Wild Harvest, Native Trees and Fruit, Locavore Guided Walk and Discussion
Queens Park, 520 Langside Road, Glasgow G42 8QR
23 September, 2018
Join Floortje, one of the growers from our Left Field Market Garden, on a guided walk and discussion on the various native trees and their fruits/edible leaves available to forage in Queen’s Park.
Floortje will be offering her guidance and knowledge to give you the tools to continue on your foraging journey, and understanding how your foraging can allow these plants to flourish in our parks year after year.
You will be introduced to a variety of wild species and given tips on harvesting, identification and recipe ideas. We advise that you bring a camera, notepad and pen to track the species you will be learning about, as well as a bag or basket for the produce you decide to pick. This walk will primarily be about knowledge gathering, but there will be opportunities to collect and taste samples based on the quantity available, under Floortje’s guidance.
After the guided walk we will make our way back to Locavore on Victoria Road for refreshments and an informal discussion.
This event is part of our Zero Waste program, tackling understanding and engagement within our community. As such, nobody will be turned away due to lack of funds. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in this instance.
Please note that Floortje will only be introducing you to safe and easy to identify fruits and leaves and we always advise against eating anything that you can’t confidently identify.
The exact meeting place will be announced closer to the time of the event, after booking.
Donations to secure your place will go to the Good Food Fund.
The Good Food Fund is our project to help people in the community who find themselves in the desperate situation of needing emergency food aid. It is an alternative model to traditional food banks which rely on donations of tinned and dry goods from members of the public for distribution to those in need.
- New Candys + Kundalini Genie & Gelatine
- Aye Write: The Writing of Janet Paisley with Dr Linda Jackson, University of Strathclyde
- Silent Disco Party Parade, The Record Factory
- Creative Conversations – Novelist Jacob Ross
- GFF19 Jim Galloway – A Journey In Jazz CCA
- A Private War GFT
- Tell It To The Bees
- The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert
- The Vanishing Glasgow Film Theatre
- An Elephant Sitting Still Glasgow Film Theatre
- The Raft Glasgow Film Theatre
- Tickets on Sale Glasgow Film Festival 2019
- Poetry at Inn Deep
- The Hole in the Ground, Glasgow Film Festival
- Transatlantic Sessions Celtic Connections 2019 review and photography by Pauline Keightley
- FrightFest Week-End 1 and 2 March, 2019
- Full Programme Announced Glasgow Film Festival
- Aye Write: Louise Welsh Introduces… Temi Oh & Bridget Collins
- Aye Write: Helena Kennedy QC
- Aye Write: Stuart Cosgrove & Ken McNab