World Disco Soup, CCA, Glasgow
Saturday 28 April, 2018
5:30pm, Free but ticketed, Cinema
A new year has arrived and guess what? We’re back!
The World Disco Soup is a gastronomic, musical and artistic experience which aims to unite people against food waste across the planet.
Last year there were more than 100 Disco Soups around the world, one of which was organised by Slow Food Youth Network Scotland in Glasgow. This year we will again be holding this unique, global event in Scotland’s largest city and invite you to join us to fill bellies instead of bins!
The event will start with some inspiring short films which will take you on a journey to better appreciate where our food comes from and how different people are exploring more sustainable ways to produce it.
After the films, we’ll head to a secret location where lots of good, tasty food – arising from food surplus – will be cooked for the pleasure of your palate. Of course, this is a Disco Soup, so there’s no food without music!
Why are we doing this? Because, while parts of the world population suffer from hunger, one-third of the food intended for human consumption is being thrown away every year. We all care about this huge problem and it’s time we give it the attention it deserves.
Centre for Contemporary Arts
350 Sauchiehall Street
Glasgow G2 3JD
- Michael Simons at Partick Folk Club
- Free event: Scottish Writers Showcase, University of Glasgow
- Book Launch: Blessed Assurance by Stewart Ennis
- Leto GFT
- Once Upon a Time in Hollywood GFT
- Pollokshields Proposes Exhibition Launch
- Boogie at the Botanics, Open Air Cinema
- Inside Man GFT
- Gaza GFT
- Preview: For Sama GFT plus Q & A
- Matchbox Cineclub Weird Weekend at CCA Glasgow
- Canada Now, GFT
- Wilkie’s World, Websters Theatre
- Take One Action, GFT
- Transit GFT
- Preview: Hoop Dreams, GFT
- Extinction Rebellion Climate Carnival Renfrewshire
- Book Launch: A City of Segregation CCA
- Yellow Road – Folk on the Fringe