Worldwide Reading in Commemoration of the Armenian Genocide, Tuesday, April 21
Led by the International Literature Festival Berlin and the Lepsiushaus Potsdam, there will be a worldwide reading from “The Book of Whispers” by Varujan Vosganian to commemorate the centenary of the Armenian Genocide. In addition to remembering the victims of this horrible event, we also want to raise awareness of the fact that some countries still don’t recognise the genocide, most notably Turkey.
More than 300 authors from more than 65 countries are supporting this initiative, among them Nobel Prize for Literature laureates Mario Vargas Llosa, Herta Müller, Elfriede Jelinek, Orhan Pamuk, Günter Grass and John M. Coetzee.
Are you interested in holding a reading?
Are you interested in holding a reading to commemorate this occasion? The text of the selected chapters from “The Book of Whispers” is available in 15 languages on www.worldwide-reading.com
Scottish PEN – Reading University of Strathclyde
Scottish PEN are holding a reading at the University of Strathclyde; Louise Welsh, James Kelman and Drew Campbell will be reading from “The Book of Whispers”.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Karine Polwart, Creative Conversations
- Refuweegee and Music Broth Unsilent Night Fundraiser
- Novelist Ann Cleeves, Creative Conversations
- Christmas Speakeasy and Open Mic, Scottish Writers
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Michael J Malone at Book Week Scotland 2018
- Lin Anderson, Shaping the Story at Scottish Writers Centre
- Catriona Malan ‘Meet the Author’ at Fruin Farm
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Open Mic at the Balloch House Hotel
- Creative Conversations: Zinnie Harris, playwright, screenwriter and theatre director.
- From Glasgow to Saturn Call for Submissions
- The Wee Guide to Porridge, Deedee Cuddihy
- Book Week Scotland, Autumn Voices
- Simon Carlyle and Gregor Sharp, Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Kusama – Infinity, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Breaking Boundaries, Bringing Translated Literature to Scotland
- Red Squirrel Press, Scottish Writers Centre
- Word Jazzology, Partickhill Bowling and Community Club
- Remembering Glasgow’s Forgotten Women
- Book Week Scotland 2018