maggs

Hollowhorn

33 posts in this topic

Have just heard of the sad passing of HollowHorn. A lovely man taken far to soon x

I am really shocked, Maggs.  ...bit lost for words, just thinking about him and his lovely family - devastating.

859.gif  A truly lovely man, kind and a wicked sense of humour.  Haven't had much contact in recent years but it was good knowing that he was still  out there, taking his pictures that were usually "kwite nice" - as he was fond of saying..  Aww, Hollowheid you will be sadly missed. 

I feel the same Harper. Hadn't spoken for a couple of years. Only noticed today on his Facebook page, messages of condolences.  Thought I would share it for those friends on here, who were not aware.

Such a kind man, Maggs and the only person I would ever let call me "doll" without wanting to give them a good handbaggin' across the gub.   It was lovely when he was here - always pulling someone's leg and so welcoming.  Thank you for letting us know.  There are some lovely tributes and pictures over on Hidden Glasgow.

http://www.hiddenglasgow.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13008

Maggs, Thanks for letting us know. Very sad news. I was only thinking of him the other day. He was one of my most loyal supporters and I was very indebted to him. Terrible loss.  Brave, kind, generous and witty man. What a loss.

Very sorry to hear. I remember well his wit and generosity.

Jimbo

...And lovely pictures of the man, himself:)  

Pat has posted some of Hollowhorn's own pictures on the Out and About thread. 

what a horrible year, so many people have passed away.

RIP 

You're right, samsc.  Seems hardly a day passes without some bad news.

A touch of "old home week" or mibee that's a Canadian expression and out of place, Robert widnae complain, he'd be tickled at seeing this wee gathering as I am. Maggs it has been awhile, not the best of times to re-new acquaintances but i'm glad your here.  I was extremely fortunate knowing Robert, could echo everything already said. Kind,  generous, wonderful sense of humour and a good writer, wrote one of the best pieces I have ever read on the internet, a tiny memoir, a part of his growing up. His love of Glasgow is easy to understand if you have walked the streets with him when he was uncovering "hidden Glasgow"; a gifted photographer and i'm not sure whether his writing or his skill with a camera would be his strong suit. I was lucky enough to have stayed with him and Jo, privileged to have access to his computer and all of it's treasures.

And Heidy, already away.....who knows.......I would never have met Heidy had Robert not arranged it....thank you Robert for oh so very much.

14 hours ago, tamd said:

A touch of "old home week" or mibee that's a Canadian expression and out of place, Robert widnae complain, he'd be tickled at seeing this wee gathering as I am. Maggs it has been awhile, not the best of times to re-new acquaintances but i'm glad your here.  I was extremely fortunate knowing Robert, could echo everything already said. Kind,  generous, wonderful sense of humour and a good writer, wrote one of the best pieces I have ever read on the internet, a tiny memoir, a part of his growing up. His love of Glasgow is easy to understand if you have walked the streets with him when he was uncovering "hidden Glasgow"; a gifted photographer and i'm not sure whether his writing or his skill with a camera would be his strong suit. I was lucky enough to have stayed with him and Jo, privileged to have access to his computer and all of it's treasures.

And Heidy, already away.....who knows.......I would never have met Heidy had Robert not arranged it....thank you Robert for oh so very much.

That's lovely, tam. You reminded me of his writing about Clydebank. Innocent times.

I've put the story by Hollowhorn up to the top of Wee Stories.

I'd like to think the wee banana man is out there groovin' with Bowie and Prince.   859.gif

You must have got a terrible shock, Tamd.  I know we all did.

Hello to everyone, had tae send a wee message tae Maggs.......I was talking to a friend of mine on our way to bridge, this afternoon, talking about Robert. He and I were out, might have been one of the times the site had a meet, the one when Jo couldn't attend. Robert drove and at the end of the evening we were heading for Paisley. Robert had had a few and I asked if he wanted me to drive. He laughed said he was fine. Car starts and he drives two blocks, stops, tells me to drive, said he was going the wrong way but would give me directions.

He really was a people person, mixed well with men and women and I can picture any number of ladies whom he made smile, "Doll" was well used and always, as Harper has pointed out, with impunity.

I was thinking about the night I drove and it might have been an evening which Pat had something to do with, was one of the bookstores (the name is on the tip of my tongue), a meet the author who did not attend but his literary agent did.

Two ladies who were members here have crossed my mind, Rolo and Westie, alphabetical order, I wonder if they know....I am assuming that Lynn is informed.

"Back Courts and Crayons", love it, loved it from the first time I read it....JJ a man with integrity....a lot of memories in that entire page, well done Pat.

Maggs may well have made contact, Tamd.  News tends to get round the networks quite quickly.  There will be a lot of Hollowhorn's old friends very sad to hear the news - it's a terrible loss.

Posts relating to Hollowhorn R.I.P.

Have merged with new title for clarification.

Hi everyone. Yes, I found out about Robert's death on facebook. I kept seeing notifications of people tagging him in posts, people I didn't know generally. I thought it was maybe his birthday...then I realised. :( I hadn't seen him for a couple of years, but I often thought of him and meant to message him and ask if he wanted to go off on another photography wander.

I've not been on till now because I was too sad to read this thread. I'm stunned, absolutely stunned. I've been a bit numb all week. There's not many pictures of west end forum folks together, but I was privileged to take a few once. A good bunch of folks. Listening to Pink Floyd's 'Wish You Were Here' as I type.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lynnski1/albums/72157619942311932/with/2640226996/

Robert's funeral service is tomorrow, April 26th.  I'll be playing a wee bit of Bob Dylan in his memory:) 

Love to Jo and the family. x