World Disco Soup, CCA, Glasgow
Saturday 28 April, 2018
5:30pm, Free but ticketed, Cinema
A new year has arrived and guess what? We’re back!
The World Disco Soup is a gastronomic, musical and artistic experience which aims to unite people against food waste across the planet.
Last year there were more than 100 Disco Soups around the world, one of which was organised by Slow Food Youth Network Scotland in Glasgow. This year we will again be holding this unique, global event in Scotland’s largest city and invite you to join us to fill bellies instead of bins!
The event will start with some inspiring short films which will take you on a journey to better appreciate where our food comes from and how different people are exploring more sustainable ways to produce it.
After the films, we’ll head to a secret location where lots of good, tasty food – arising from food surplus – will be cooked for the pleasure of your palate. Of course, this is a Disco Soup, so there’s no food without music!
Why are we doing this? Because, while parts of the world population suffer from hunger, one-third of the food intended for human consumption is being thrown away every year. We all care about this huge problem and it’s time we give it the attention it deserves.
Centre for Contemporary Arts
350 Sauchiehall Street
Glasgow G2 3JD
- Glasgow Film Festival Launch 2019 + announcement Scottish Premiere Wild Rose
- Arctic, Glasgow Film Festival 2019
- Sarah Jane Scouten The Doublet
- Cowboy Calypso, WomanSaid and Stephen EvEns
- New Candys + Kundalini Genie & Gelatine
- Aye Write: The Writing of Janet Paisley with Dr Linda Jackson, University of Strathclyde
- Silent Disco Party Parade, The Record Factory
- Creative Conversations – Novelist Jacob Ross
- GFF19 Jim Galloway – A Journey In Jazz CCA
- A Private War GFT
- Tell It To The Bees
- The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert
- The Vanishing Glasgow Film Theatre
- An Elephant Sitting Still Glasgow Film Theatre
- The Raft Glasgow Film Theatre
- Tickets on Sale Glasgow Film Festival 2019
- Poetry at Inn Deep
- The Hole in the Ground, Glasgow Film Festival
- Transatlantic Sessions Celtic Connections 2019 review and photography by Pauline Keightley
- FrightFest Week-End 1 and 2 March, 2019