facing an inquiry into electoral fraud. This could lead to bye elections leaving the Tories down on numbers and out of of Government.  Seems like big news to me.

Well done to Michael Crick and Channel 4 – still working as investigative journalists.

Yes, looks as though they're going after several – including the fragrant Anna Soubry.   It seemed strange at the time that Farage was defeated and he kicked up quite a stink.  

Have been avoiding any mention of this scandal on the News but discussed today on Daily Politics. Apparently the Tories aren't too worried. That's that arrogance and sense of entitlement at play again.  The topic came up on This Week las night so we knew that Andrew Neil was aware of the situation but Michael Portillo and Alan Johnston seemed not to have herd about it.   Historic action by the Electoral Commission and could be arrests and bye elections – but seems that's not big news.

I don't think it can just be brushed under the table along with the Panama papers.

Calls for the resignation of Mark Carney after his intervention.  They weren't that worried about his input on the Scottish Referendum.

I do not think anything will come of this. They seem to be able to avoid all that comes up no matter if it is very serious.

I think a lot hinges on the timescale and they were holding off providing the information but unprecedented for all these police forces to be involved in an investigation, think there are eleven.

Yes, I think there are now 29 different police forces involved, CL.  A proper scandal, which only Channel 4 seem to have picked up on.