WORD PLAY @ the Tron, Spoken Word and Music, Wednesday 5th February
Tron Theatre, 68 Trongate, G1 5HB Glasgow. from 8-late.
Theme – ‘Love among the Carnivores – Love Despite’
Brought to you with the usual verve and enthusiasm.
WORD PLAY offers an open mic opportunity created by the WORD FACTORY.
An event, to showcase work, whilst also providing a chance to participate.events are innovative spoken word opportunities working to a novel theme, where visiting musicians and performers find a genuine welcome. Everyone is invited to take part in the evening, showcasing work, be it poetry, prose or music. The Word Factory will also perform themed work as a group at some point during the evening. New members are welcome to the Word Factory group which meets on Fridays between 1pm and 3pm at the Tron.
£2 donation towards hire costs etc. All performers should rehearse their work and time their presentation prior to appearance. Please ensure your material will suit a mixed audience.
Slots are restricted to 5 mins max per person, (readers can gauge this by preparing about 3 or 4 short poems or just over 2 pages of typed prose). This limit will be implemented with joyous resolve.
Participation is welcomed from old hands and novices. Contact Marc
We are all special people and this month we celebrate this in extravagant fashion, music, word and action. Come along and join the fun.
c/o Tron Theatre, 68 Trongate, G1 5HB
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Walk in James Watt’s Footsteps
- An Evening with Gracey Flair at Helensburgh Library
- The Rebirth of the Clyde, Fairfield Heritage
- Spirit of Revolt, Show and Tell – Workers City, The Mitchell
- Free event: Scottish Writers Showcase, University of Glasgow
- Book Launch: Blessed Assurance by Stewart Ennis
- Pollokshields Proposes Exhibition Launch
- Book Launch: A City of Segregation CCA
- Danger Poets, Waterstones Byres Road
- Women With Fierce Words CCA
- Books at the Botanics
- Launch Govanhill Book Festival 2019
- Govanhill: Portrait of a Community review Pat Byrne
- Paul Murdoch, Alexandria Writers + Open Mic
- Pinolino Puppet Show and Story Telling
- Free Pride CCA
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Bruce Biddolph Outstanding as ‘The Inquisitor’
- Edinburgh International Book Festival 2019
- Stories from the Southside – Govanhill Book Festival
- Obsession: Double Bill Safe/To Die For GFT