Women With Fierce Words Launch, The Griffin, 11 September, 2017
On the first day of the 2016 Edinburgh Fringe, fifteen women gathered in front of the Scottish Poetry Library in Crichton’s Lane in the heart of the Canongate of Edinburgh. They had answered a call to come and perform their poetry on the street, share their words. No censorship, no self -censorship, a group of women reflecting on their lives, on their terms.
Women with Fierce Words was born.
Now the anthology of what was shared that day is being released to the World
The Griffin, 266 Street, Glasgow G2 4JP 7 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- I Remember It Well Symposium, Paisley
- The Scottish Witchfinder by Jacqueline Smith
- John Maclean, Hero of Red Clydeside by Henry Bell
- Hollie McNish OranMor
- Three Kinds of Kissing by Helen Lamb Book Launch
- After He Died Book Launch, Michael J Malone
- Stuart Paterson, Write on Cue!
- An Evening with Nawal Slemiah, Project Cafe Glasgow
- Bloody Scotland, 2018
- STAGE Multimedia Exhibition
- Stuart Cosgrove, ‘Harlem 69’ Book Launch
- Richard Holloway, Creative Conversatons
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- All The Time We Thought We Had, Gordon Darroch Waterstones
- Cheeky Besoms Speakeasy and Open Mic Night Glasgow
- She’s En Scene Women’s Film Screening and Discussion, Glasgow
- With Their Best Clothes On, New Writing Scotland Launch
- The Big Chair – Autumn Voices – Robin Lloyd-Jones
- An Evening with Charles McGarry, Waterstones Sauchiehall Street
- Public Lecture of the Publishing Scotland’s International Fellows Glasgow – review by Mary Irvine