Wiston Writers Workshop with Gerry Loose, 23 January, 2015
January 23, 2015 – January 25, 2015
A weekend of writing for all ages and stages, led by Gerry Loose, “slow moving nomad, poet, writer and land-artist who works with subjects from the natural world” set in the magnificent location of Wiston Lodge.
Cost £130 includes workshops, accommodation and food:
Payable by cheque or BACS
Friday Jan 23rd
7.30 pm. Poetry and story sharing session for all present to offer some writing which has inspired them, led them to write, or make them want to in the future. Gerry Loose will share some of his own writing.
Saturday January 24th
10.00 a.m. Introduction from Gerry Loose.
Time outside alone or in pairs in the grounds of Wiston Lodge, experiencing the natural world, and getting ideas and inspiration from the wind and weather, trees, plants and the environment. Return to indoors round the fire then start to produce new writing inspired by the time outside.
1.00 – Lunch
2.00pm Writing time and individual slots with Gerry
6.00pm Wiston Lodge style Informal Burns Supper and Ceilidh.
Following the dinner, Addressing the Haggis and Tam O’Shanter, Gerry Loose will give his take on the Immortal Memory and there will be a ceilidh of song, music and poems and followed by dancing in the Big Lounge. Everyone attending the workshop is invited to attend the Supper as part of the weekend.
Sunday 25th January
A mix of reflection, writing time and input from Gerry Loose
1.00pm – Lunch
2.00 pm Closing
Millrig Road, Biggar, South Lanarkshire ML12 6HT
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Glasgow Literary Lounge featuring Louise Malone on art plus Open Mic
- Farzane Zamen in Concert
- Scottish PEN Writers In Exile review by Pat Byrne
- Start – Graham Morgan at Helensburgh Library
- Book Launch: ‘The Sound of the Hours’ Karen Campbell
- Margaret Atwood – Live in Cinemas
- Book Launch: Something Like Happy – Sasha Greene
- From Glasgow To Saturn Pride Edition Launch
- Some Distant Day with Cheeky Besom Productions
- Longlist for McIlvanney Prize Scottish Crime Book of the Year 2019
- Express Yourself – Poets at Tellit Slant
- An Afternoon of Fiction, Poetry and Performance
- The Creative Process with Jacqueline Smith
- An Evening with local author – Pat McIntosh
- Scottish PEN’s Writers in Exile
- Manaf Halbouni – Artist’s Talk Refugee Festival Scotland
- Interfest and Book Launch Garnethill Glasgow
- Julia Donaldson – The Gruffalo and other stories at West End Festival
- A Place For The Work and The Human Being
- Aye Write! presents Jane Harper