Women With Fierce Words Launch, The Griffin, 11 September, 2017
On the first day of the 2016 Edinburgh Fringe, fifteen women gathered in front of the Scottish Poetry Library in Crichton’s Lane in the heart of the Canongate of Edinburgh. They had answered a call to come and perform their poetry on the street, share their words. No censorship, no self -censorship, a group of women reflecting on their lives, on their terms.
Women with Fierce Words was born.
Now the anthology of what was shared that day is being released to the World
The Griffin, 266 Street, Glasgow G2 4JP 7 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- East End Free Festival
- Tenements Today Tenements Tomorrow
- Thirty Years of Glasgow Doors Open Day
- The Rebirth of the Clyde, Fairfield Heritage
- Spirit of Revolt, Show and Tell – Workers City, The Mitchell
- Glasgow Then and Now at The Mitchell Library
- Broken Chanter Album Launch, CCA
- Ilana Halperin: Minerals of New York, The Hunterian
- Linda McCartney Retrospective at Kelvingrove Art Gallery
- Michael Simons at Partick Folk Club
- Free event: Scottish Writers Showcase, University of Glasgow
- Book Launch: Blessed Assurance by Stewart Ennis
- Leto GFT
- Once Upon a Time in Hollywood GFT
- Pollokshields Proposes Exhibition Launch
- Boogie at the Botanics, Open Air Cinema
- Inside Man GFT
- Gaza GFT
- Preview: For Sama GFT plus Q & A