Worldwide Reading in Commemoration of the Armenian Genocide, Tuesday, April 21
Led by the International Literature Festival Berlin and the Lepsiushaus Potsdam, there will be a worldwide reading from “The Book of Whispers” by Varujan Vosganian to commemorate the centenary of the Armenian Genocide. In addition to remembering the victims of this horrible event, we also want to raise awareness of the fact that some countries still don’t recognise the genocide, most notably Turkey.
More than 300 authors from more than 65 countries are supporting this initiative, among them Nobel Prize for Literature laureates Mario Vargas Llosa, Herta Müller, Elfriede Jelinek, Orhan Pamuk, Günter Grass and John M. Coetzee.
Are you interested in holding a reading?
Are you interested in holding a reading to commemorate this occasion? The text of the selected chapters from “The Book of Whispers” is available in 15 languages on www.worldwide-reading.com
Scottish PEN – Reading University of Strathclyde
Scottish PEN are holding a reading at the University of Strathclyde; Louise Welsh, James Kelman and Drew Campbell will be reading from “The Book of Whispers”.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Wee Write – Family Days at Aye Write! 3 and 4 March, 2018
- Ten Writers Telling Lies and M. Litt Creative Writing Open Mic, Gilchrist Centre University of Glasgow
- Nature Writing Beyond Landscape – Scottish Writers Centre, Glasgow
- Express Yourself, Women in Poetry at Tell It Slant, Friday 23 February, 2018
- Colin Herd, Poet at Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- LGBT History Month, Film Screening and Discussion, STUC
- The Carrbridge Rose – Brian Whittingham
- Ian Bell New Writing Award, Meet the Judges at Aye Write
- Sonnet Youth at The Drygate, 21 February, 2018
- Aye Write! Denise Mina introduces… Danny Denton & Mick Kitson 18 March, 2018
- Denise Mina at Creative Conversations review Pat Byrne
- Sextival: Queer Relationships on Film, CCA
- Aye Write 2018 – Darren McGarvey & Raoul Martinez, Freedom From Poverty
- Eileen Myles and nick-e-melville, OranMor
- Denise Mina at Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- The Darker Side of Fairytales with Kirsty Logan, Dumbarton Library
- Honest Error: Glasgow Poets on Charles Rennie Mackintosh, The Hunterian, University of Glasgow
- Writer David Keenan, Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- AyeWrite! 2018 Ten Writers Telling Lies