Wiston Writers Workshop with Gerry Loose, 23 January, 2015
January 23, 2015 – January 25, 2015
A weekend of writing for all ages and stages, led by Gerry Loose, “slow moving nomad, poet, writer and land-artist who works with subjects from the natural world” set in the magnificent location of Wiston Lodge.
Cost £130 includes workshops, accommodation and food:
Payable by cheque or BACS
Friday Jan 23rd
7.30 pm. Poetry and story sharing session for all present to offer some writing which has inspired them, led them to write, or make them want to in the future. Gerry Loose will share some of his own writing.
Saturday January 24th
10.00 a.m. Introduction from Gerry Loose.
Time outside alone or in pairs in the grounds of Wiston Lodge, experiencing the natural world, and getting ideas and inspiration from the wind and weather, trees, plants and the environment. Return to indoors round the fire then start to produce new writing inspired by the time outside.
1.00 – Lunch
2.00pm Writing time and individual slots with Gerry
6.00pm Wiston Lodge style Informal Burns Supper and Ceilidh.
Following the dinner, Addressing the Haggis and Tam O’Shanter, Gerry Loose will give his take on the Immortal Memory and there will be a ceilidh of song, music and poems and followed by dancing in the Big Lounge. Everyone attending the workshop is invited to attend the Supper as part of the weekend.
Sunday 25th January
A mix of reflection, writing time and input from Gerry Loose
1.00pm – Lunch
2.00 pm Closing
Millrig Road, Biggar, South Lanarkshire ML12 6HT
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- I Remember It Well Symposium, Paisley
- The Scottish Witchfinder by Jacqueline Smith
- John Maclean, Hero of Red Clydeside by Henry Bell
- Hollie McNish OranMor
- Three Kinds of Kissing by Helen Lamb Book Launch
- After He Died Book Launch, Michael J Malone
- Stuart Paterson, Write on Cue!
- An Evening with Nawal Slemiah, Project Cafe Glasgow
- Bloody Scotland, 2018
- STAGE Multimedia Exhibition
- Stuart Cosgrove, ‘Harlem 69’ Book Launch
- Richard Holloway, Creative Conversatons
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- All The Time We Thought We Had, Gordon Darroch Waterstones
- Cheeky Besoms Speakeasy and Open Mic Night Glasgow
- She’s En Scene Women’s Film Screening and Discussion, Glasgow
- With Their Best Clothes On, New Writing Scotland Launch
- The Big Chair – Autumn Voices – Robin Lloyd-Jones
- An Evening with Charles McGarry, Waterstones Sauchiehall Street
- Public Lecture of the Publishing Scotland’s International Fellows Glasgow – review by Mary Irvine