Woodlands Community Gardens News, February 2015
Woodlands Community Garden – Five Years Old In March
Help celebrate on Saturday 21st March 7-10pm
Celebration Ceilidh (Fred Paton Centre)
Sunday 29th March 12-4pm
Spring Awakening Social (Community Garden)
19 Carrington Street, Glasgow G4 9AJ
Community Garden Planning Meeting
Sunday March 1st, 2015 2pm
Discussion and updates on projects and information about how you can get involved.
Pop Up Community Cafe
Monday evenings from 6-8pm, Windsor Hall
(1 Windsor Street, (Maryhill Road), Glasgow, G20 7NA)
“Lovely Food” “A Really Friendly Welcome”
Woodlands Community Cafes have now fed over 1000 people since they started a year ago. Each week they provide free healthy meals, information and support to people affected by cuts in welfare or who otherwise are struggling to make ends meet. A fabulous team of volunteers work hard each week to make everyone feel welcome and to cook up some delicious food.
For more information get in touch via email
In addition to the weekly cafes there are cookery classes for users of Flourish House and Maryhill Integration Network. And newly started this month – providing cookery demonstrations and hot and healthy soup for users of Greater Maryhill Foodbank.
Originally due to end in March 2015, this project will now continue until the end of June 2015 – currently being reviewed re: future options.
This section: Pat's Home Page Blog, Woodlands Community Garden
- Seven Song Club: XAN TYLER / BARRY NEILSON The Tron
- Lola Rose’s blog: Serenity Now Café plus recipes for Healthy Eating
- West End Festival – What a Start
- Hadrians Wall Again. June 2018.
- A Tribute to Leonard Cohen
- The Store Interiors, Anniesland, Glasgow
- Fun at the West End Festival 2018
- Western Infirmary Public Meeting, University of Glasgow
- The Great May Day Cabaret, Night for Chris Bartter, OranMor
- Glasgow Jazz Festival Programme and New Initiative Announced
- Another News Story, GFT
- Radical Film Network 6818 Launch, Glasgow
- ‘Growing and Dying’ a tribute to the writer Janet Paisley edited by Linda Jackson
- The Pyramid at Anderston, New Logo Competition
- Isle of Dogs, Glasgow Film Festival 2018 – review by Rachelle Atalla
- Thank Funk It’s Friday, Partick
- Jim and Pat’s Podcast: Glasgow West End – Jim talks to Ian Smith of Last Night From Glasgow
- Dumbarton Waterfront Path
- Unbuilt Mackintosh, The Hunterian
- Big Fun in the Big House + Hip Hop shorts & Tomboy After Party, Civic House, Glasgow Short Film Festival