WORD PLAY @ the Tron, Wednesday 5th March, 2014
WORD PLAY is in its usual home this Wednesday 5th March 2014, Tron Theatre, 68 Trongate, G1 5HB Glasgow. from 8-late.
Theme – ‘Dreamscapes and Mandrakes’
Featured Artist – Musician – Al Fleming
Brought to you with the usual verve and enthusiasm.
WORD PLAY offers an open mic opportunity created by the WORD FACTORY. An event, to showcase work, whilst also providing a chance to participate.
£2 donation towards hire costs etc. All performers should rehearse their work and time their presentation prior to appearance. Please ensure your material will suit a mixed audience.
Slots are restricted to 5 mins max per person, (readers can gauge this by preparing about 3 or 4 short poems or just over 2 pages of typed prose). This limit will be implemented with joyous resolve.
Participation is welcomed from old hands and novices.
Contact Marc @ firstname.lastname@example.org
We are all special people and this month we celebrate this in extravagant fashion, music, word and action. Come along and join the fun.
The regular group meetings are held in the Tron Theatre from 1-3.30 on Friday afternoons. New members are always welcome.
63 Trongate, G1 5HB Glasgow,
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Glasgow Literary Lounge featuring Louise Malone on art plus Open Mic
- Farzane Zamen in Concert
- Scottish PEN Writers In Exile review by Pat Byrne
- Start – Graham Morgan at Helensburgh Library
- Book Launch: ‘The Sound of the Hours’ Karen Campbell
- Margaret Atwood – Live in Cinemas
- Book Launch: Something Like Happy – Sasha Greene
- From Glasgow To Saturn Pride Edition Launch
- Some Distant Day with Cheeky Besom Productions
- Longlist for McIlvanney Prize Scottish Crime Book of the Year 2019
- Express Yourself – Poets at Tellit Slant
- An Afternoon of Fiction, Poetry and Performance
- The Creative Process with Jacqueline Smith
- An Evening with local author – Pat McIntosh
- Scottish PEN’s Writers in Exile
- Manaf Halbouni – Artist’s Talk Refugee Festival Scotland
- Interfest and Book Launch Garnethill Glasgow
- Julia Donaldson – The Gruffalo and other stories at West End Festival
- A Place For The Work and The Human Being
- Aye Write! presents Jane Harper