Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
maggs

Hollowhorn

Yes, nice to hear from you, Hamsterbert.  Very sad about Robert and hard to take in. Thanks to Harper for finding out details so that our condolences could be sent..

After a considerable absence, I log in to the forum only to read of the loss of HH.   Odd, I was thinking of him only the other day, while talking 'cameras' in t'Chip, an establishment he would occasionally drop into.   Sad indeed.

Yes, rdt2, it a shock to hear about HH.  As others have said, he was a real gem of a person and will be missed. 

I hope life is good with you: )

Hello there, everyone.  I hope you don't mind me butting in to this thread, it's just that yesterday I was looking for some info on Pat's main site and scrolling down I noticed a mention of Hollowhorn.

I'm just so shocked and upset to hear he's no longer with us.  Like many here, I'd not seen Robert for ages and I suppose had kind of lost touch over time.

Just thinking back, I was so lucky to spend time in his company, chewing the fat about everything and anything-- but so often our Clydebank background and our respective family histories, his wonderful photographs of Glasgow, talk of the kids and grandkids always high on the agenda of course,  but most often, our shared love of music.   It was such a pleasure being in his company at the John Prine and Willie Nelson gigs at the Concert Hall a few years back now.  Precious moments.

Most of all, though, I remember Robert as a kind, generous, gentle and lovely man who said what he meant and meant what he said. A wee touch of mischief now and then too...:D

My sincere condolences to Jo and the family.  And everyone who was lucky enough to be his friend.

Gill xxx

No online tribute would have been complete without hearing from some of Hollohorn's oldest friends and it is good to read your post, rolo - or rollantomata as he was fond of calling you.  I remember many happy and hilarious online exchanges with Hollowhorn and some of the original members and hearing about the great swallies.  if Robert's passing teaches us anything is that life's too short.  Good to hear from you. 

Was very sorry to hear of HH's ( Robert) passing he and I go back to First Foot days where we had fun upsetting the "Clique". We lost touch unfortunately a while ago.  I enjoyed his sense of humour and reading his  posts  here and elsewhere on  Scotland and old  Glasgow on other forums as well as viewing his many pics.