Works Sacred: Works Profane, Malcolm Lochhead, Glasgow Cathedral Festival 2017
Works Sacred: Works Profane
9 – 21 October, 2017 (closed Sunday, 15 October)
Glasgow Cathedral, Castle Street, Glasgow, G4 0QZ
GCF2017 is delighted to host a major retrospective of the life of renowned textile artist Malcolm Lochhead.
First major retrospective into the work of Malcolm Lochhead, world-renowned textile artist and designer. Emeritus Professor of Visual Design and Millennium Fellow of Design at Glasgow Caledonian University.
Running for two weeks this free exhibition features over 50 works and is accompanied by a detailed catalogue shedding light on the commissioning and creation of this collection.
Did you know that this year we are offering a season ticket for the entire festival? Save £25 and get the very best from festival 2017!
- Iain’s Brushwork Brings Art to Life at Thistle Gallery
- Art for Sale at Project-Abilty
- Artists Exploring Outer Shapes…. Inner Spaces, Thistle Gallery
- Mind and Draw, The Space, Saturdays
- Old Kilpatrick Art Club Exhibition, Caulders Garden Centre 22 – 25 February, 2018
- Alberto Vazquez Dark Fables: From comics to films, CCA, Glasgow
- Charles Rennie Mackintosh: Making the Glasgow Style
- Henry Raeburn’s ‘Boy and Rabbit’ at Kelvingrove Art Gallery
- can’t take my eyes off you – ProjectAbility
- Japanese Prints and their influence at the end of the 19th century, Glasgow Art Club
- ‘Turning Over A New Leaf’ Exhibition at Thistle Gallery
- ‘Unwrapped’ Christmas Exhibition & Gifts at Thistle Gallery Glasgow until 24 Dec, 2017
- Thistle Gallery at Christmas
- Context, Exibition of Photography and other interesting images at Offshore Gallery
- Scotland: The Land Beneath Our Feet, ProjectAbility
- The Art of Four, book by Roger Bilcliffe, The Lighthouse
- Chozumaki, The Lighthouse Glasgow
- Temporary Closure of Mackintosh House
- ProjectAbility at Mono
- RGI Annual Exhibition, The Mitchell Library, 11 November – 26 November, 2017