World Disco Soup, CCA, Glasgow
Saturday 28 April, 2018
5:30pm, Free but ticketed, Cinema
A new year has arrived and guess what? We’re back!
The World Disco Soup is a gastronomic, musical and artistic experience which aims to unite people against food waste across the planet.
Last year there were more than 100 Disco Soups around the world, one of which was organised by Slow Food Youth Network Scotland in Glasgow. This year we will again be holding this unique, global event in Scotland’s largest city and invite you to join us to fill bellies instead of bins!
The event will start with some inspiring short films which will take you on a journey to better appreciate where our food comes from and how different people are exploring more sustainable ways to produce it.
After the films, we’ll head to a secret location where lots of good, tasty food – arising from food surplus – will be cooked for the pleasure of your palate. Of course, this is a Disco Soup, so there’s no food without music!
Why are we doing this? Because, while parts of the world population suffer from hunger, one-third of the food intended for human consumption is being thrown away every year. We all care about this huge problem and it’s time we give it the attention it deserves.
Centre for Contemporary Arts
350 Sauchiehall Street
Glasgow G2 3JD
- Ordet GFT
- 3 Faces GFT
- The Gospel According to St Matthew GFT
- A Deal With The Universe, GFT
- Loro GFT
- Eighth Grade GFT
- Glasgow Film Festival on Tour
- The Fight GFT
- Thistle Gallery: Vibrant Show Celebrates The Coming of Spring
- KeanuCon 2019 CCA
- Glasgow Film Theatre celebrates 80 Years of Cinema
- Beatson Gin and Sing: Grease at OranMor
- The 33rd Glasgow Jazz Festival 2019
- The Tailor of Inverness WebstersTheatre
- Glasgow Contemporary Art Fair 2019
- Seven Song Club, Lynnie Carson , Rebecca Jordan and Bearpit Brothers
- Glasgow Petanque Club
- Joe Hullait, Scot Squad Writer at QMU
- The Carlton 3, Peat Stew at The Shandon Belles The Buttery
- Creative Conversations, Kathleen Winter