Wiston Writers Workshop with Gerry Loose, 23 January, 2015
January 23, 2015 – January 25, 2015
A weekend of writing for all ages and stages, led by Gerry Loose, “slow moving nomad, poet, writer and land-artist who works with subjects from the natural world” set in the magnificent location of Wiston Lodge.
Cost £130 includes workshops, accommodation and food:
Payable by cheque or BACS
Friday Jan 23rd
7.30 pm. Poetry and story sharing session for all present to offer some writing which has inspired them, led them to write, or make them want to in the future. Gerry Loose will share some of his own writing.
Saturday January 24th
10.00 a.m. Introduction from Gerry Loose.
Time outside alone or in pairs in the grounds of Wiston Lodge, experiencing the natural world, and getting ideas and inspiration from the wind and weather, trees, plants and the environment. Return to indoors round the fire then start to produce new writing inspired by the time outside.
1.00 – Lunch
2.00pm Writing time and individual slots with Gerry
6.00pm Wiston Lodge style Informal Burns Supper and Ceilidh.
Following the dinner, Addressing the Haggis and Tam O’Shanter, Gerry Loose will give his take on the Immortal Memory and there will be a ceilidh of song, music and poems and followed by dancing in the Big Lounge. Everyone attending the workshop is invited to attend the Supper as part of the weekend.
Sunday 25th January
A mix of reflection, writing time and input from Gerry Loose
1.00pm – Lunch
2.00 pm Closing
Millrig Road, Biggar, South Lanarkshire ML12 6HT
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Kittlin and the Carlton 3, West End Festival
- Dodie Bellamy, Kevin Killian, Calum Gardner, SWG3 Poetry Club
- Spotlight on Cinemas – West End Festival 2018
- Bloody Scotland, 2018
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 14 June, 2018
- Beyond Boundaries, Festival 2018, Call For Poems
- Word Jazzology hosted by Magi Gibson, Babbity Bowsters, Glasgow
- Examination Paper, Creative Writing Event/Installation, Scotland Street School
- Launch of Autumn Voices 2018
- ‘Growing and Dying’ Tribute to Janet Paisley, Event at Waterstones, Sauchiehall Street
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 7 June, 2018
- Writers’ Workshop Day at Fruin Farm, Nr. Helensburgh
- Marian Keyes at Aye Write, the Mitchell Library
- Autumn Voices Project – Poetry Competition 2018
- Autumn Voices Showcase 2018
- Creative Writing Fair, University of Glasgow
- Aye Write: Wee Write Beano Cartoon Capers, Mitchell Library
- Aye Write: Wee Write One Button Benny with Alan Windram
- Ann-Marie MacDonald in conversation with Louise Welsh, University of Glasgow
- The Great May Day Cabaret, Night for Chris Bartter, OranMor