Wiston Writers Workshop with Gerry Loose, 23 January, 2015
January 23, 2015 – January 25, 2015
A weekend of writing for all ages and stages, led by Gerry Loose, “slow moving nomad, poet, writer and land-artist who works with subjects from the natural world” set in the magnificent location of Wiston Lodge.
Cost £130 includes workshops, accommodation and food:
Payable by cheque or BACS
Friday Jan 23rd
7.30 pm. Poetry and story sharing session for all present to offer some writing which has inspired them, led them to write, or make them want to in the future. Gerry Loose will share some of his own writing.
Saturday January 24th
10.00 a.m. Introduction from Gerry Loose.
Time outside alone or in pairs in the grounds of Wiston Lodge, experiencing the natural world, and getting ideas and inspiration from the wind and weather, trees, plants and the environment. Return to indoors round the fire then start to produce new writing inspired by the time outside.
1.00 – Lunch
2.00pm Writing time and individual slots with Gerry
6.00pm Wiston Lodge style Informal Burns Supper and Ceilidh.
Following the dinner, Addressing the Haggis and Tam O’Shanter, Gerry Loose will give his take on the Immortal Memory and there will be a ceilidh of song, music and poems and followed by dancing in the Big Lounge. Everyone attending the workshop is invited to attend the Supper as part of the weekend.
Sunday 25th January
A mix of reflection, writing time and input from Gerry Loose
1.00pm – Lunch
2.00 pm Closing
Millrig Road, Biggar, South Lanarkshire ML12 6HT
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Wee Write – Family Days at Aye Write! 3 and 4 March, 2018
- Ten Writers Telling Lies and M. Litt Creative Writing Open Mic, Gilchrist Centre University of Glasgow
- Nature Writing Beyond Landscape – Scottish Writers Centre, Glasgow
- Express Yourself, Women in Poetry at Tell It Slant, Friday 23 February, 2018
- Colin Herd, Poet at Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- LGBT History Month, Film Screening and Discussion, STUC
- The Carrbridge Rose – Brian Whittingham
- Ian Bell New Writing Award, Meet the Judges at Aye Write
- Sonnet Youth at The Drygate, 21 February, 2018
- Aye Write! Denise Mina introduces… Danny Denton & Mick Kitson 18 March, 2018
- Denise Mina at Creative Conversations review Pat Byrne
- Sextival: Queer Relationships on Film, CCA
- Aye Write 2018 – Darren McGarvey & Raoul Martinez, Freedom From Poverty
- Eileen Myles and nick-e-melville, OranMor
- Denise Mina at Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- The Darker Side of Fairytales with Kirsty Logan, Dumbarton Library
- Honest Error: Glasgow Poets on Charles Rennie Mackintosh, The Hunterian, University of Glasgow
- Writer David Keenan, Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- AyeWrite! 2018 Ten Writers Telling Lies