What’s On in Glasgow: Kids and Young People
- Take 2: The Secret of Kells Saturday, 25 May, 2019 . 11.30 a.m. Celebrate ten years of this beautiful animation about the origin of the famous Book of Kells. Filled with Celtic references, the film follows young Brendan trying to escape the boring life of the monastery by helping Brother Aiden finish the Book of Kells, a task that becomes harder once ...
- Wild Festival and Gala, Children’s Wood Saturday, 1 June, 2019 12 p.m. – 4 p.m. The Children’s Wood, Clouston, Kelbourne, Sanda Street, N. Kelvinside G20 8QW ‘It’s that time of year again when our community comes together for the West End Festival. There will be gardening and planting, a Bioblitz of species with the RSPB, outdoor cooking, street play and our infamous Dog ...
- Nobody Knows GFT 13 May, 2019 5.45p.m. Four children are left to fend for themselves in a Tokyo apartment by their scatterbrained and selfish mother. Their well-being and survival depends on the oldest son, 12-year-old Akira. Filmed over the course of a year, Kore-eda’s heartbreaking study of childhood destroyed by neglect and societal indifference boasts superb naturalistic performances. Lead ...
- Free Comic Book Day, City Centre Comics Saturday, 4 May, 2019 City Centre Comics, 37 Ruthven Lane, G12 9BG Free Comic Book Day 2019 A large selection of the free comics on offer this year! Free comic grab bag! 20% off all sets 20% off all t-shirts! Selected Marvel/DC action figures reduced! A free copy of DC Year Of The Villain #1 with every purchase! Facebook Event
- Take Access 2: Bumblebee Saturday 4 May, 2019 12,00 After fleeing his home planet Cybertron, a young Autobot finds refuge hiding as a Volkswagen Beetle in a junk yard. 20 years later, Charlie Watson is celebrating her 18th birthday when she is given the car as a present. In her attempts to fix the car, the Autobot reveals himself and she ...
- Save Otago Lane Family Festival Saturday 30 March, 2019 A fun all-day festival, hosted by the residents and businesses of Otago Lane for the family – that is you: customers, supporters and wellwishers. All are welcome, children, adults, pets and everything in between. Musical Line Up Tom McGuire & The Brassholes – an eclectic, modern-soul-funk, 8 piece band from Glasgow. DJ Wayne Dickson – a ...
- T.Rex is in Town, Kelvin Hall, Glasgow 18 April – 31 July, 2019 The Kelvin Hall T. Rex in Town is an experience for the whole family! Meet Trix, a 66 million year old fossil, design your own T. rex, dig for fossils and even dance like a Dino! Book your tickets. Information for Schools This unique exhibition provides an opportunity for school groups to see ...
- Aye Write 2019 Gaelic Reading and Singing (Family Event) Sunday 24th March, 2019 – 1 p.m. until 1.45 p.m. The Mitchell Library, North Street, G3 7DN Join a FREE fun-filled Gaelic reading session for families with stories, songs and puppets. Led by Linda MacLeod, star of BBC Alba’s Leugh le Linda. Although primarily in Gaelic, the session will be welcoming to parents who are learning the language, ...
- Woodlands Community Garden’s 9th Birthday Celebration Sunday 24 March, 2019 2 p.m. – 5 p.m. Woodlands Community Garden 91 – 101 West Princes Street G4 9BY Celebrate Woodlands Community Garden’s 9th birthday both in the garden and the Workspace building – expect cake, food, songs, dancing, children’s games, poetry and a photo exhibition. This is a free drop-in event – all are welcome! On the day: 2pm – ...
- Music Broth Grow With Music Youth Project Enrolment Session, 24 March, 2019 1 p.m. – 4 p.m. Music Broth – Scotland’s 1st Musical Instrument & Equipment Library has secured funding from the GCDT Youth Activity Grant to deliver an 8 week music programme for up to 30 young people aged 12 – 17 years. The programme will offer different music activities (i.e. guitar, ...
- Joe Thomas announced as first Young Films Foundation Ambassador CCA on Tuesday 26th February, 2019 Pioneering Scottish film & TV producer, Chris Young, will announce actor and writer Joe Thomas as the first ambassador for the Young Films Foundation at a Glasgow Film Festival Industry event hosted by the Young Films Foundation and Channel 4. Young and Thomas worked together on the iconic ‘The Inbetweeners’ sitcom ...
- Creative Pathways Designed by Disruption, Impact Arts Thursday 7 February, 2019 Impact Arts presents… Designed by Disruption Impact Arts, 60 Bank Street, Irvine KA12 0LP An evening showcasing the effectiveness of arts charity Impact Arts’ work with children and young people in North Ayrshire. We will demonstrate how high-quality creative arts combined with educational models are achieving real, tangible results for young people who have ...
- Burns for Bairns OranMor Burns For Bairns 26th Jan 2019, 10am – 2pm Special Event For Children The first 100 lucky children to attend will be gifted Burns For Bairns books, compiled by Irving Miller.* As part of our Arts For All, All Year Round philosophy, Òran Mór is hosting a special Burns For Bairns celebration. The event will showcase Òran Mór’s new commission of ...
- New Rhythms for Glasgow Mid-term Music and Art Workshops, Maryhill Call 0141 557 0475 or just drop in. www.nrfg.org.uk
- Jam Project – Free Music Classes at Music Broth Ten Week Music Course – 16 -25 year olds Starts: 7 February, 2019 Music Broth, Unit 7, Victoria Court, 8 Hollybrook Street, Govanhill, Glasgow G42 7HB Music Broth is responsible for Scotland’s first musical instrument library in Govanhill. It aims to improve access to musical instruments and equipment to anyone who wants to pursue a musical venture. Part of ...
- Wee Write 2019 2nd March, 2019 at The Mitchell Library See full Wee Write Programme Events Include Play Talk Read Bus 2nd Mar 2019 • 10:00AM – 4:00PM • Mitchell Library Jump aboard the ‘Play Talk Read’ bus, Benji, listen to stories, join in the rhymes, and get involved in some messy play. Play Talk Read have lots of easy, fun ways to ...
- The Muppet Christmas Carol, GFT 17 – 23 December, 2018 Join the Muppets as they tell their hilarious version of an old, bitter miser’s redemption on Christmas Eve. With Kermit the Frog playing Bob Cratchit, the put-upon clerk of miserly Ebenezer Scrooge (Michael Caine). The other Muppets – Miss Piggy, Gonzo, Fozzie Bear and Sam the Eagle – take up supporting ...
- Kids Christmas Party Cottiers Sunday 16 December, 2018 – 1 – 4 p.m. Cottiers, 93 – 95 Hyndland Street, Glssgow G11 5PU Festive fun for the little ones at Cottiers. Santa Claus will be dropping by! Arts and Crafts & games Prizes to be won for the best Christmas Outfit Free Entry (children must be supervised at all times)
- GRAMNet/BEMIS Film Series Talented & Young: We Are Scotland Wednesday 5 December 2018 CCA 6pm, Free (unticketed), Cinema All ages 0141 352 4900 Celebrating the Year of Young People (YOYP), this documentary offers a snapshot of the talents revealed by the diverse young citizens of Scotland: diverse talented youth celebrating their inclusive national identity, cultural heritage and Scotland as home through showcasing and sharing their experiences and validating their ...
- Christmas Play in a Day, Hillhead Library Do you have a child that’s interested in drama and performance? Sunday, 16 December, 2018 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. Hillhead Library,348 Byres Road, G12 8AP Why not join Halo Arts at Hillhead Library for ‘Christmas Play in a Day’ where participants will spend a whole day with a children’s theatre director, devising a festive themed performance in ...
- Worlds of Ursula K. Le Guin, GFT 25 November, 2018 Major feminist author Ursula K. Le Guin paved the way for women and other marginalised writers. Best known for the Earthsea chronicles, her pioneering books examine society through the lens of science fiction and fantasy, as she staked her claim in traditionally male-dominated literary genres. This National Endowment for the Arts and Kickstarter-funded ...
- Castlemilk Youth Complex Your Life matters CCA Thursday 29 November 2018 7pm, Free (unticketed), Cinema All ages / F-rated 0141 352 4900 Your life matters is a short film written and created by young people in Castlemilk from Castlemilk Youth Complex. who identified mental health issues in their community, especially suicide. We hope to share helplines and support as too many young lives are being taken. Its ...
- Frozen Sing-a-long GFT 15 and 16 December, 2018 One of Disney’s most successful animated films returns this Christmas. Join in with the songs as fearless adventurer Anna enlists the help of thrill-seeking Kristoff, reindeer Sven and hapless snowman Olaf, to find her sister, Queen Elsa, and save their kingdom. GFT 12 Rose Street, G3 6RB Buy tickets
- Dance Along Movie, Trolls 11 November, 2018 12 noon until 1.30 p.m. St Stephens Renfield Church Join Dance HQ for a special dance-along screening of the hit movie, Trolls. After the Bergens invade Troll Village, Poppy (Anna Kendrick), the happiest Troll ever born, and the overly-cautious, curmudgeonly Branch (Justin Timberlake) set off on a journey to rescue her friends. Their mission is ...
- Young Writers, What does it take to be a writer? 24 November, 2018 – 1.15 p.m. until 3.45 p.m. Free event – lunch included . Register online. Scottish Youth Theatre, 105 Brunswick Street, Glasgow G1 1TF So you’ve written a poem? If you’re an emerging writer aged16-18, come along and put your questions to the panel of writers and publishing professionals. Meet other writer and find out what your next ...
- KIDS Guitar Lessons, Glasgow West End + Bearsden WestEndGuitar has been providing elite, one on one guitar lessons for children since 2004. I’m Paul, professional guitar tutor for children. Aside from providing the absolute best guitar lessons created just for children – parents gain valuable time, save effort and cost by having guitar lessons come to THEM. They don’t have to rush dinner, pack up ...
- The Great Halloween Puppet Making Workshop Glasgow Scottish Mask and Puppet Centre Saturday 27 October, 2018 10am The Great Halloween Puppet Making Workshop Witches with broomsticks and Wizards with wands! Come along for some great fun making your very own Halloween puppet to scare off those vampires. Scary fun! Details and book Scottish Mask & Puppet Centre 8-10 Balcarres Avenue Glasgow G12 0QF
- L’il Monsters Breakfast Ball Hard Rock Cafe Sunday 28 October, 2018 – 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM Get into the Halloween spirit with Li’l Monsters Breakfast Come along and feast from with a buffet style breakfast and let the kids be entertained by a fabulous party entertainer, with spooky games, competitions and prizes to be won! Can’t wait to see everyone’s costumes! Adults £14.95 per person Children ...
- Be Bop Bairns Halloween Glasgow Saturday 27th October 2018 12,30 until 2.30pm The Platform, The Bridge, 1000 Westerhouse Road , Glasgow, G34 9JW Be Bop Bairns returns with a spooktacular Halloween Special. Prizes for best costumes, Halloween party games plus singing and dancing for kids and adults. Facepainting, soft Play for toddlers and yummy food and drinks from the stalls in the next arch. 12:30-2:30pm Adults £5, Bairns £5 and pre ...
- Afri Adventure, Africa in Motion for Kids, Glasgow Sat 3 November, 2018 at 2pm The Africa Art Centre, 286 Broomloan Road, G51 2GK For 3-12-year-olds, free and unticketed. The annual African in Motion Family Day Taking kids on adventures across Africa through storytelling and film. The amazing Zimbabwean storyteller, Tawona Sithole, will transport them to real and imaginary worlds through inspiring tales. The storytelling will be followed ...
- Scotland Loves Anime Glasgow Film Theatre 12 – 14 October, 2018 Scotland Loves Anime is back for its 9th year, boasting an incredible array of stunning anime films. With 4 UK premieres and 1 European premiere, plus join us for a Q&A with director Kazuto Nakazawa after B: The Beginning. It’s a special year for anime fans! Films in this Season Image for B: The Beginning ...
- Elite Basketball Camp, Hallowe’en, Cleveden School, Glasgow West End October 26 – 28, 2018 The camp is for ages 12+. The times are: Friday 7.00-9.30pm, Saturday 9.30 – 5pm (12.30-2 is lunch break) and Sunday 9.30-12.30pm. The camp is £65 for three days. “Join us for a compilation of the best player development Basketball coaches in USA, Ireland and Scotland. A fantastic opportunity to be taught ...
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2018 – Audience Figures Doubled Glasgow Youth Film Festival 10th Anniversary Edition Doubled Audience Figures from 2017. One of the most innovative youth film festivals in Europe, Glasgow Youth Film Festival (GYFF) took place 14 – 16 September 2018, celebrating both its 10th anniversary edition and Scotland’s Year of Young People. Programmed by GYFF Young Programmers aged 15 – 19, who ...
- Minis Rugby Hillhead Sports Club Hillhead Jordanhill Rugby Club hjrfc.com/youth-rugby/mini-rugby P1 – 3 is non-contact rugby, where children learn basic skills through fun training drills and also compete in touch games. P4 – 7 is contact rugby with some restrictions which take into account youth and inexperience, although enthusiasm and commitment are always present! U13 – continues the themes and links into youth rugby Boys ...
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival – 10th Anniversary Opening Gala – Anna and the Apocalypse Festival runs from 14 – 16 September, 2018 Glasgow Youth Film Festival celebrates 10th Anniversary with exciting new creative and Scottish production Anna and the Apocalypse at Opening Gala One of the most innovative youth film festivals in Europe, Glasgow Youth Film Festival (GYFF) returns from 14 – 16 September 2018, ...
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival, School of Rock, Blythswood Hall. 16 September, 2018 Pledge allegiance to the band of Mr. Schneebly at our pop-up screening of Richard Linklater’s classic School of Rock. Dewey Finn (Jack Black) poses as his roommate and secures a gig as a substitute teacher. When he finds out the class are musically talented, Dewey hatches a plan to win $25,000. All tickets £5.50. How does your school ...
- The Mask of Zorro, Blythswood Hall, Glasgow Part of Glasgow Youth Film Festival 16 September, 2018 Don Diego de la Vega (Anthony Hopkins) has a hidden identity as the masked crusader Zorro. After de la Vega’s untimely death, Alejandro takes up the mantle from his mentor, fighting for justice, and for the love of Elena (Catherine Zeta-Jones). Zorro masks and swords at the ready, ...
- Darkstar Academy Course for Kids Hillhead Sports Club 10 – 16 year olds Sunday 16 September, 2018 Hillhead Sports Club, 32 Hughenden Rd, Glasgow G12 9XP At Hughenden on SUNDAY 16 SEPTEMBER (6pm) – the free taster session for DARKSTAR THEATRE ACADEMY’s CREATIVE AND PERFORMANCE COURSE for 10 to 16s who want to act, sing, dance, direct, produce. Learn more at darkstaracademy.co.uk/ Hotline: 07780 981 306 Hillhead Sports Club Facebook www.hillheadsportsclub.com
- Patrick at GFT, Take 2 Free Family Film Saturday 8 September, 2018 . 11.30 p.m. Glasgow Young Scot or Kidz Card holders and an accompanying parent / carer get free tickets to this show by showing their Young Scot or Kidz Card at the Box Office. All other tickets are £5.50 (plus £1.50 for 3D screenings). Each £5.50 child’s ticket also admits one parent ...
- Young People invited to Meet Mhairi Black M.P., Clydebank Monday 24 September, 2018 7 p.m. until 9 p.m. The Titan, 1710 Great Western Road, Glasgow G81 2XT Clydebank SNP invites young people across West and East Dunbartonshire to meet Mhairi Black MP. Please get in touch via Facebook or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a ticket code, specifying if you are under 30, which town/village your reside and whether or ...
- Late Night: Superbad, Glasgow Youth Film Festival 14 September, 2018 – 11 p.m. A classic comedy featuring early roles for some of today’s biggest stars, including the film debut of Oscar-winner Emma Stone. Best mates Seth and Evan are about to leave high school and embark on college life. Before they do, they want to initiate their sex lives and mix with the ...
- #Beactive Festival, George Square, Glasgow 23 September, 2018 #BeActive Festival Free sports festival in the heart of Glasgow. We’re celebrating the start of European Week of Sport, and invite the City of Glasgow and beyond to come and enjoy a range of activities in this landmark location. Activities include Parkour, Hockey, Tennis and Boxing. This is a free event delivered in partnership with UK Active, ...
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival, 10 Anniversary Edition Programme (2018) Glasgow Youth Film Festival 10th Anniversary Edition Programme Announced: Skate Kitchen + Q&A, Never Goin’ Back, Late Night: Superbad, pop-up screening of School of Rock and more One of the most innovative youth film festivals in Europe Glasgow Youth Film Festival (GYFF) returns from 14 – 16 September 2018, celebrating both its 10th anniversary edition and Scotland’s ...
- NATIVITY! THE MUSICAL RETURNS TO SCOTLAND TO SEARCH FOR STAR ROLES SPARKLE & SHINE! NATIVITY! THE MUSICAL Are you a young, budding performer who sparkles and shines on stage? Well, today is your lucky day because the producers of Nativity! The Musical are returning to Scotland to find more children aged 9-12 to star in the Glasgow and Edinburgh leg of the production’s 2018 UK tour. Bright, young stars from ...
- Broomhill Sports Club, Football for Girls Broomhill Sports Club is gearing up for a new season of sport and the West End Inclusive Community Club is starting a new Girls’ Football section Autumn, 2018. Sessions will take place on Mondays and Thursdays at Hyndland Secondary School, 74 Lauderdale Gardens, Glasgow G12 9RQ The sessions are open to any Girls in P4 to S6. In time the club ...
- Royston Youth Action, Community Fun Day 2018 Saturday 4 August, 2018 12 – 4 p.m. Free Inflatables, Face Painting, Food, Raffle and much more. Donations for raffle welcome. Glenconner Park, Royston, Glasgow Event on Facebook On Twitter @RYA_YOUTHCLUB
- Govanhill International Festival and Carnival 2018 16 – 26 August, 2018 Celebrating diversity with a fabulous programme of events After the success of last year’s inaugural event, Govanhill International Festival and Carnival returns with a spectacular showcase including: Parade, Music, Dance, Walks Talks, Workshops and Community Activities. Come along and celebrate the amazing cultural, ethnic , religious and community diversity of Govanhill. Launch Event 16 ...
- Activity and Nature Discovery Day at Bowling Harbour Saturday, 4 August, 2018 11 – 4 p.m. Fun day of activities including canoeing, paddle boarding and zorbing at BHive at Bowling Harbour’s Activity & Nature Discovery Day. BHive Activity HubArch 1 Bowling Harbour, Bowling G60 5AF Special discounts on canoeing, paddle boarding and zorbing, plus free natural crafts and games. A mini-bioblitz will be carried out to discover what ...
- Kids’ Scrapbook Workshop, Cottiers 22 Julyy, 2018 Suitable for ages 6 – 12 Try something a little different with this kids scrapbooking workshop. Bring along photographs and souvenirs from holidays, special occasions and anything else you love and Louisa will help your little ones display them in a fun layout using lots of awesome craft materials. You will receive an A5 ...
- Family Friendly Autism Workshop, Riverside Museum Monday 16 July, 20128 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. Autism-friendly family workshop. Monday 16th July, 10am-12pm, in the learning room at Riverside Museum. FREE. There is no need to book. There will be a quiet safe space available for the whole day. Riverside Museum, Pointhouse Place, Glasgow G3 8RS Visual story boards Glasgow Museums GOMA Autism Friendly Storyboard Riverside Autism Friendly Storyboard St Mungos Autism ...
- Celebrating 80 years of the Beano, National Library of Scotland, Kelvin Hall Celebrating the 80th anniversary of the Beano comic with a day of fun and mischief! 28 July, 2018 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Glasgow Museums and the National Library of Scotland at Kelvin Hall, 1445 Argyle Street, Glasgow G3 8AW Free drop-in event (no booking required) National Library of Scotland at Kelvin Hall Celebrate the 80th anniversary of the ...
- Roald Dahl Film Festival at The Seamore, West End Festival 2018 Saturay 30 June, 2018 at 10.30 a.m. Come along and celebrate the works of the most phizz-whizzing children’s writer of our lifetime! The Seamore will be showing two Roald Dahl film adaptations over the festival period – the original Charlie & the Chocolate Factory and Fantastic Mr. Fox. With a buffet breakfast for the kids, surprise ...
- Isla and Pickle: The Highland Show – Hillhead Library, West End Festival Saturday 23 June, 2018 at 2pm With llustrator and author Kate McLelland At Hillhead Library – the wonderful illustrator and author Kate McLelland, bestselling illustrator of ‘There Was a Wee Lassie Who Swallowed a Midgie’ – Isla and her best friend Pickle, an adorable miniature Shetland pony, can’t wait to take part in the Perfect Pony competition ...
- The National Theatre of Scotland presents: The Reason I Jump, West End Festival 2018 At The Children’s Wood and North Kelvin Meadow 11 to 23 June 2018 Opening performance on 12 June 2018 at 7pm. Part of the West End Festival Booking details See Local Ticket Offer The Reason I Jump Based on the book by Naoki Higashida,translated by David Mitchell and Keiko ...
- Into the Woods Collective, Art and Music Workshops, Children’s Wood 2 and 3 June, 2018 Children’s Wood, North Kelvin Meadow Kelbourne St, Glasgow G20 8PR Nature inspired music and art workshops. Another session will take place on the 17th of June culminating in a collective performance and the celebration of the sensory garden and art work. Everyone is welcome. It’s FREE.
- Gaelic Sport and Fun Day St Fillans, Glasgow Gather the family and come and come along for a fantastic day. Saturday, 9 June, 2018 St Filan’s Primary, 20 Crompton Ave, Glasgow G44 5AF On the day there will be… Bouncy castles 🎉 Barbecue 🍔 Live music 🎤 Come and try gaelic football ⚽️ and hurling. While live games also. Tombola 🎁 Home baking stalls 🍰 Fun games 🤸♂️ And lots more. Something for all ...
- Moana Sing a long, GFT Monday 28 May, 2018 – 3.20 p.m. The song-packed story of Moana and her adventures comes to GFT for an unmissable one-off event. On the island of Motunui, young Moana lives a sheltered life of ease and contentment. But when an ancient curse threatens the island, Moana breaks with tradition and sets out across the sea to find the trickster demigod Maui and ...
- The Sparkle Horse Baby Disco Sunday 27 May, 2018 Last Sunday of the month means baby disco time. Doors are at 12 with DJing form 1pm to 3pm provided by the very excellent Gavin Dunbar off of the Camera Obscuras. Free entry as always. The Sparkle Horse, 16 Dowanhill Street, G11 5QS Event on Facebook
- Big Feed Street Food Special, Govan Sat 26 May12-10pm Sun 27 May, 2018 12-7pm GLASGOW’S AWARD WINNING FOOD MARKET BIG FEED STREET FOOD SOCIAL Sat 12-10pm Sun 12-7pm 249 Govan Road G51 2SE www.bigfeedstreetfood.com ‘We have lined up the BEST Street Food you’ll find ANYWHERE.’ 😁 Chick & Pea Naughty Italian Sunshine Tea Lounge Prague Shack Apecini Street Food Putter Club Duck Street Food Face Plant Foods (Vegan) Muerte Por Churros Charlie Mills Coffee Burrito Finsby FF Prosecco Chaps Summerhouse Pantry Tremendous line up ...
- Family Fun Day, Hillhead Tennis Club, 20 May, 2018 11 a.m.– 2 p.m. Sunday, 20 May, 2018 Free Lots of sports and activities to try from Hillhead Tennis Club and Community Partners, and a few surprises too! Check out the video for a small taster of what will be on offer…. https://youtu.be/6-tL4-RRvKA Hillhead Tennis Club, 32 Hughendon Road, Glasgow G12
- Concrete Soldiers Scottish Premiere of Documentary, Kinning Park Complex, Glasgow Don’t miss out on the Scottish premiere of the documentary ‘Concrete Soldiers’ with director Nikki Woolf and journalist Andy Worthington. A grassroots film about the fight against gentrification and council-estate demolition in London, Concrete Soldiers is also an inspiring call to action featuring the voices of residents who have refused the reality of social cleansing. The event ...
- Aye Write: Wee Write Beano Cartoon Capers, Mitchell Library 20 May, 2018 at 10.30 – 11.30 Mitchell Library, North Street, Glasgow G3 7DN Find out all about the Beano and draw your fave characters to take home! Celebrate the 80th birthday of Britain’s longest running children’s comic, in this fun-filled illustrated talk and comic workshop – Beano style! Jim Glen, comic artist and writer, who has written ...
- Aye Write: Wee Write One Button Benny with Alan Windram 20th May 2018 10:30AM – 11:30AM Mitchell Library, North Street, Glasgow G3 7DN 3 – 6 years old Benny is a Robot. Benny has a big red button in the middle of his tummy with the words ‘only press in an emergency’ on it. Benny is different, Benny is special, Benny is a Robot. Benny has a big ...
- May Day Picnic, Glasgow Green Sunday, 6 May, 2018 2 p.m. – 5 p.m. Family Friendly Event with food, music, poetry & cycling. Event on Facebook
- Sparkle & Shine! Nativity! The Musical Seeks Children Across The UK For Star Roles Are you a young, budding performer who sparkles and shine on stage? Well, today’s your lucky day because the producers of Natvity! The Musical are on the look-out for children aged 9-12 star in the Scottish leg of the production’s 2018 UK tour. Bright, young stars from across the country will have a chance to sparkle ...
- Wee Write Literary and Book Festival for schools and children 2018 Family Days and Wee Write! Schools Programme All set to go ahead with rescheduled dates after cancellation due to heavy snowfall courtesy of the so-called ‘Beast from the East’. Here are the rescheduled dates: Family Days 19th and 20th May, 2018 Everything from T-Rex to Robots and you can try and solve the biggest mysteries in the World or simply enjoy ...
- Call for Young Programmers for 10th Anniversary of Glasgow Youth Film Festival Applications are now open for young people aged 15-19 to become GYFF Young Programmers for Glasgow Youth Film Festival’s 10th Anniversary edition, which returns from 14 – 16 September 2018. Programmed by young people, Glasgow Youth Film Festival (GYFF) is one of the most innovative youth film festivals in Europe, annually presenting an outstanding range ...
- Children’s Wood Holiday Club Outdoor adventures and play 9 – 13 April, 2018 The Children’s Wood, Kelbourne, Sanda, Clouston Street, Glasgow G20 8QW Booking for each session closes at 3pm the day before, please book in plenty of time to avoid disappointment. What is it? A week-long programme of outdoor activities delivered by Joni Mackay Forest School in partnership with The Children’s Wood. Throughout ...
- Young Films Foundation, CCA Meet the successful interviewees–Industry Drinks Event 26 February, 2018 6 p.m. Chris Young is delighted to announce that 17 candidates have been shortlisted from an initial list of over 100 applicants for the Young Films Foundation residence on the Isle of Skye, to be held this year in May, www.youngfilmsfoundation.co.uk Following the interviews at the Glasgow Film ...
- Wee Write – Family Days at Aye Write! 3 and 4 March, 2018 Looking for a fun day out for the little bookworms in your life? Celebrate their imagination at the Wee Write! Family Days! It’s an absolute must for the kids. Join us for a weekend of imaginative, literary fun! The Mitchell Library, North Street, Glasgow G3 7DN Saturday 3 and Sunday 4 March, 2018 10 a.m. – 4 ...
- Monte Carlo Classic Rally, Paisley 31 January, 2018 31 January, 2018 – 4.00 .m. – 7.30 p.m. Paisley races into 2018 at full speed with the spectacular Monte-Carlo Classic Car Rally send off. Close to 100 cars in total are expected to leave the start ramp outside Paisley Abbey with 25 classic cars beginning their epic journey to the South of France. All cars will be ...
- Santa’s Magical Grotto at Lomond Shores until 24 December, 2017 Christmas isn’t Christmas without a visit to Santa. Come and see Santa at his magical loch-side residence, with a peek into the Elves’ Workshop, and a trip on the Santa Train to Santa’s Grotto to visit the man himself. Until 24th December (open daily) 10am – 6pm Lomond Shores, Ben Lomond Way, Balloch G83 8QL This experience is ...
- Christmas Baby Rave at Cottiers Baby Rave! BFLF Glasgow West – DJ Yogi Haughton 17 December, 2017 – 2:00 pm – 4:30 pm ‘What kind of fun are we going to have?’ * Absolute legend DJ Yogi Haughton playing a huge set of 80s/90s club classic right through to current techno and acid delights for our Christmas party * Play area with tents and ...
- Ricky McWhittington – a traditional Glasgow pantomime, Various Venues 28 November – 16 December, 2017 Don’t miss the best value pantomime in town! Tickets £2.50 / £5.00 Ricky McWhittington by Alan McHugh Adapted and Directed by Bill Wright Designed by Brian Hartley Senga McWhittington’s Sweetie Shop in downtown Glasgow is over-run by a swarm of rats, led by the villainous verminous Queen Rat! Nothing can stop this plague until our ...
- Scottish Youth Film Festival Awards Ceremony 2017 Kelvin Hall Wednesday 22 November, 2017 6 pm – 7.30 pm See the cream of Scotland’s young film-making talent at the Scottish Youth Film Festival Awards ceremony, celebrating the best short films made in the last year. Register at Eventbrite Kelvin Hall Screening Room, National Library of Scotland at Kelvin Hall Kelvin Hall International Sports Arena 1445 Argyle Street Glasgow G3 8AW
- Kids’ Halloween Party at Cottiers, Sunday 29 October, 2017 Free fun event for kids this Halloween at Cottiers. 93 – 95 Hyndland Street, G11 5PU
- West Dunbartonshire Libraries, Dumbarton Library, October Week 2017 Telephone 01389 608992 to register
- Halloween Treasure Hunts at The Tall Ship, 28 and 29 October, 2017 Back by popular demand! Join pirate Scary Mary as she tells you all about the cursed pirate ship named The Flying Dutchman as you hunt around the ship for its cursed treasure chest! Halloween weekend (Saturday 28th and Sunday 29th October) the Tall Ship will host spooky treasure hunts! Session times 11:45am-12:30pm, 1:00pm-1:45pm, 2:15pm-3pm, 3:30pm-4:15pm £3 per ...
- Mr Fibbers ‘Ghost-Busker’ Children’s Halloween Show, The Stand, 28 October, 2017 28 October, 2017 2.30 p.m. Mr Fibbers presents ‘Ghost-Busker!’ – a spooktacular special, filled with funny songs, magic, and all round daftness. Fancy dress is very much encouraged. www.mrfibbers.com Best suited for 8-12’s. Sorry, no under 5’s and all young comedy fans must be accompanied. Event details at The Stand The Stand, 333 Woodlands Road, Glasgow G3 6NG Find more about ...
- Halloween Dog Disco, 13th Note, 29 October, 2017 29 October, 2017 1 – 6 p.m. It’s back – and this time it’s spooky! get your sewing kits out and start making your costumes, because the 13th Note’s Dog Disco has risen once again for a Halloween special! trick or treats, bobbing for bones and, of course, prizes for the best costume just like last ...
- Halloween Movie Drive In, Riverside Museum 29 October, 2017 29 October 2017 Riverside Museum, 100 Pointhouse Place, Glasgow G3 8RS After the success of last year’s event, HalloweenMovie Drive-In is back at Riverside Museum for another exciting event. This year screening family favourite the Original Ghostbusters at 6pm, and creepy classic Scream at 9pm. Thorntonhall Ice Cream and the Street Food Putter Club ...
- Ghoulish Glasgow, Glasgow City Tours Ghoulish Glasgow. So good it’s ghastly! The facts kids love to hear aren’t necessarily the ones adults are interested in! A fun, fact-filled tour with ‘child-appeal’. Ghoulish Glasgow is all about Glasgow and its history but the tales it tells about the city and its buildings are focused on ghoulish, gory and downright horrible facts from ...
- Harvest Market, Children’s Wood, Glasgow West End 8 October, 2017 Harvest Market, Children’ Wood 12 p.m. – 4 p.m. Sunday 8th October, 2017 Crafts, Storytelling, foraging, harvesting, fires and much more The Children’s Wood, Clouston Street/Kelbourne Street, North Kelvinside, G20 8QW Event on Facebook
- Libraries Week Glasgow 7 – 14 October, 2017 With events from 7 – 14 October, find out what your local Glasgow library can offer you. Some Events in Glasgow during Library Week Book Group Day Saturday 7th October, 1-4pm – Free. Books Groups from across the city are invited for an afternoon of reading celebration with author Louise Welsh The Mitchell Library, North St, Glasgow G3 7DN Under 5’s Celebration Monday ...
- Glasgow Science Festival, University of Glasgow 29 and 30 September, 2017 Imagineer: engineering-inspired theatre ‘Back in June, we brought together engineers and theatre students for a day of inspiration. Several months and lot of hard work later, this is the result! On Friday 29 September at Gilmorehill G12, theatre-makers ‘The Doing Group’ will debut their engineering-inspired performances at Imagineer. Book your free ticket online. Funded by the Royal Academy ...
- Govan Young Documentary, Govan Old Church, 29 September, 2017 Enjoy the UK Premiere of “Govan Young” Film Friday 29 September, 2017 6 p.m. – 7.20 p.m. An award-winning documentary to be screened in the fantastic setting of Govan Old Church, 866 Govan Rd, Glasgow G51 3UU In the magnificent surroundings of Govan Old Church we will uncover the history of the Kingdom of Strathclyde with the UK ...
- First Strings, Glasgow: Guitar Lessons for Children Guitar Lessons – Specifically Designed for Children First Strings was founded in 2013 by Johanna Bannerman. Frustrated by the lack of opportunities for children to learn guitar in Glasgow, she developed First Strings with the mission of providing high-quality guitar tuition for children without the high price tag. Joanna aimed to move away from the outdated ...
- GYFF Opening Gala: Just Charlie, GFT, 22 September, 2017 Winner of the 2017 audience award at Edinburgh International Film Festival, GYFF 2017 is delighted to open with Rebekah Fortune’s debut feature film, Just Charlie. Charlie’s father lives vicariously through his football prodigy son until Charlie has to make a life changing decision that may tear the family apart. Just Charlie is the story of ...
- Blue Light Festival, Riverside Museum, 16 and 17 September, 2017 Riverside Museum, 16 and 17 September, 2017 Nee-Naw! Nee-Naw! The FREE Blue Light Festival at Riverside Museum is back for another year! Enjoy a great family day out where you can Learn more about the work of our emergency services teams by getting up close to emergency vehicles old and new; you can even climb aboard ...
- Toddlers’ Tuesdays and Thursdays at The Tall Ship Until 26 October, 2017 The Tall Ship, 130 Pointhouse Place, G3 8RS Event details Tall Ship Website
- Clydebuilt Festival Glasgow, 23 and 24 September, 2017 A new free festival of Boats, Folk and Our Shared Heritage On the 23rd and 24th of September, Glasgow will play host to the first Clydebuilt Festival at The Tall Ship, a free celebration of boats and the folk that use them for work and play. There will be something for everyone at the festival: whether you ...
- Rock Dog, GFT, 26 August, 2017 11.30 a.m. On Snow Mountain, lead guard dog Khampa heads up the unit that protects the village from prowling wolves. His son Bodi is expected to follow in his footsteps when the time comes, but has never shared his father’s knack or enthusiasm for such responsibilities. When a radio falls from the sky and introduces Bodi to ...
- Lal Batti Express (Red Light Express) by Kranti, Cottiers, 30 and 31 August, 2017 Cottier, 95 Hyndland Street, G11 5PU Wednesday 30th and Thursday 31st August 2017 Free Entry. Donations gratefully accepted at the door. No need to book in advance. Kranti (Revolution) is a charitable organisation that educates and empowers childhood survivors of trafficking or daughters of sex workers from Mumbai’s infamous red-light districts to become agents of social change. In ...
- Conference for Young Women, Hilton Grosvenor Hotel, 19 August, 2017 Conference for Young Women August 19, 2017, 10.30 – 15.00 Hilton Grosvenor Hotel Glasgow, Glasgow Empowerment: What Young Women Need to Suceed Saturday 19th August 2017 Hilton Grosvenor Hotel, Byres Road, Glasgow Hilton Grosvenor Hotel Glasgow, 1-9 Grosvenor Terrace, Great Western Road, Glasgow G12 0TA. Empowerment: What Young Women Need to Suceed Saturday 19th August 2017 Hilton Grosvenor Hotel, Byres Road, ...
- Tinker Town Den Building Bowling Harbour, Dates in August, 2017 Tinker Town #TT2 TinkerTown #TT2 is a place-making event through den building for children and families; allowing them to play learn and discover while developing their creativity and shaping out their own space in the city The City Of Play Bowling Harbour 11am – 4pm FREE Bowling Wednesdays and Saturdays 02, 05, 09, 12 August 2017 Bowling Harbour Project Bowling West Dumbartonshire G60 5AQ Part of Architecture ...
- Anderston Family Fun Day, Saturday, 26 August, 2017 Saturday, 26 August, 2017 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. Community Event, open to all. Fun for all the Family. Inflatable Fun with Bouncy Castle, Inflatable Slide and Bungee Trampolines – Unlimited Goes for £5 Stalls BBQ / Cafe Games Raffle Tug of War and many more fun activities. 3 Port Street, G3 6HY Event on ...
- Pie in the Sky, Arts and Crafts for Kids, Kelvingrove Park, Thursday 13 July, 2017 Crafternoons @Chaiwallah in the beautiful Kelvingrove An afternoon of art & crafts with Pie In The Sky. This Thursday, take a walk in Kelvingrove Park and collect unusual leaves you will find scattered all over the ground, then pop along to Chaiwallah West End, 55 Eldon Street, G3 6NJ, where you can create something special with ...
- Play on Pedals, Summer 2017 – Drop in programme for under 5s playonpedals.scot/
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2017 – call for programmers Call for GYFF Young Programmers Glasgow Youth Film Festival (GYFF) will take place 22 – 24 September 2017. GYFF is one of the most innovative and creative youth film festivals in Europe, and GLASGOW FILM FESTIVAL are looking for young people to help programme it! Could you be one of GYFF Young Programmers for 2017? For the last 8 years ...
- Woodlands Connections, Malls Mire Community, 29 June, 2017 29 June, 2017, 3 – 8 p.m. A cultural cookery creative event – part of Refugee Festival Scotland! Cook out on open fires, bring a dish to share, take a photo walk in the woods, take part in craft activities or watch a film in a cinema yurt! Everyone is welcome. Come and connect under ...
- Summer Bushcraft Club, The Children’s Wood, 12 July – 9 August, 2017 Children’s Wood, Kelbourne St, Glasgow G20 8PR Due to the nature of the activities there are limited spaces on each session, so booking is essential to avoid dissapointment. You never know when you might be washed up on a Desert Island! Come along to the Summer Holiday Club to learn essential bushcraft and wilderness skills! This is ...
- Notre Dame School music pupils compose with Scotland’s contemporary music ensemble Red Note Red Note Ensemble are taking their New Music Makers workshop to Notre Dame School this month, working with music teacher Lindsey Millar and pupils studying Advanced Higher and Higher Music, before culminating in a performance on 22 June, 2017. New Music Makers is an exciting and ambitious programme to support the development ...
- Africa to Glasgow, Stories of African Refugee Women, Karibu, 24 June, 2017 In collaboration with Glasgow Women’s Library, Karibu Scotland celebrates the lives of African refugee women who have settled here. Your participation will be welcome at the Karibu AGM from 12-1pm–some delicious food and fun afterwards. Special Scotish-African Bookbug Session for pre-school children The event is free but please register to attend or phone 0141 550 2267. Event ...
- Wild in the City,Glasgow Botanic Gardens, 28 June, 2017 Wild in the City at the Botanic Gardens. Meet the Countryside Rangers and learn about Glasgow’s wildlife through games, workshops and activities. 11am-3pm. Free! Glasgow Botanic Gardens, 730 Great Western Rd, Glasgow G12 0UE Glasgow Botanic Gardens Bicentenary Celebrations
- Alan Dapre : Porridge The Tartan Cat And The Brawsome Bagpipes Hillhead Library, 5 June,2017 Hillhead Library 348 Byres Road, G12 8AP Monday 05 June 1:15pm email@example.com or 0141 287 2989 When Porridge was a wee kitten he toppled into a tin of tartan paint — which is easy to do and not so easy to say. Now he lives by Loch Loch with the quirky McFun family: Gadget Grandad, Groovy Gran, Dino ...
- Submarine Time Machine, National Theatre Scotland, Interactive Multi Media Experience, Banks of the Forth – Clyde Canal 23 – 25 June, 2017 SUBMARINE TIME MACHINE Fri 23rd Jun 17 – Sun 25th Jun 17 Various locations, Forth and Clyde Canal, Glasgow G4 9TL Between Spiers Wharf and Firhill Basin The National Theatre of Scotland presents Submarine Time Machine, a major site-specific theatre event on the banks of the Forth and Clyde Canal, Glasgow. Submarine Time Machine is an interactive, ...
- Glasgow Science Centre on Show 8 – 18 June, 2017, Glasgow Science Festival Glasgow Science Centre 8th-18th June 10:00-17:00 All ages Drop-in Entry into the science mall £11/ £9. Some activities have additional fees. Show times and availability vary. Further details Discover three floors of interactive exhibits, games, illusions and shows. Chill out with our coolest experiments in the Science Show Theatre. Explore how seeds grow and survive and learn how our ...
- Circus Skills Workshop at Kelvin Hall, Festival of Museums, Saturday 20 May, 2017 Saturday 20 May 10am-11.15am, 11.30am-12.45pm, 1.30pm-2.45pm, 3pm-4.15pm For ages 5-12 years Roll up roll up for our fun Circus skills workshop! Did you know that from 1929 Kelvin Hall hosted an annual Circus and carnival? Come and celebrate our history and heritage with some juggling, plate spinning and even learn to master the diabolo. So, turn that frown upside ...
- Creating Engineers School Pupils Challenge 2017, Glasgow Science Festival Glasgow Science Festival – ‘Creating Engineers Challenge 2017’ Glasgow Science Festival is pleased to announce ‘Creating Engineers Challenge 2017’. This annual competition is a chance for pupils in the West of Scotland to apply their construction skills and imagination to various engineering based challenges, competing to become the champions. How to enter the contest Resources and Entry Forms www.glasgowsciencefestival.org.uk/
- Gruffalo Reading and Songs with Tam Dean Burn, Kibble Palace, 29 April, 2017 Gruffalo in the Botanics An interactive afternoon of gruffalo activities, prizes and fun including a special reading of the gruffalo by Tam Dean Burn with songs on Saturday 29th April from 12pm to 4pm Meet at the Kibble Palace Gruffalo reading and songs by Tam Dean Burn and friends at 3pm Families, young people, children and their grown-ups are invited ...
- The Merchants of Magic, Britannica Panopticon, 22 April, 2017 Another magic cabaret from The Merchants of Magic. Come and see award-winning magicians who will amaze, astound and make you laugh. Shows at 1.30pm and 3.30pm, £5 entry. 114 – 117 Trongate, G1 5HD Kid Friendly Event on Facebook
- Art Exhibition by S2 Pupils, Hyndland School, Partickhill Bowling and Community Club 30 March, 2017 for two months. Paintings by S2 Pupils from Hyndland School will be on dispaly in the newly renovated Clubhouse of Partickhill Bowling and Community Club (46 Partickhill Road, G11 5AB – top of Gardner Street). These paintings will then be on display throughout April and May, 2017 and can be viewed by members of the local community at specific times ...
- OM Party, Youth Event, In the Moment Centre, Glasgow Saturday 18 March, 2017 In the Moment Centre, 72 Berkeley St, Glasgow G3 7DS Saturday, 18th March, 2017, 7pm-10pm(every 3rd Saturday of the month, same time & place) Live Music, Mantra, Meditation, Sitar, Exotic drumming, Henna and Vegan Food, everyone welcome Sitar Magic, OM-AIR, Sound, GUMBA, Kirtan Scotland £5 (all proceeds go to charity) Event on Facebook “OM Party” is a new revolutionary youth event ...
- Wee Govan Pipers at Glasgow Film Festival, Free Event, Pearce Institute, Sunday 19 February, 2017 Tickets available GFT Box Office
- Elysian presents From Broadway to the West End, Websters Theatre, 29 April, 2017 Elysian presents From Broadway to the West End Websters Theatre 29 Apr 2017 – 14:30 p.m. 29 Apr 2017 – 19:30p.m. Your favourite songs from Broadway to the West End – In aid of Calums Cabin and Nordoff Robbins Elysian presents From Broadway to the West End. Come along and support these wonderfully talented young people as they take ...
- The Gruffalo (Board book) Julia Donaldson, Axel Scheffler 12 February, 2017 1 p.m. Waterstones Sauchiehall Street. The Gruffalo (Board book) Julia Donaldson, Axel Scheffler 12 February, 2017 1 p.m. Waterstones Sauchiehall Street. Come along and meet the Gruffalo! We have a very special visitor coming along on Sunday the 12th of February. Join us in store for some Guffalo arts and crafts and a reading of the terrific tale! You might even get a ...
- Wee Write 2017 – Saturday 25 February and Saturday 4 March, 2017 Wee Write! Family Days Sat 25th February and Sat 4th March 2017 0141 287 2999 www.ayewrite.com/weewrite/ The Mitchell Libary, G3 7DN Two Wee Write Family Days this year. Double the fun! The Wee Write! Family Days include “The Glasgow Gruffalo” with Elaine C. Smith, a celebration of the Harry Potter novels and the latest adventure from kids favourite Chae ...
- Toddler Tuesdays & Thursdays at The Tall Ship January – May, 2017 Ages 0 – 4 years The Tall Ship, Riverside, 150 Pointhouse Place, Glasgow G3 8RS January 17/2017 to May 25/2017 10:30 AM to 11:15 AM A series of exciting sessions led by the Learning Team at The Tall Ship in the onboard cafe at – grab a coffee and cake while the little ones enjoy the fun! Themes ...
- West End Youth Theatre at Hillhead Library West End Youth Theatre at Hillhead Library starts back on Sunday 22nd January. Now have a group for 12-16 year olds as well as the junior youth theatre. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a place!
- Baltic Film Society The Golden Horse, CCA Sun 11 December 2016 CCA Sun 11 December 2016 3pm, £6 (£4) + £1 booking fee, Cinema All ages Book online / 0141 352 4900 Related CCA Events Baltic Film Society Eiger Sat 12 November 2016 The animated film is based on a play The Golden Horse, by Latvian poet Rainis. The story is about how Black Mother, an evil sorceress who feeds on the sadness and tears ...
- Badger and The Loch Mess Mystery, Book Week Scotland, Mitchell Library, Saturday 26 November, 2016 Badger and the Loch Mess Mystery Saturday 26th Nov 2016 • 11:00AM – 12:00PM • Mitchell Library Scotland’s famous monster meets the world’s most magical mutt. Children aged 5 – 11 years An Aye Write Event Mitchell Library, North St, Glasgow G3 7DN Tickets: £5 0141 353 8000 Buy tickets online Part of Book Wee Scotland Badger Mystercal Mutt Facebook
- Santa’s Reindeer is coming to Shawlands, Christmas Market and Crafts Thursday 17 November, 2016 The reindeer, Santa, face painting and craft making will be on Kilmarnock Road at Coustonholm Road. The Taiko drummers will be playing there- weather depending at 7pm and 7.30pm. Santa arrives 4 p.m. Open Mic at Langside Hall Further information at My Shawlands on Facebook
- Pandamonium Centre, Erskine, Autism Friendly Day Monday 5th December, 2016 Pandamonium are delighted to announce an autism friendly event for December, to book your tickets simple call into the centre or phone 0141 812 6081. Pandamonium Play Centre, 53 Kilpatrick Dr, Erskine PA8 7AF On Facebook www.pandamoniumplaycentre.com/
- Havana Glasgow Film Festival Wee Spanish Mobile Library – Havanita Family Screening Wed 16 November, 2016 Wed 16 November 2016 CCA 11am, Free (unticketed), Cinema All ages 0141 352 4900 Havana Glasgow Film Festival Tue 15 November — Sat 19 November 2016 Come and join The Wee Spanish Mobile Library and visual artist and puppeteer, Sonia Gardés, for a Havanita morning of Cuban cartoons, stories and songs in Spanish. Suitable for children aged 3-7years + family More information ...
- Snow White and the Seven Wee Muppets, Websters Bar 1 – 31 December, 2016 From the producers that brought you last year’s smash hit pantomime ‘A Belter of a Cinderella Story’ Insideout Productions in association with Websters Theatre Proudly Present SNOW WHITE and the SEVEN WEE MUPPETS By Paul Harper-Swan An all Singing, all Dancing Wickedly Wonderful Family Panto with a modern twist on the classic tale. Starring Jamie McKillop Joanne McGuinness ...
- Beauty and the Beast, Eastwood Theatre, 29 November – 3 December, 2016 Beauty and the Beast Local Group Eastwood Entertainers Tuesday 29 November – Saturday 3 December, 2016 Tuesday – Friday, 7.30pm Sat Matinee 1.30pm, Sat Evening 6.30pm Eastwood Entertainers proudly present our funny, fabulous, family friendly annual pantomime ‘Beauty and the Beast’. Come and meet Belle and her two horrible sisters. What will the lovable Dame Daisy and the comical Jacques get up ...
- Aladdin – A Panto-Opticon Spectacular, Britannia Panopticon, – various dates December 2016 Aladdin: A Panto-Opticon Spectacular 10th December 2pm & 7.30pm 11th December 2pm 17th December 2pm & 7.30pm 18th December 2pm The Britannia Panopticon Music Hall is putting on it’s first panto since it closed down in 1938! Come join us for a magical performance of a beloved classic, Aladdin! Tickets can be bought from Tickets Scotland, full price £5.00, concession ...
- The Snaw Queen, The Tron, 29 November 2016 – 7 January, 2017 She’s no’ just frozen…. she’s Baltic! Kristine Cagney Kringle and her toy workshop are gearing up for the biggest, bestest festive season yet. However, there’s a magic mirror just waiting to be dropped, and once it is, Christmas will be gone FOREVER! Join us on the ultimate quest to save the pantosphere from the evil Snaw Queen and her desire ...
- The Night After Christmas, The Tron, 29 November – 31 December, 2016 Twas the night after Christmas, All the presents unwrapped, Santa and Rudolph away for a nap, We know they’ll be hungry when they wake from their sleep, Why don’t we make them a nice tasty treat? Two elves do the cooking, A feast to prepare, Grab a knife and a fork, And we’ll see you ...
- Simon’s Magical Christmas Socks, Citizens Theatre Glasgow, 8 – 31 December, 2016 Royal Conservatoire of Scotland An intimate, interactive and fun-filled festive show for little ones aged 3-6 years. Simon Smith is an ordinary boy who is given extraordinary socks from a mysterious stranger. When he finds out that Santa is in a pickle and needs his help, his magic socks and a merry band of friends set him ...
- Hansel and Gretel, Citizens Theatre Glasgow, 6 December, 2016 – 7 January, 2017 A delicious festive treat for all the family this Christmas! Abandoned in a deep forest with no way of finding their way home, Hansel and Gretel stumble upon an extraordinary house. Tired and hungry, the siblings are lured inside by a cruel witch who plots to devour them. Hansel and Gretel must use their combined wits ...
- Jack and the Beanstalk, Knightswood Congregational Church, 23 – 26 November, 2016 Pantomime time is fast approaching. Come along and share the adventure with Jack and his friends. Tickets £3 for children and £5 for adults. Discounts for groups. For more info email email@example.com 12 Dunterlie Avenue, Glasgow G13 3BA Event on Facebook
- Aladdin, SECC, 10– 31 December, 2016 Aladdin SECC – Clyde Auditorium Exhibition Way, Glasgow G3 8YW 10th Dec 2016 to 31st Dec 2016 Packed with all the traditional panto ingredients, Aladdin features laugh out loud comedy, stunning scenery and beautiful costumes. Expect flying carpets, a wish-granting genie, an evil sorcerer and a lamp-full of laughs. With Marti Pellow and Johnny Mac Buy ...
- FUNBOX presents Christmas Wonderland, Glasgow Royal Concert Hall, 16 – 18 December, 2016 16 – 18 December, 2016 Glasgow Royal Concert Hall 2 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow, G2 3NY Anya, Kevin and Gary are on top of the world – literally, as their latest seasonal spectacular takes them to the North Pole. They’re wrapped up cosy and warm for an Arctic adventure packed with songs, silliness and snow. ...
- Cinderella, The King’s Theatre Glasgow, 2 December, 2016 – 8 January, 2017 The Mother of All Pantos Returns to The Kings The Kings Theatre, 297 Bath St, Glasgow G2 4JN Cinderella – Overview Yes – we’ll all go to the ball! This Christmas the Kings Theatre welcome back the magic of the Fairy Godmother, the sparkle of a pair of glass slippers and of course the beautiful (oh no they’re not!) ...
- Once Upon A Sunday, Charity Fundraiser, Cottiers, Sunday 27 November, 2016 Once Upon A Sunday A Day of Entertainment for all the Family – Charity Fundriaser in aid of UNICEF and Médecins Sans Frontières Cottiers (93-95 Hyndland Street, Glasgow G11 5PU) Sunday 27 November 10.30am – 4.00pm £7 / £5 / Family ticket £22 / under 2s go FREE Book online Once Upon A Sunday will take place at Cottiers in Glasgow’s West ...
- Interfaith Family Fun Day, 20 November, 2016, Hillhead Primary School, Glasgow FREE EVENT! This year our annual Interfaith Week Family Fun Day will take place on the 20th November (2-4.30pm) in Glasgow’s West End (the large hall at Hillhead Primary School, 110 Otago St, Glasgow G12 8NS). As well as performances, free food, face-painting, and henna, you’ll also have the opportunity to learn about different religious traditions ...
- Thumble Tumble Book 2 Launch, Waterstones Byres Road, Sunday 30 October, 2016 Thumble Tumble Book 2 Launch, Sunday 30 October, 2016 2 p.m. – 3 p.m. Drum roll please!!!!! At last Halloween soaked launch event in Waterstones Byres Road on Sunday 30th October, 2pm! Angela will be hosting a reading from the second book, there’ll be a prize for the best fancy dress (obviously witches and wizards or even toads ...
- The Big Glasgow Comic and Craft Fair for Halloween 29 October, 2016 Trades Hall The Big Glasgow Comic & Craft Fair returns to The Trades Hall once again for our Hallloween Fair. We’ll have over 40 traders selling Comics, Graphic Novels, Crafts, Art, Old and New Figures, Funko Pop, Cupcakes and much more. The Cosplay Competition for under 16’s and over 16’s take place at 4pm on the stage ...
- Spooky Art Classes for Children, P1 – P3 and P3 – P7 House of an Art Lover, 17 – 20 October, 2016 October ARTScool! P1-P3 These 2 day art schools will inspire children to make spooky masks and creepy decorations that will terrify everyone! The finished work will be presented in a pop-up performance for friends and family on the final day of the course between 3-4pm – there will be plenty of tricks and treats! Tutor: Leanora Brophy ...
- Spooky Seas, Loch Lomond Sea Life Centre, 15 – 31 October, 2016 Did you know that seahorses can change colour to camouflage and avoid predators? What a trick! Did you know that shoaling fish, such as tuna, stick together for protection? What a treat! Experience Halloween at the Sea Life Centre as they reveal the tricks and treats of the oceans. Meet their peaceful vampire tangs and not so ...
- Music Café, Every Thursday Royal Concert Hall until 15 December, 2016 Music Café is back! Royal Concert Hall, 2 Sauchiehall St, Glasgow G2 3NY Join us on a Thursday afternoon from 1-2pm for tea, coffee, cake & live music! We have a fantastic line-up this year, with some afternoon sessions featuring professional musicians from Live Music Now! See you at the Exhibition Hall at The Glasgow Royal Concert Hall ...
- Magipup Festival, Scottish Mask and Puppet Theatre, 15 – 23 October, 2016 Magipup Festival All Week Long Scottish Mask & Puppet Centre 8-10 Balcarres Avenue Glasgow G12 0QF With Shows, Workshops, Puppets, Magic and Paper/Toy Theatre, to keep everyone entertained and creative, rain or shine through the October School Holidays. Includes: Tom Thumb Ban Yan Theatre, The Three Billy Goats GRUFF and Puppet and Mask Making Open Day See the ...
- Garden Festival and Open Day, Thursday 29 September, 2016. Napiershall Street Napiershall Street Garden Festival – part of RSPB’s Wildfest 2016. 2 p.m. – 6 p.m. This will be a family friendly event with workshops, food, music and stalls. Everyone is welcome, bring your friends and family. Here are some of the things planned for the day: -workshop on making wildlife area out of recycled ...
- Get Active on Byres Road, European Mobility Week, 17 and 18 September, 2016 Mark Beaumont – Hillhead Library, 17 September 12 noon – 2 p.m. Mark Beaumont the cyclist, adventurer, broadcaster, documentary maker and author will talk about his travels, discuss his book with Q and A Session. Hillhead Library – 348 Byres Road, Glasgow, G12 8AP Book tickets (free) 18th September – Get Active Programme Information and Activities Cycling, Walking, Driving Byres Road ...
- Bring You Own Baby, Monday Specials at Siempre Bicycle Cafe, Partick Monday Specials for BYOB parents and babies. Home-made Cake and Coffee for just £4.00, coupled with a spacious area to relax in with pram parking and easy access. Perfect for Monday pick me ups and group chats after a busy weekend. 162 Dumbarton Rd, Glasgow, Strathclyde G11 6XE www.siemprebicyclecafe.com
- Family Fun Day, Anderston School, Saturday 27 August, 2016 A Day of Family Fun including Bouncy Castle and Slide, Games, Munchies and more .. Satuday 27 August 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. Anderston Primary School. 3 Port Street, GlasgowG3 8HYEvent page on Facebook
- AH Proctor, Byres Road Book Festival, Hillhead Library 26 September, 2016 Thumble Tumble and the Ollpheist is a story about witches and dragons. As with all good fairy stories, there is the balance of good and evil. Come along and hear AH Proctor read Thumble Tumble and the Ollpheist – 3 to 4 p.m. Hillhead Library,348 Byres Road, Glasgow G12 8AP0141 276 1617
- The Citizens Theatre, Open Day, Saturday 20 August, 2016 Citizens Theatre, 119 Gorbals Street, Glasgow, G5 9DS The Citz is opening its doors for a day of fun, drama, music, arts and crafts – and you’re invited! There will be events for the whole family to enjoy including behind-the-scenes backstage tours, craft stalls, face painting, treasure hunts and much more. Try on costumes from past productions, ...
- BHP Comics Comic Book Summer Classes (7-11years) Mon 25 July – Wed 27 July 2016 BHP Comics Comic Book Summer Classes (7-11years) Mon 25 July – Wed 27 July 2016 10am-1pm, £5 per class + £1 booking fee, Clubroom 7-11 years Book online / 0141 352 4900 Related CCA Events BHP Comics Comic Book Summer Classes (12-17years) Learn how comics are made in this fun workshop, from the organisers of Glasgow Comic Festival. You’ll get a chance to create ...
- Stage Experience: The Wizard of Oz, Theatre Royal 22 and 23 July, 2016 Following on from the success of Bugsy Malone, Stage Experience returns with a new production of the magical musical, The Wizard of Oz. When a tornado hits Kansas and Dorothy is swept away, she finds herself on a journey to find her way back home. Perhaps the best-loved adventure of them all, with songs from ...
- Peter Pan’s Excellent Adventure, Websters Theatre, 28 July, 2016 28 July, 2016 Doors open 7pm, show starts 7.30pm. Websters Theatre, 416 Great Western Road Glasgow G4 9HZ Peter Pan’s Excellent AdventureTickets £16.50 Adults/£11.50 concessions (inc. ticket admin fee) (fee applicable to all tickets, including tickets bought on the day) Ever wonder what your childhood stories would be like sounded in 80s pop culture… well this is the ...
- Wee Wednesdays Holiday Fun JULY 20TH 2016 The Bandstand Wee Wednesdays Holiday Fun JULY 20TH 2016 10 a.m. – 2.30 p.m. Kelvingrove Bandstand and Ampitheatre Kelvin Way, G12 8NR The brilliant Mark Walbank is up first with his magically mysterious tricks – can you see how he does it? And if your little one is a bit of a disco diva, comedy genius or the next Adele – Be ...
- Ponyo, GFT, Tuesday 12 July, 2016 Hayao Miyazaki’s eighth animated feature with Studio Ghibli is a touching story of love and friendship. Tuesday 12 July (18.00) Running time: 1h41m Ponyo is a goldfish princess with the magic of the sea at her disposal. Director Hayao Miyazaki Cast Yuria Nara, Hiroki Doi, Tomoko Yamaguchi, Japan 2008, 1h41m, subtitles, U Japan’s renowned animation house Studio Ghibli has ...
- Wee Write at the Bandstand, 9 July, 2016 Wee Write! is bringing even more great literary talent to Glasgow with outdoor sessions at the Kelvingrove Bandstand on Saturday 9 July. Don’t miss the chance to enjoy these inspiring reading events with your little ones in the beautiful setting of Kelvingrove Park this summer. Sunday 9 July, 2016 Kelvingrove Bandstand, Kelvin Way, Glasgow G12 Booster Cushion Theatre Company presents : Big Goldilocks Everything ...
- West End Festival 2016: Summer Market Coach House Trust Saturday 25 June, 2016 Free entry 10:30am-4:00pm Fabulous Fun Filled Family Market on Saturday 25th June. Plants and arts & crafts sales, homebaking, tea & coffee, BBQ, art gallery and musical entertainment from our resident band Children’s activities including the Animal Man’s mini zoo, a bouncy castle, face painting and sow & grow all taking place within the secret garden between 12noon-3:00pm. Live Music ...
- Film School at Project Ability – ages 12 – 18. July, 2016 Summer on Screen Aged 12-18 and interested in enhancing your live action film making skills? Try your hand at some acting and improvisation during our week long summer film School – Summer on Screen. Work with performance artist Clare Hume and two of Project Ability’s professional filmmakers to enhance your on screen skills, record your progress over ...
- Princess Mononoke, GFT, 21 June, 2016 One of Miyazaki’s finest works, Princess Mononoke is brimming with imagination, beauty and tragedy on an epic scale. Tuesday 21 June (20.10) Running time: 2h8m One of Miyazaki’s finest works, Princess Mononoke is brimming with imagination, beauty and tragedy on an epic scale. Afflicted by a deadly curse, a young warrior named Ashitaka sets out for the forests ...
- West End Festival 2016: Drawing Day for Flower Fairies, Saturday 11 June, Thistle Gallery DRAWING DAY FOR FLOWER FAIRIES Saturday, June 11th at 2pm Thistle Gallery, Scottish Contemporary Art 56 Park Road, Glasgow G4 9JF Email Telephone: 0141 334 3444 www.thistle-gallery.com Why not come along to The Thistle Gallery in Park Road, where sisters Jackie and Jilly Henderson will be involving visitors in their unique and quirky Moment Keeper Exhibition currently on ...
- Summer Fair Dunard Street Primary School, Thursday 2 June, 2016 Free Event – All Welcome 65 Dunard Street Glasgow G20 6RL
- GFT, Kiki’s Delivery Service, Tuesday 31 May, 2016 Kiki’s Delivery Service (U) Kiki is a trainee witch who moves to the big city with her chatty black cat to learn more about magic. Tue 31 May,2016 (18.20) Running time: 1h43m Kiki is a trainee witch who moves to the big city with her chatty black cat to learn more about magic. They move to a beautiful city ...
- St Aloysius Primary School – Bookbug Week 2016 Bookbug Week 16–22 May 2016 Angela Proctor visited St Aloysius Primary for a book reading with children from classes P3 – P7 as part of Bookbug Week, 2016. Angela read to them from her book Thumble Tumble and the Ollpheist. This is a children’s novel about a wee witch from the magical Isle of Arran The ...
- Big Music for Minis Picnic with Owen & Olly Saturday 21 May, 2016, Kelvingrove Bandstand Big Music for Minis Picnic with Owen & Olly – FREE Have you signed up for our free family event with Children’s Classic Concerts percussion duo Owen & Olly. We have a day of entertainment lined up at the Bandstand on Saturday 21 May. Entry is free but ticketed. Tickets are available from the link below. ...
- Southside Film Festival: Inside Out 15 May, 2016 Autism Friendly Screening May 15, 2016 at 10.00 a.m. Loks Bar, 16 Newlandsfield Road, G43 2 XU Southside Film presents: Inside Out with pillows! Come along to Loks for our extra comfy autism friendly screening of new Pixar classic Inside Out, with lots of extra pillows and comfy things for everyone to lie on at the front. Inside Out ...
- Theatre Studio present The Witches and Oliver, Webster Theatre, Various dates June, 2016 Theatre Studio embarked on their first full length production at the Websters Theatre in June 2014, a hugely successful production of CATS with 100 students. Roald Dahl’s The Witches Tuesday 21 and Wednesday 22 June, 2016 7 p.m. Lionel Bart’s Oliver Saturday 25 and Sunday 26 June 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. Now returning to Websters Theatre with ...
- Gifts for the Gods: Animal Mummies Revealed, Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum 14 May – 4 September 2016 Unravel the mystery of Ancient Egyptian animal mummies. Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, Argyle Street, Glasgow, G3 8AG From crocodiles to cats and jackals to birds, discover how the Egyptians used the animal mummies as gifts for the gods.The exhibition explores how Egyptians believed that animals could pass between the ...
- Garscube Community Playrooms 2 Manresa Place Glasgow G4 9SZ The “Place to Play” – for any parent or carer with a child under five. Open 5 days a week Mon – Fri, we offer activities to suit babies, toddlers and pre-schoolers, in a great friendly atmosphere. Our three big bright play rooms open from 10am – 3.30pm mean you can ...
- UNESCO International Jazz Festival Glasgow: Kids Saturday 30 April, 2016 UNESCO International Jazz day: GIO Kids Free – Drop-in – no ticket required 30 April 2016, 12.00PM A fun interactive workshop for young music lovers between 5-7 years old! In Glasgow Improvisers Orchestra (GIO), see professional musicians play a variety of instruments, get hands-on and try them yourself, and have a fantastic amount of fun creating music together. This ...
- TheCabinet of Dr Caligari, Scottish Opera Connect Company Woodside Halls 9 and 10 April 2016 Woodside Halls, 36 Glenfarg Street, Glasgow G20 7QE 9/10 April, 2016 Roll up, roll up! Scottish Opera’s Connect Company – young singers and players aged between 14 and 21 – invite you to join them at the carnival. But with danger looming on the horizon, we can’t guarantee a safe trip. Dr Caligari is a charismatic carnival entertainer ...
- Nature Trail with the Gruffalo, Botanic Gardens, Saturday 23 April, 2016 A Family Spring Event at the Botanics Nature Trail with the Gruffalo Meet at the Kibble Palace, Glasgow Botanic Gardens, 730 Great Western Road, G12 0UE 1PM to 5PM Families, young people, children and their grown-ups are invited to an afternoon of nature trails at the Botanic Gardens, Glasgow on Saturday 23rd April between 1pm and 5pmYounger children will ...
- Family Spring Event in the Botanic Gardens, Saturday 23 April, 2016 NATURE TRAIL WITH THE GRUFFALO…… MEET AT THE KIBBLE PALACE Sat 23 April 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Families, young people, children and their grown-ups are invited to an afternoon of nature trails at the Botanic Gardens, Glasgow on Saturday 23rd April between 1pm and 5pm Younger children will be sent on a mission to find 12 Gruffalo ...
- Celebrating Spring on Byres Road – Family Fun Day Saturday 9 April, 2016 Byres Road and the Lanes will be celebrating Spring on Saturday 9 April Free Fun Day for all ages Cresswell Lane and Ruthven Lane 12 noon to 4 p.m. Face painting, Children’s Games, Crafts, Workshops and a Special Visit from The Rainbow Bubble Fairy. Plus discounts in shops and restaurants.
- Easter Egg Run fundraiser for Royal Hospital for Sick Children The Easter Egg Run is Back! New Home, New Route! Bikers to meet at Greendyke Street – beside Glasgow Green Arrive from 10am before parade leaves at 11am On leaving Greendyke street the new route takes in the Broomielaw before crossing the Squinty Bridge and heading up Govan Road towards our new home, passing the front of the hospital ...
- First Act Film Festival Glasgow Tuesday 29 March, 2016 Young Filmmakers Glasgow: Glasgow Youth Arts Festival 16 presents First Act Film Festival CCA Tue 29 March 2016 6pm, Free but ticketed, Theatre Ages 15+ Book online / 0141 352 4900 In its first year, the First Act Film Festival opens the 2016 Glasgow Youth Arts Festival 16, delivering an inspiring programme of short films from young 15 to ...
- Week-end Sculpture Workshops for Children aged 6 – 8, April, 2016 Sculpture Club workshop (Ages 6-8) 9 Apr 2016 Part of Glasgow International Festival Glasgow Sculpture Studios, The Whisky Bond, 2 Dawson Road Glasgow, G4 9SS Glasgow Sculpture Studios’ Sculpture Club is a series of weekend workshops for children, from pre-school to primary school age, and their families to learn various sculpture-making processes, discover new materials, play, and socialise. The ...
- Outskirts Festival, Saturday 23 April, 2016 – Platform, Glasgow Saturday, April 23 at 12 PM – 10 PM Platform Glasgow1000 Westerhouse Road, Glasgow G34 9JW Buy tickets online #Outskirtsfestival returns in April 2016 with an impressive line-up of artists representing music, spoken word, film and moving image, visual arts, aerial performance and family events. This year Outskirts is collaborating with Glasgow International 2016 to ...
- Family Ceilidhs Glasgow April 2016. Get ready to hop, twirl, leap and jump at one of our community Family Ceilidhs, led by musicians from the award-winning Celtic Connections Learning Programme.Tickets available now for just £1 – Suitable for all the family! The Celtic Connections Family Ceilidhs at Glasgow Royal Concert Hall have proved a hit with dance fans of all ages. ...
- The Children’s Wood – come to play anytime. Plus: Wednesday morning playgroup 10am-12pm, Friday toddlers 11am-1pm and Saturday morning outdoor learning club 10am-12pm all weekly. The Children’s Wood and North Kelvin Meadow make up the last wild space in the west-end of Glasgow. This space is vitally important to the community, who organise regular events designed to connect children to nature, raise aspirations and ...
- Glasgow International Comedy Festival, Bring your under 2’s to The Glad Cafe, Saturday 19 March, 2016. Glasgow International Comedy Festival: Watch With Baby The Glad Cafe, Glasgow Saturday 19 March, 2016 at 2 p.m. Entry Requirements: Over 18s only Bruce Devlin introduces Andrew Learmonth, Elaine Malcolmson and John Hastings telling jokes for grown ups at a comedy gig you can take your 0-2 year olds to. It’s a gig in the afternoon for parents ...
- GRAMnet Film Series: Paddington, CCA Wednesday 9 March, 2016 GRAMNet Film Series Paddington Wed 9 March 2016 CCA 6pm, Free but ticketed, Cinema All ages Book online / 0141 352 4900 Paddington has grown up deep in the Peruvian jungle with his Aunt Lucy who, inspired by a chance encounter with an English explorer, has raised her nephew to dream of an exciting life in London. When an ...
- Disney on Ice present Silver Anniversary Celebrations, SSE Hydro 18 April – 1 May, 2016 DISNEY ON ICE PRESENTS SILVER ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION COMES TO THE UK At SSE Hydro Exhibition Way, Glasgow G3 8YW 28 April – 1 May, 2016 Buy tickets online Skating spectacular takes audiences to four far-away lands in one action-packed ice adventure Join Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse as they commemorate 25 years of Disney On Ice across Europe in ...
- Wee Write! Glasgow’s Book Festival for Children and Young People, Families Day, 5 March, 2016 Wee Write! 2016 29 February – 5 March, 2016 Top picks for budding readers, writers & illustrators Glasgow’s Book Festival for Children & Young People is gearing up for a packed Families Day on 5 March 2016. Highlights at the Mitchell Library Include: award-winners like Chae Strathie previewing his latest book Gorilla Loves Vanilla, the latest ...
- Salle Rollo Fencing Club, Kids’ Classes, High School of Glasgow Salle Rollo Fencing Club, based at the High School of Glasgow, are now offering a kids class for 7 – 10 year olds. Using plastic swords and masks in a games based class we teach children the basics skills for fencing and provide the opportunity to progress onto out fencing classes. Tuesday 7pm – 8pmWednesday 6.30pm-7.30pm High School ...
- Glasgow Film Festival at Kinning Park Complex, Celebrating Roald Dahl’s Centenary Sat 27 February, 2016 Celebrate Roald Dahl’s centenary with us at special screenings of Fantastic Mr. Fox and Matilda. Children are invited to help transform into Dahl-world through artist workshops with Sally Hackett and Mariella Verkerk, and enjoy food inspired by Dahl’s books, created by The Project Cafe. Fantastic Mr. Fox Bring the cubs on an underground adventure with ...
- The Science of Dr Who, Wee Write! The Mitchell, 5 March, 2016 5th Mar 2016 • 3:30PM – 4:30PM • Mitchell Library Take a fun-filled journey through the fantastic worlds of The Doctor.The Science of Doctor Who Space and time, Cybermen and Daleks, Utopias and killer computers: take a fun-filled journey through the fantastic worlds of The Doctor.With raps, facts and much merriment and mirth, join author and communicator ...
- Independent State of Happiness Wee Write! Big Gaelic Beasties / Biastagan Mòra na Gàidhlig! Saturday 5 March, 2016 The Mitchell Saturday 5 March, 2016. Mitchell Library, Glasgow G3 7DN Part of Wee Write! After delivering hundreds of fun Contemporary Gaelic Arts Outreach workshops in Circus Skills, Storytelling, Drama & Graffiti Art in schools and communities across Scotland… Tha Ariel Killick ann an Glaschu airson Fèis Wee Write agus a’ tilleadh gu Ionad Sgeulachdan na h-Alba ...
- Caring for the Clyde – 4th Citizen Science Meeting Clyde River Foundation Saturday, 27 February 2016 Caring For The Clyde Saturday 27 February, 2016. 11:30 to 15:30 Come and celebrate 3 years of riverfly monitoring on the River Clyde at our 4th Citizen Science Meeting on Saturday 27th February 2016. Interested in getting involved in citizen science whilst looking after your local river? ‘The Clyde River Foundation has been coordinating citizen science across the River Clyde catchment ...
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2016 – Full Programme 12-15 February 2016 A weekend-long takeover of Glasgow Film Theatre with films looking at issues and themes that affect teenage lives.Glasgow Youth Film Festival, the only film festival in Europe curated by 15-18 year olds, has announced its exciting 2016 programme. The festival, which runs from 12-15 February 2016, kicks off with a premiere opening gala ...
- Tall Tales at The Tron, for tots up to three who can walk independently 30 January, 2016 Tron Participation PresentsTall Tales: Emergency Services 30th January 2016 Tall Tales are fun-filled storytelling sessions, brought to life with props, movement, music, percussion and creative play and all carefully designed to stimulate your little one’s senses. Workshops help with physical, social, emotional and language development while encouraging imaginations to flourish. Best of all you get to join in too! ...
- Inter-generational Technology Event, Heart of Scotstoun Community Centre Saturday 30 January, 2016 All ages welcome Heart of Scotstoun Community Centre, 64 Balmoral Street, Glasgow G14 0BL Saturday 30 January, 2016 2 – 4 p.m.
- Baby Beatz Interactive Dance and Movement Classes for Parents and Babies Baby Beatz at Glasgow Club Scotstoun From 11 January, 2016 Every Monday10.00 – 10.45am & 11.15 – 12 noonEvery Wednesday 11.30am – 12.15pm Come along to a safe and welcoming environment to participate in this instructor led session, where you can socialise with others whilst you and your child have great fun! Open to parents and guardians with more ...
- Ten Pieces Live – Introducing Children to Classical Music – 3 p.m. 7 February, 2016 BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra Ten Pieces Live 3 p.m. Sunday 7 February 2016 Grand Hall,City Halls, Candleriggs, Glasgow £12 Book tickets BBC Scottish Symphony OrchestraBarney Harwood presenter Concert information Here’s the perfect introduction to classical music for all ages! Over the past two years the BBC’s Ten Pieces initiative has opened up the world of classical music to a generation of children, and ...
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens – Screenings in Glasgow Release date: 17 December, 2015. The seventh Star Wars film kicks off a brilliant new trilogy with new characters and old favourites. It’s three decades on from the events of Return of the Jedi. On the desert planet Jakku, tough loner Rey (Daisy Ridley) plies her trade as a scavenger. Meanwhile, a stormtrooper named Finn (John Boyega) ...
- Belle and Sebastian – The Adventure Continues, 27 – 30 December, 2015 Family Christmas at GFTBelle & Sebastian – The Adventure Continues (PG This sequel sees the friends confront a secret. Sunday 27 – Wednesday 30 December, 2015Running time: 1h37m Young Sebastian and his faithful dog Belle are back for more Alpine adventures. It is 1945, the war is ended, and 10-year old Sebastian is awaiting the return of his ...
- The Muppet Christmas Carol 19 – 29 December, 2015 GFT Family Christmas at GFT The Muppet Christmas Carol 19 – 29 December, 2015 GFT Join the Muppet characters as they tell their hilarious version of an old, bitter miser’s redemption on Christmas Eve. A merry, magical version of Charles Dickens’ classic tale. Buy tickets 12 Rose Street, G3 6RB
- Rabbie Hood, Hamilton Accies, 20 December, 2015 Rabbie Hood 20 December, 2015 – 7 p.m. Hamilton Accies Vivace Theatre school senior actors presents Rabbie Hood! The charming Rabbie Hood returns back to Glesga his hometown only to find the evil Sheriff Rankbadyin has taken over! Rabbies gonna need all the help he can get! Come along and join us for a good old fashioned ...
- Picture House Pop Up Christmas Cinema, The Briggait 19 and 20 Dec, 2015 19 and 20 December, 2015 Winter Wonderland Picture House Pop Up The Briggait – Glasgow, Glasgow City G1 5HZ GB Picture House Pop Up welcomes all ages to immerse themselves in an enchanting, nostalgic and exclusive pop up cinema experience this Christmas. We bring you two days of your favourite Christmas flicks in the heart of Glasgow, where ...
- Relaxed Performance of Snow White 8 January, 2016 Kings Theatre For the 2nd Year the King’s Theatre hosts aRelaxed Performanceof Snow White Friday 8 January 2016 at 11am Photo Credit – Ian WatsonBack Row – Conor Park (Linwood, aged 10), Jenny Paterson (NAS Director); Front Row – Des Clarke (Muddles), Joseph Bates (Erskine, aged 8), Jenny Hayley-Douglas (Snow White); Katie Muir (Paisley, aged 7) The National Autistic ...
- Choose Life and The Bishop’s Wife Govanhill Baths 11 and 12 December, 2015 Choose Life and The Bishop’s Wife Govanhill Baths 11 and 12 December, 2015 Govanhill Theatre and Govanhill Young Theatre Makers A joint show featuring a short performance as a culmination of GYTMs series of workshops with young local people. Film – The Bishop’s Wife The 15 minute performance is followed at 7.30pm by Radio Theatre Company’s production of “The Bishops Wife” ...
- Mrs Claus, Pollok House, Christmas 2015 Mrs Claus is Keeping Christmas at Pollok House 2060 Pollokshaws Road, Glasgow South Side G43 1AT Enjoy a truly magical family Christmas when you bring the children to meet the award-winning Mrs Claus at Pollok House. The House will be decorated top to toe for Christmas! You’ll find a mouth-watering daily festive lunch in The Kitchen Restaurant, plenty ...
- Teenage Book Club Tuesday 15th December, 2015 Waterstones, Byres Road Teenage Book Club Tuesday 15th December , 2015 16.00 – 17.00 Waterstones, Byres Road Discussion of “Mosquitoland” by David Arnold at Waterstones’ Teenage Book Club Byres Road ‘We hope to see you there!’ 351-355 Byres Road, Glasgow, G12 8AU www.waterstones.com/bookshops/glasgow-byres-road
- The RSNO Christmas Concert: The Snowman, Royal Concert Hall, 19 Dec 2015 The RSNO Christmas Concert: The Snowman Glasgow Royal Concert Hall 19 December, 2015 (2 p.m. and 6 p.m.) Christmas has officially arrived! Let the Snowman take you on a magically festive journey with this special showing of the Christmas classic. Shown on the large screen, and accompanied by the RSNO, this Christmas party is perfect for the entire family. ...
- Children’s Craft Workshops at The Lighthouse 12 and 19 December, 2015 The Lighthouse Loves Christmas: Children’s Craft Workshops Workshop (Level 2) 12th & 19th December Tinsel Town Saturday 12th December 10.00 – 12.00 (5-8 years) 13.00 – 15.00 (9-12 years) Create an array of unique Christmas decorations using different materials, textures and crafting techniques. Twinkle, Twinkle… Saturday 19th December 10.00 – 12.00 (5-8 years) 13.00 – 15.00 (9-12 years) Inspired by Kate Colin’s exhibition this ...
- West End Festival’s Electric Gardens 13 November – 6 December, 2015 This winter’s light and sound experience from the West End Festival in Glasgow’s Botanic Gardens ‘The Electric Gardens II: Lux Botanicum’. Friday, 13 November to Sunday, 6 December, 2015 Last Week-End Folks – ends 6th December We went along – we loved it: Building on last winter’s successful event, the experience will encourage adults, children and groups, ...
- Snoopy Kennels On Tour and Small Business Saturday, Byres Road Saturday 5 December, 2015 Saturday 5 December, 2015 It’s going to be a busy day on Byres Road, great for family fun with the Snoopy Kennels on Tour plus Small Business Saturday. Celebration of the release of Snoopy and Charlie Brown: The Peanuts Movie See the Snoopy Kennels A group of celebrities have brought to life cartoon character Snoopy’s famous kennel for charity ...
- Little Red, 2 December – Thursday 24 December, 2015 Wednesday 2 December – Thursday 24 December Location: Tramway 1 £8.50 (concessions) to £12.50 / Family tickets available. Preview tickets £6.50 ***** The Stage on The Pine Tree, Poggle and Me “Perfectly formed dance theatre takes its early years audience to the top of the tree and shows them the view.” ***** Dublin Examiner on Tiger ...
- Santa and His Funny Friends Tuesday 22nd December, 2015 “Santa and His Funny Friends” (suitable for 3 to 7 year olds) Tuesday 22nd December, 2015 at 2p.m. Santa and his Funny Friends brings live theatre to the Singl End. Come along and enjoy this festive family entertainment with lots of audience participation. Join Santa Tweeney and Twinky as they prepare for Xmas. But what has upset ...
- Yorkhill Christmas Concert, Barony Hall, Glasgow Sunday 13th December 2015 Yorkhill Christmas Concert Sunday 13th December 2015 A captivating evening to celebrate Christmas at Yorkhill Christmas Concert. Now in its fifth year, the concert will be hosted by Scottish actress and River City star Libby McArthur and will take place in the beautiful candlelit setting of the Barony Hall at Strathclyde University. This year, all of ...
- Children’s Wood Christmas Fair Sunday 6 December, 2015 Hosted by The Children’s Wood Sunday 6 December, 2015 12:00pm Kelbourne Street Scout Hall, G20 8PR Event on Facebook The Children’s Wood are hosting a Winter event on North Kelvin Meadow and The Children’s Wood, and in Kelbourne Street scout hall. We plan to light up three of the five old disused floodlights on the land with fairy lights to ...
- Flora’s Fairy Challenge, The Citizens Theatre, 10 – 31 December, 2015 The Citizens Theatre 119 Gorbals St, Glasgow G5 9DS 10 Dec 2015 to 31 Dec 2015 A Christmas tale for 3 – 6 year olds with original songs to sing along with! Always ready for an adventure, Flora has packed her bag and set off for the North Pole to visit Santa. But poor Santa has a problem ...
- Cinderella 1 – 19 December, 2015 Various Locations Around Glasgow Cinderella 1 – 19 December, 2015 Various Locations Around Glasgow Laughter, music and magic for all the family Cinderella – otherwise known as Ella – is tough, bold and romantic. With her best friend Buttons, she is desperate to escape her wicked Step Mother Madame De’mon and her outrageous Ugly Sisters, Fifi and Foufou.Come and see if a ...
- Winter Family Market, The Coach House Trust, Saturday 5 December, 2015 The Coach House Trust Christmas Market 84 Belmont Lane, Kelvinbridge, G12 8EN Saturday 5th December 2015 10am – 4pm There will be Arts & Crafts and plants for sale and hot food & drinks. Rock salt and compost will also be on sale. Order your Christmas Tree and visit Santa’s Grotto You can also put in your order for your Christmas ...
- Glasgow On Ice 27 November – 31 December, 2015 George Square, City Centre Glasgow On Ice 27 November – 31 December, 2015 George Square, City Centre Scotland’s largest outdoor ice rink is back! Skate under the stars in Glasgow city centre – 12noon – 10pm weekdays and 10am – 10pm at weekends. You can also sit back in comfort and enjoy festive food and drink and watch the skaters. Wrap up warm and enjoy ...
- Snow Pals 28th November – 31st December 2015 The Tron Theatre Snow Pals Devised & Directed by Lisa Keenan 28th November – 31st December 2015 The Tron Theatre, 63 Trongate, G1 5HB Imagine living in winter wonderland. Shimmering white snowflakes as far as the eye can see. A big soft blanket of snow ready and waiting for friends to have snowball fights, go sleigh-rides and build snowmen. How cool would that ...
- Bricks 4 Kidz, After school classes St Silas Woodlands After school classes @ St.Silas Church (Ages 5+) – Unit: Gadgets & Gizmos St. Silas Church69 Park Road Woodlands, Glasgow G4 9JE Classes held weekly on Tuesdays during term time from 4pm-5pm Classes run in six week blocks – if there are still places available after a block has started then it is fine to join and price for ...
- Streatery Spook Fest 31 October, 2015 The Briggait Free event at The Briggait Saturday 31 October, 2015 12.00 – 20.00 p.m. The Briggait, 141 Bridgegate, Glasgow, G1 5HZ Hallowe’en-themed street food festival for all the family. Activities for the kids, plus live art and music.
- Levengrove Park Dumbarton Firework Display 4 November, 2015 An exhilarating and spectacular fireworks display, certain to brighten the darkest of November nights. Featuring funfair, food and drink. Fireworks display at 7.30pm. Visitors are warned that many of the surrounding streets are no-parking areas. Levengrove Park, Woodyard Road, Dumbarton, G82
- Dalmuir Park Fireworks Display 5 November, 2015 Family Fun and Fireworks at Dalmuir Park A spectacular fireworks display to darken the darkest November night. Featuring a funfair, food and drink. Fireworks start at 7.30pm. Dalmuir, Clydebank, Dunbartonshire, G81 Firework Displays
- Cry at Midnight – Mavis Gulliver at the hub! The Language Hub Saturday, 24 October, 2015 Cry at Midnight – Mavis Gulliver at the hub! The Language Hub community interest company Saturday, 24 October, 2015 4:00pm – 5:00pm Islay based author Mavis Gulliver will be introducing her book ‘Cry at Midnight’, the first story of her ‘The Hagstone Chronicles’. Meet Mavis and the story which is set on the isle of Tiree. Free family event, ...
- Magic and Monsters, Children’s Concert, Glasgow Royal Concert Hall, 31 October 2015 Magic and Monsters Glasgow Royal Concert Hall 31 October, 2015 at 3 p.m. With witches, wizards and kelpies on the loose, Owen and Olly will have to conjure up a wicked concert to stay out of trouble this Halloween! But never fear, they’ve got a trick or two up their sleeves with epic performances and spell-binding singing from ...
- Meet the authors: Badger the Mystical Mutt and the Bigfoot Brigade. Waterstones Byres Road 26 Sept, 2015 Come and meet authors Lyn McNicol and Laura Jackson as they share with you the latest book in the Badger series; Badger the Mystical Mutt and the Bigfoot Brigade. Fun will be had! Saturday 26th September – 2 p.m. – 3 p.m. Waterstones, Top of Byres Road G12 (next to Waitrose)
- Waterstones Byres Road Teen Book Club Tuesday 22 September, 2015 Come along to the second ever meeting of the Teen Book Club. Tuesday 22nd September 16:00 – 17:00 This week you can win some awesome Patrick Ness goodies including an exclusive signed print. As ever, fun will be had Waterstones Bookshop Top of Byres Road, G12 (Next to Waitrose)
- Disney On Ice presents Disney on Ice: Worlds of Enchantment, Braehead Arena, 25 Sept – 4 Oct, 2015 Glasgow – Braehead Arena King’s Inch Rd, Glasgow G51 4BN 25th September – 4th October 2015 Takes Families on a Captivating Adventure to Four Magical Locations Disney On Ice presents Worlds of Enchantment, Feld Entertainment’s action-packed ice spectacular featuring four fun-filled Disney stories. New Production Features Dynamic Sisters Anna and Elsa from the #1 Animated Movie of All Time Disney’s ...
- ParkLives: Traditional Games in decline – Activities for Kids in Glasgow Parks Over half of parents in Glasgow struggle to find activities the whole family enjoys doing together Hide and seek voted the city’s favourite childhood game but other traditional games like rounders, skipping and hopscotch have experienced sharp declines in popularity ParkLives is encouraging families to get down to their local park this summer and revive Mum ...
- Soul Jazz Sunday, Sunday 30 August, West of Scotland Cricket Club
- Pongo’s Party Webster’s Theatre 23 Aug 2015 Pongo’s Party Webster’s Theatre 23 Aug 2015 1:00 pm and 3.30 p.m. Tickets £11 (inc. booking fee). Presented at Websters Theatre, 416 Great Western Road (just by Kelvinbridge Underground) ‘You are invited to…MARTY MACDONALD’S FARMforPONGO’S PARTY!’ Featuring the voice of CBeebies’ Justin Fletcher as Pongo the Pig! With CBeebies’ Justin Fletcher and Nicole Davis as the voices of Pongo the Pig and Molly-Moo the ...
- The Harvest Festival, The Children’s Wood, Sunday 23 August, 2015 Lots of wonderful activities for all the family. Sunday 23rd August, North Kelvin Meadow. Eco Drama at 1 p.m. FREE Event and part of The Harvest Festival. North Kelvin Meadow, between Clouston Street and Kelbourne Street, North Kelvinside, G20 thechildrenswood.com
- Fun Day Clydebank, West Thomson Street, Sat 15 August, 2015
- Free Fun Activity Sessions for Glaswegians from Glasgow ParkLives Glasgow ParkLives has launched hundreds of new free activity sessions, from giant twister to fitness bingo, in local parks including Bellahouston, Kelvingrove and Queens Park. With 17 different activity types to try entirely free of charge, and activities taking place every day, There’s plenty for the whole family to get involved with. Alongside the more traditional ...
- Party: Soul Jazz Sunday 30 August, 2015
- Piping Live Glasgow 10 – 16 August, 2015 Piping Live Glasgow 10 – 16 August, 2015 Celebrate the international diversity of the bagpipes Artists from all corners of the globe will showcase their traditions and musical heritage in the Glenfiddich Tent at George Square as part of our Music of the Nations series. A range of events to entertain all the family. Artists at Piping Live On Thursday 13 ...
- Evergreen Outdoor Nursery Glasgow North West Maryhill Mobile Children’s Services (a voluntary organisation based in North West Glasgow providing childcare within the community for 26 years) is about to launch Evergreen Outdoor Nursery – Glasgow’s first voluntary sector outdoor nursery. This service within North Glasgow will appeal to families who are looking for more choice when it comes to affordable childcare, which ...
- Back to School Party Saturday 1st August Back to School Party Saturday 1st August at Glasgow – Sauchiehall Street 153-157 Sauchiehall St, Glasgow G2 3EW Banish those back to school blues with some fun and activities at Waterstones Glasgow Sauchiehall Street. There’ll be parachute games, tie making, book cover designing and sport games as well as other fun stuff.
- Fox Star, Community Arts Festival, Kelvingrove Bandstand 24 – 26 Jul 2015 Kelvingrove Bandstand and Ampitheatre, Kelvingrove Park, Glasgow, G3 7LH Friday 24, Saturday 25 an Sunday 26 July, 2015 A weekend of music, spoken word, visual art and kids activities galore. For all generations – bring the kids and grandparents. Entry free. Fox Star Festival is a non-profit, family friendly event organised by in partnership with Friends of the River Kelvin, ...
- Bumps, Babies & Bargains, Parklands Country Club, Sun, August 16, 2015 Bumps, Babies & Bargains Indoor Market – Parklands Country Club Sunday, August 16, 2015 10:30am – 12:30pm Bumps, Babies & Bargains hosts indoor markets with stands selling new and good quality used baby and child related goods, including: clothes, prams, toys and accessories….the list goes on. Having babies ...
- NHC Music Toy And Comic Fair!! New Hellfire Club Glasgow Sunday 19 July, 2015 NHC Music Toy And Comic Fair!! New Hellfire Club Glasgow Sunday 19 July, 2015 10:00am NHC MUSIC Unit 4, The Hidden Lane 1103 Argyle Street, G3 8ND
- Pester & Rossi I Spy With My Third Eye CCA Sat 15 August 2015 Pester & Rossi I Spy With My Third Eye CCA Sat 15 August 2015 1pm, Free but ticketed, Theatre Children and families welcome – all children must be accompanied by an adult. Book online / 0141 352 4900 Please note: free tickets should be booked for every adult and child attending the event. All children must be accompanied by an adult. Stamping in ...
- BHP Comics Comic Book Summer School CCA Mon 3 August — Fri 7 August 2015 BHP Comics Comic Book Summer School CCA Mon 3 August — Fri 7 August 2015 10am – 4pm daily, Week Pass: £100 + 60p booking fee , Clubroom Ages 8 – 16 Book online / 0141 352 4900 Comic Book Summer School for young people in Glasgow! Over the course of a week students will be given the skills they need to ...
- Glasgow Sport Summer Activity Programme 29th June – 7th August 2015 Fantastic range of brilliant activities including badminton, football, basketball, gymnastics and disability sports Glasgow Sport Summer Activity Programme29th June – 7th August 2015 Many venues throughout the city including Emirates Arena, Toryglen Regional Football Centre, Springburn Park, Scotstoun, Ruchill and Palace of Arts. The programme is packed with all the info you need to make sure the summer ...
- Summer Academy at The Citz, Drama Classed for 6 – 18 year olds Summer Academy at The Citz Citizens Learning Fun and exciting summer drama courses for 6-18 year olds. Meet friends and learn new skills! There will be 2 courses (each 2 weeks long) for all age groups over the summer: Course 1 Mon 13 Jul – Sat 25 Jul(not Sat 18 / Sun 19 Jul)9am – 3pm dailyAge groups: 6-8, 9-12, ...
- FORK Summer Gala Saturday 20th June, 2015 Friends of The River Kelvin Gala Poster designed by local illustrator and Alice Dansey-Wright http://cargocollective.com/alicedanseywright As part of the West End Festival, FORK organises a Gala on the river every year. An opportunity to show off, network with local people and organisations, celebrate the wonderful River Kelvin…. and have a great time! The area around Ha’Penny Bridge House is ...
- Children’s Events West End Festival 2015 The 20th West End Festival has a wonderful programme including a fabulous range of events for children and families. Some of them are highlighted below and more can be found in the West End Festival Programme Children and Families Nick Sharratt Family Event 20 June, 2015 12.00 a.m. Hillhead Library A fun packed session with ...
- Summer Festival 2015 – West Dunbartonshire Six Weeks of Creative Workshops – West Dunbartonshire Information on Facebook Events for kids and young people
- Vintage Bus Service, West End Festival, 28 June, 2015 PLEASE NOTE THAT THE EVENT HAS BEEN MOVED FROM SUNDAY 21 JUNE TO SUNDAY 28 JUNE. Glasgow Vintage Vehicle Trust: Vintage Bus Service Riverside Transport Museum, West End, Hyndland, Victoria Park, Anniesland and Botanic Gardens.Riverside, Glasgow, G3 Sunday 28 JunE, 2015 11:30am www.gvvt.org Free vintage bus service. Travel on our restored historic buses and coaches of the 1950s to 1980s ...
- RSPB – Glasgow Wildlife Garden Festival, 1 – 31 July, 2015 Glasgow Wildlife Garden Festival returns, with worm charming, photography workshops, a city-wide bioblitz, and much more!The Glasgow Wildlife Garden Festival has launched its programme for 2015, offering over 70 exciting events at sites around the city from July 1-31. Download programme (PDF) Now in its second year, the festival is a collaborative effort between RSPB Scotland, Glasgow ...
- Read It In A Different Language The Language Hub Children’s Bookshop Sunday 14 June 2015 Read It In A Different Language The Language Hub Children’s Bookshop Sunday 14 June 20151.30-3.30 Another chance to find out what your favourite children’s books sound like in another language. Suitable for children aged 3-7 and their grown ups. Promises to be fun and interactive: 1.30 – We’re Going on a Bear Hunt in Italian2.00 – The ...
- Na Neonachain: Alien’s Love Underpants (3-5 yrs) An Lèanag, Saturday 20 June, 2015 Na Neonachain: Alien’s Love Underpants (3-5 yrs) An Lèanag, 32 Mansefield Street, Partick, Glasgow, G11 5QP Saturday 20 June, 2015 part of West End Festival In this Scottish Gaelic fun session, for ages 3 to 5 years, we focus on the story of Na Neonachain. We learn about space and the aliens’ love for underpants and then children have the ...
- Wilton Street Garden Fete, Saturday 13 June, 2015 Wilton Gardens Saturday 13 Jun 1:30pm part of www.westendfestival.co.uk Free Event. After last year’s success, the Wilton Street Garden fête is back! The Wilton Island Association is organising its second WEF event with special performances from the Sirens of Titan choir. An afternoon of fun for all with local artists, masseuse, kids’ entertainment, barbecue, cakes and more. The theme this ...
- Glasgow Science Festival 4 – 14 June, 2015 Fun-filled science activities for all the family at various locations including Glasgow Science Centre. Events include: Science Festival at Kelvingrove 6 and 7 June, 2015 Meet leading researchers from across the country and see the world in a new light: compare yourself to elite-level athletes; explore seafood’s journey from ‘Creel to Meal’; discover a glowing nanoworld; trick your ...
- The Children’s Wood, Great Food Festival and Gala, 7 June, 2015 This family friendly event is perfect for chilling out closer to nature. There will be music, workshops on growing your own vegetables, composting and permaculture, blind fruit and vegetable tasting by Asda, activities by Knit Wild, Great Runner Bean Race, the Annual Dog Show, prizes for the best dressed vegetable and more… Children’s Wood, Clouston ...
- Penny Black presents: Children’s Letter Writing Event – West End Festival 14 June, 2015 Penny Black welcome children aged 5 to 8 and their families to a workshop on the lost art of letter writing. Children will post notes and drawings of support and friendship to a seriously ill child or their siblings – a scheme championed by “Post Pals”. Participants are provided with writing/drawing materials, postage, ...
- The Big Glasgow Comic Craft Fair, 6 June, 2015, The Arches The Big Glasgow Comics Page present: The Big Glasgow Comic & Craft Fair Sat 6 Jun 2015 | 10am-4pm | Free The Arches, 253 Argyle St G2 8DL The Big Glasgow Comic Page presents The Big Glasgow Comic & Craft Fair at The Arches. We bring to you a whole fantastic day of assorted geekery complete with 17 vendors selling ...
- St Mirren player Tony Fitzpatrick talks about his children’s book, The Language Hub 16 May 2015 The Language Hub Ltd, come and meet former St. Mirren player Tony Fitzpatrick and his children’s book ‘The Promise – Together again’ Saturday 16 May, 2015 3 p.m. Free event, ages 5+ but all welcome 52 Keith Court, G11 6QW!
- Knit Wild Crafternoon and Yarnbombing, The Children’s Wood, 24 May, 2015 Knit Wild Crafternoon and Yarnbombing for Voluntary Arts Week Kelbourne St Scout Hall Sunday 24th May, 1-5pm Join us in making a wild and woolly yarnbomb of The Children’s Wood as part of Voluntary Arts Week. Free craft activities for all ages. Complete beginners welcome. Expert knitters come and share your skills! Knit Wild Crafternoon and Yarnbombing will bring ...
- Ryze, Trampoline Park, Glasgow – opens Friday 2015 New trampoline park opens in Glasgow’s South Side. 124 Portman Street, Kinning Park, Glasgow, G41 1EJ Opening times and tickets www.ryzeglasgow.com/ Fill in disclaimer online firstname.lastname@example.org 0141 6285532
- Easter Workshops for Children at Bricks 4 Kidz Half Day AM & PM & Full Day Options Available Easter Family Fun Monday 6th April – Trades Hall, 85 Glassford Street, Glasgow G1 1BQ Looking for something fun to do with your family this Easter? After you’ve eaten all your eggs, why not come along to Bricks 4 Kidz Easter Family Fun Workshop. We will have lots ...
- Give Art Glasgow – Children and the Arts Andy Peutherer of Scottish Landscape Painting has teamed up with with Greater Maryhill Foodbank & Art Retail Network to launch a city wide campaign to provide art supplies and creative materials to children and young people who rely on food banks. The founder of Give Art, Andy Peutherer describes his motivations for the project: “Most kids that ...
- Magical Ice Festival, Glasgow Hydro, 26 – 29 March, 2015 Disney On Ice presents Magical Ice Festival Hits the UK The Show that features an Enchanting Mix of Disney Royalty First Disney On Ice show featuring much-loved sisters Anna and Elsa from the number one animated film of all time Disney’s Frozen Show also features everyone’s favourite characters from Disney’s The Little Mermaid, Tangled and Beauty and ...
- Aye Write 2015: Wee Write! Family Day, Saturday 7 March, 2015 Family Fun Day on 7 March is part of Wee Write!, book festival for children and young people. It includes ticketed events such as It’s Katie Morag with Mairi Hedderwick, the Diary of a Wimpy Kid Show and a Mad Hatter’s Tea Party alongside a host of free sessions and drop-in activities for kids and ...
- GFF 2015, Scottish Premiere Shaun The Sheep Movie, Wed 4 February Scottish Premiere Shaun The Sheep Movie Wednesday 4 February, 2015 – 6 p.m. Glasgow Film Festival runs from 18 February – 1 March 2015. Start Glasgow Film Festival early with the Scottish premiere ofShaun The Sheep Movie! ★★★★ ‘Generous, inclusive and genuinely inspiring’ – The Guardian★★★★ ‘Purely charming… tickles the same neglected folds of your brain as Chaplin, Keaton, and ...
- The Enchanted Wintergarden, Cottiers Theatre, 31 January, 2015 Cottiers, 93-95 Hyndland Street G11 5PU www.cottiers.com/events/enchanted-wintergarden/ 0141 357 5825Book tickets online Enter the Enchanted Wintergarden. ‘The King and Queen of the Wintergarden are fed up with silence, the only sound they hear is each others’ voices, and they’ve been married for over a thousand years. One day, on hearing a beautiful sound, they capture a young musician. ...
- Bricks 4 Kidz– Children’s Workshops February Half-term 2015 The Renfield Centre, 260 Bath Street, Glasgow G2 4JP Ages 5+ To Book: Telephone: 07971515141 email Monday 9th February 2015 – Teenage Brick Turtles Grab your katanas and nunchucks as we prepare to fight crime with the Teenage Brick Turtles! Practice engineering as you build two of the courageous turtles and their wise Japanese rat sensei, Master Splinter. Strengthen ...
- Burns Celebrations Events for all the Family, Kelvingrove Art Gallery, 17/18 January, 2015 Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, Argyle Street, Argyle Street, Glasgow West End Celebrate the Bard at Kelvingrove With an afternoon of songs, rhymes and craft activities for all the family. Discover the wonderful characters created in the poems of Robert Burns. 1 – 4 p.m. Sat and Sun 17/18 January.
- St Silas Burns Night Family Ceilidh 24 January, 2015 Wear the tartan and bring the kids. All money raised goes to RSPB. £7 adults, £3 in advance from Ticketsource.co.uk Children under five go free. Disco and Broomhill Ceilidh Band Bring your own snacks and drinks. 24 January, 6.30 – 9.30 p.m. St Silas Chruch, Woodlands Road, adjacent to entrance to Kelvingrove Park.
- Big Garden Birdwatch RSPB – 2015 Count the wildlife that’s counting on you Join thousands of others and pick an hour over the weekend to discover the wildlife in your garden. Register now to receive your FREE PACK and exclusive £5 RSPB Shop discount*. Register now
- A Very Merry Barrowlands Christmas People’s Palace Christmas 2014 A Very Merry Barrowlands Christmas People’s Palace 23 December & 30 December 1 – 4 p.m. Christmas songs and dance for all the family. People’s Palace & Winter Gardens, Glasgow Green G40 1AT www.scotlanddebt.co.uk – Events for Children and Families Throughout Scotland
- Mrs Claus Christmas Party Pollok Country Park until 24 December 2014 www.scotlanddebt.co.uk – Events for Children and Families Throughout Scotland Mrs Claus Christmas Party Pollok Country Park Cost: £10 per Child Until 24 Dec 10:00 While Santa is busy, Mrs Claus will be hosting her Christmas party with games, storytelling and a personal escort to her very special grotto. Join Mrs Claus for extra special festive fun at her Christmas party. ...
- Christmas Workshops Glasgow on Ice 2014 Christmas Workshops Glasgow on Ice George Square 13 & 20 December 12noon – 4pm – Niks’ Creative Christmas Perfect for children aged 3 and up, Niks’ Creative Christmas will transform the Workshop into an imagination station! Activities will include candy cane mice or reindeer, Santa mask, Santa sweetie bag holders or Santa tree decorations. Santa Storytime 14, 21 December ...
- Glasgow Film (GFT) – St Enoch’s Christmas Showings 2015 Glasgow Film (GFT) – St Enoch’s Christmas Showings 2015 Bringing festive sparkle to Glasgow shopping: St. Enoch’s Xmas Screenings The Christmas season is here once again, and Glasgow Film Festival is excited to partner with St. Enoch to bring you a selection of holiday classics for all the family! Bringing some festive cheer to the heart of ...
- The Children’s Wood Christmas Fair 2014 Saturday 22 November 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. Hillhead Library The Children’s Wood Christmas Fair 2014 Saturday 22 November 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. Hillhead Library, Byres Road, G12 Book Readings, Crafts, Glasgow (Etsy), Food and much more. Enter the drawing competition: Hand in between 10 a.m. – 12.00 p.m.
- Glasgow Style Mile Christmas Carnival 2015 Christmas Carnival Sunday 23rd November, 2014 Free event – 12.00 – 4 p.m. Parade sets off from St Enoch around 2.30 p.m. With dancers, drummers, dancers, dancers, samba bands, angel, fairies and street artists. Santa will be there too, along with his Clydesdale horse and his sleight. Lots of frolics and festive fun with over 400 performers wending ...
- Hallowe’en Extravaganza The Village Storytelling Centre, Glasgpw 31 October 2014 Hallowe’en Extravaganza The Village Storytelling Centre 31 October 2014, 6.30 p.m. Ghost stories and games galore this Halloween. Come along to our centre on the scariest night of the year, for the Halloween Extravaganza Party! It’ll be a rootin’, tootin’ drop-in shindig for all ages, with:Deliciously dark and spooky talesLIve traditional musicA beautifully-equipped “dress up station” for all your ...
- Children’s Bookshop in Partick Children’s Bookshop in Partick Open October 2014 Selling English and Foreign Language Books ‘Running our classes all under one roof; you can even have a seat and a coffee while browsing or waiting. You can find us at 52 Keith Court, G11 6QW email@example.com www.thelanguagehub.co.uk 0141 258 2700
- Hallowe’en Event The Children’s Wood 31 October, 2014 Hallowe’en Event The Children’s Wood 31 October, 2014 Starts at 4 p.m with Lantern Parade Please bring a carved pumpkin (with tea light) along on Friday before 4pm and help decorate the meadow for the Halloween event Puppet Show and Room on the Broom with Tam Dean Burn at 6 p.m. for older chidlren Details on facebook North Kelvin Meadow G20
- Hallowe’en Fright Night 31 October 2014, 6:00 p.m. Glasgow Science Centre Hallowe’en Fright Night 31 October 2014, 6:00 p.m. Glasgow Science Centre A family friendly Hallowe’en treat, with everything from a monster science show to a zombie apocalypse on offer. Scotland’s biggest and best family Halloween Party is back at Glasgow Science Centre on Friday 31st of October. Tricks, treats, friendly fun and scary science guaranteed! Tickets are £6 per ...
- Bonfire Night, Woodlands Community Gardens, 5 November, 2014 COMING SOON : Bonfire Night with a Difference Woodlands Community Garden Following the success of our recent Wild! Nature Festival we are putting the finishing touches to our next event. Full details will follow in our monthly news bulletin next week, but here is a sneak preview so you can save the date: Wednesday 5th November5.30 – 8.00pm Bike Powered Shadow Puppet ShowLuminous Hula ...
- Stars Over the Botanics Glasgow Botanic Gardens Tuesday 7 October, 2014 Stars Over the Botanics Glasgow Botanic Gardens Tuesday 7 October, 2014 A star-gazing session with the Astronomical Society of Glasgow and the University of Glasgow. Spaces limited to the first 40 people. Starts 7.15 p.m. http://theasg.org.uk £4, Children £2 Glasgow Botanic Gardens 730 Great Western Road, Glasgow, G12 0UE
- A Celebration of Nature in the City – Woodlands Community Development Trust A two day nature festival Saturday 27th September – Sunday 28th September Go WILD! this weekend A Celebration of Nature in the City – Woodlands Community Development Trust A two day nature festival Saturday 27th September – Sunday 28th September Saturday 27th September 12.30 – 9.00pm Wildlife Talks and Workshops At Fred Paton Centre (19 Carrington St, Glasgow G4 9AJ) Woodlands Community Garden (91-111 West Princes Street, G4 9BY) 12.30pm – 3pm Dragons in Your Garden Join Froglife at ...
- Acting Up! Drama Sessions for Children & Young People CCA Sat 30 August — Sat 25 October 2014 Acting Up! Drama Sessions for Children & Young People CCA Sat 30 August — Sat 25 October 2014 Every Sat, Times vary, £6 trial/£55-65 for eight week blockAges: 4-18Email firstname.lastname@example.org to book With the exception of the school holidays, CCA offers competitively priced drama classes every Saturday for children and young people, held by accomplished writer and actor Clare ...
- Frozen Sing-A-Long GFT 12 Rose Street, G3 6RB Sunday 7 September Frozen Sing-A-LongPG GFT 12 Rose Street, G3 6RB Sunday 7 September – 3.20 p.m. Book online Fearless adventurer Anna enlists the help of thrill-seeking Kristoff, loyal reindeer Sven, and hapless snowman Olaf to find her sister Elsa, who has unintentionally trapped the kingdom in eternal winter using her icy powers. Sing along with Anna and friends as they go ...
- Young Talent! Project Ability, 4 September, 2014 and Saturday 6 September, Trongate 103 Young Talent! Project Ability 4 September, 2014 and Saturday 6 September Trongate 103, Glasgow G1 5HD Young Talent is Project Ability’s annual showcase of the artwork created by children and young people from the Create Programme, now in its 14th year. To celebrate the artwork of the Create artists, we are presenting a diverse ...
- ‘St Andrew & The Story of Scotland’s Flag’ Webster’s Theatre, 14 September ‘St Andrew & The Story of Scotland’s Flag’ Webster’s Theatre, Kelvinbridge Sunday 14 September, 2014 – at 2 p.m. Hopscotch Theatre Company uses pythonesque style humour to entertain and educate young audiences across Scotland! ‘St Andrew & The Story of Scotland’s Flag’ will be performing in The Websters Theatre, Kelvinbridge, 416 Great Western Road, Glasgow G4 9HZ on Sunday ...
- Pollok Family Day & Highland Cattle Show Pollok Country Park Sunday 24 August 2014 Pollok Family Day & Highland Cattle Show Pollok Country Park Sunday 24 August 2014 10.30 am until 4.30 pm Free This year the Pollok Family Day has been combined with the International Highland Cattle Show to bring you a bigger and better event. Featuring a host of entertainment acts, displays and activities to satisfy even the most demanding family members, and ...
- Baby Loves Disco Roadshow Sunday 26 October 2014, Glasgow Royal Concert Hall Baby Loves Disco Roadshow Sunday 26 October 2014, 2.00pm and 3 p.m. Glasgow Royal Concert Hall, Main Auditorium Gather up your tiny dancers and join Baby Loves Disco for a taster of their famous ‘dayclubbing’ experience for parents/carers and babies, toddlers and pre-schoolers. Come dressed in your best party gear as real club DJs spin retro and pop ...
- Royal Scottish National Orchestra: Instrument Petting Zoo Saturday 25 October 2014 and Sunday 26th October Glasgow Royal Concert Hall Royal Scottish National Orchestra: Instrument Petting Zoo Saturday 25 October 2014 and Sunday 26th October 10.00amGlasgow Royal Concert Hall Tickets: Free – no need to book, simply drop in to one of our sessions Have you ever wanted to try a double bass? Or a trombone? Or maybe even a flute? Well now’s your chance! Members of the ...
- Baby Chill Out Zone Glasgow Royal Concert Hall Tickets: Free 25 and 26 October, 2014 Baby Chill Out Zone Glasgow Royal Concert Hall Tickets: Free – no need to book, simply drop in to one of our sessions 25 and 26 October, 2014 Take a breather from the excitement of the day in our Baby Chill Out Zone. A quiet place to feed your baby, or simply relax with your little one. Please note ...
- Bookbug Song and Story Tent Sunday 26 October 2014, Glasgow Royal Concert Hall, Bookbug Song and Story Tent Sunday 26 October 2014, 12.15pmGlasgow Royal Concert Hall, Main Auditorium Tickets: Free – no need to book, simply drop in to one of our sessions Carol and Judy from Bookbug lead these fabulous fun and friendly sessions inside our very special Bookbug Song and Story Tent! Sing songs, play circle games and listen ...
- Sweet Dreams Pop-Up Choir Sunday 26 October 2014, 12.30pm Glasgow Royal Concert Sweet Dreams Pop-Up Choir Sunday 26 October 2014, 12.30pmGlasgow Royal Concert Hall, Strathclyde Suite Tickets: Free – no need to book, simply drop in to one of our sessions Come along with your baby and join our pop-up choir. Together we will workshop and learn a simple arrangement of a traditional lullaby that you can use to soothe ...
- Glasgow Wildlife Garden Festival 9th – 30th September, 2014 Glasgow Wildlife Garden Festival 9th – 30th September, 2014 Re-connect with the city’s urban green spaces A city-wide Wildlife Garden Festival will offer people in Glasgow the chance to get closer to nature this summer, with a packed calendar of events running between September 9-30. Storytelling, walks, a comedy night and canoe trips will all be on offer as ...
- The Games We Play Exhibition Scotland Street School The Games We Play Exhibition Scotland Street School Extended until Sunday 11 January 2015. The Games We Play is a chance to explore games and play from across different cultures and time periods. From the Papua New Guinea story of Pikinini Wantaim Bubu, which shows how children learn to be adults from their grandparents, through strategy games ...
- Urban Roots explore the wonderful world of butterflies and moths, Glasgow, 10 August Urban Roots explore the wonderful world of butterflies and moths Malls Mire Woodland 10 August 2014 Mett 10.30 a.m. Toryglen Community Base, 179 Prospecthill Circus. Malls Mire Community Woodland, Glasgow South Side Butterfly Conservation will be there to introduce you to these beautiful flying insects. We will look at the variety of species caught in our woodland moth trap, then ...
- Family Fun Day, Glasgow, in aid of Syria and Palestine, 9th August
- The Commonwealth Flotilla, 26th July, 2014 The Commonwealth Flotilla Glasgow Commonwealth Games 26th July, 2014 The largest flotilla in the Clyde’s history. 250 boats, will sail from Greenock to Glasgow’s Pacific Quay. The Commonwealth Flotilla is an official Festival 2014 event and the RYA Scotland team is delighted to be part of the Games experience for spectators and visitors. Our trip up the Clyde and ...
- Marathon Storytelling Cycle Challenge, Tam Dean Burn, 27 July
- Merchant City Festival, Big Mono Welcome 26 July, 2014 26 July 2014 8 p.m. – 11 p.m. Mono, Kings Court, City Centre Age restrictions – All ages The Big Mono Welcome A programme of free music, art, food and family events designed to open the doors of Mono ‘The Big Mono Welcome’ – a programme of free music, art, food and family events designed to open the doors and ...
- Merchant City Festival 2014: Glasgow loves Music Stage Glasgow Loves Music – showcasing everything musical from local performances to participatory bandeoke and music lessons. Glasgow Loves Music is a musical showcase weekend programmed by Glasgow Music Studios. The stage will include; dj sessions from the studios’ resident coach Stevie Middleton, singing lessons and choir performances with voice coach Lu Angel, drumming and percussion lessons ...
- Old School Street Games, Monday 21st July For children of all ages Beside The Children’s Wood, Northumberland Street G20 8LH 21st July, 2014
- Events at Woodlands Community Gardens, July 2014 A Picnic with Nature and Film Saturday 19th July 2pm to 5.30pm Join in with the Commonwealth Film & Theatre Festival. We will take you and your family on a journey through Kelvingrove Park and round up the afternoon with a film screening of Moon Man – specially selected for a young audience. Meeting at Stewart Memorial Fountain, ...
- Scotland’s first dedicated creative play space for babies to return to Glasgow as part of Culture 2014 programme Introducing Blue Block Studio – a unique creative environment for 0 – 2 year olds created by Starcatchers Tramway, 25 Albert Drive, Glasgow, G41 2PE 23rd July – 2nd August Starcatchers are delighted to welcome babies and their adults to Blue Block Studio a unique shared experience for babies 0 – 2 years. It offers the opportunity for ...
- Yellow Valley Starcatchers and Xana Marwick 23 – 27 July & 29 July – 2 August The Tramway Yellow Valley Starcatchers and Xana Marwick 23 – 27 July & 29 July – 2 August 1:30 & 2:45pm The Tramway £6 adult+child. £6 additional adult & £4 additional child Buy tickets from our box office on 0845 330 3501 Yellow Valley is a loveable, contemporary, musical-storytelling performance, created especially for children aged 2 to 4 years old, inspired by ...
- Blue Block Studio, The Tramway, for babies, 23 – 27 July Blue Block Studio Starcatchers and Katy Wilson 23 – 27 July & 29 July – 2 August 10am & 11:15am The Tramway £6 adult+child. £6 additional adult & £4 additional child Buy tickets from our box office on 0845 330 3501 Blue Block Studio is a space specially designed for babies under 24 months. It offers the opportunity for adult ...
- Foraging and Storytelling North Kelvin Meadow, 20th July, 2014 Foraging and Storytelling North Kelvin Meadow, 20th July, 2014 Come and join us on the 20th for foraging, herb propagation and storytelling.Information on Facebook 76 Kelbourne St, Glasgow, G20 8PR
- My Generation Youth Art and Design Week August 4 – August 8 The Tramway My Generation Youth Art and Design Week August 4 – August 8 The Tramway For young people aged 14+ This August, join us for a week of creative classes inspired by GENERATION – 25 Years of Contemporary Art. There will be five days of sculpture, printmaking and jewellery making – all for £75 for the week. Tickets Available www.tramway.org Tramway, 25 ...
- Bug Walk, Pollok Park, 17 July Bug Walk Pollok Country Park Thursday, July 17 at 10:00am – 12:00pm Woodland Commun ity Garden invite you to come along and join Buglife for a beautiful walk in Pollock Country Park searching for natures smaller wonders. Meeting at Pollockshaws West train station (Pollockshaw Road, G43 1NZ).
- Peppa Pig’s Big Splash 12 July 2014, to 13 July 2014, King’s Theatre, Peppa Pig’s Big Splash 12 July 2014, to 13 July 2014, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. King’s Theatre, Glasgow All singing, all dancing puppet show with wee Peppa Pig and pals as they enjoy the rain and muddy puddles and try to fix the leaking nursery roof. Ticket prices: £12.50-£21 King’s Theatre 297 Bath Street, Glasgow, G2 ...
- The Tin Forest International, 21 – 24 July, South Rotunda, Glasgow A celebration of Glasgow’s industrial past and creative future. The Tin Forest International South Rotunda by the Clyde 21 – 24 July From here, the international company which will now include actors and performers from across the Commonwealth will take to the streets and perform throughout the city including at the Waterbus Terminal, Tradeston Footbridge, Custom House Quay and ...
- Summer Holidays at Riverside Museum 2014 Summer Holidays at Riverside Museum 1 July 2014 to 17 August 2014 100 Pointhouse Place, Glasgow, G3 8RS0141 287 2720 Riverside Museum this Summer there’s a range of drop-in events for kids and families. The Road from Delhi In the run up to the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games, Glasgow Life has launched a new display at the Riverside Museum, ...
- Sensory Summer at St Enoch Centre, Sense Scotland Sensory Summer – Sense Scotland St Enoch Centre Sense Scotland is St. EnochCentre’s charity partner for 2014. It’s going to be a fun and excitingtime, with lots going on in andaround the Centre. Summer Sensory workshops delivered by Sense Scotland Arts team Dates: Friday 27th June – Sunday 20th July (closed 30th June & 1st, 7th, 8th, 14th, 15th July) Location: ...
- Project Y Foundation Youth Dance Week Anniesland College 14 – 18 July 2014 Project Y Foundation Youth Dance Week Anniesland College, Glasgow 14 – 18 July 2014 Course for young dancers looking to improve their technique, create new choreography and make new friends. A special performance will take place at the end of the five day course. For ages 12–18. http://www.ydance.org Anniesland College 19 Hatfield Drive, Glasgow, G12 0YE
- An Evening with Rainbow Rowell, 10 July, Waterstone’s An Evening with Rainbow Rowell 10 July 2014, 6.30 p.m. Waterstone’s, Glasgow The young adult novelist from Nebraska talks about her latest novel, Landline, and previous book Fangirl. When she’s not writing, Rainbow is reading comic books, planning Disney World trips and arguing about things that don’t really matter in the big scheme of things. Ticket prices: £3, Concession ...
- Glasgow Improvisers Orchestra: Children’s Music Workshops CCA Fri 11 July 2014 Glasgow Improvisers Orchestra:Children’s Music Workshops CCA Fri 11 July 2014 10am – 12pm, FREEAges: 3-5 (accompanied by an adult)Email email@example.com to book This lively workshop gives budding musicians the chance to play a variety of instruments, see professional musicians play and have a fantastic amount of fun creating music together. Expressing creativity by improvising and meeting many musical concepts ...
- Rock-a-Buy Baby, Kids’ Market, Partick, Sat 5th July, 2014 Rock-A-Buy Pre Loved Baby & Kids Market Partick Burgh Halls 9 Burgh Hall St, Glasgow, G11 5LW Saturday 5th July, 2014 10.30 a.m. – 1 p.m. Information about event: Selling a huge Range Of Maternity, Baby, And Children’s Products (age 0 – 9) Great Brands At Super Prices. The Rock-a-Buy Baby & Kids Market is the perfect place to purchase excellent quality ...
- Battlefield Street Party, Sat 28th June, 2014 Battlefield Street Party Kicks off on Saturday 28th June at Battlefield Community Garden Corner Arundel Road/Ledard Drive Noon to five p.m. Bringing the community together with something for all the family including: live performance from Woodwife, The Shy Retirer, Govanhill Voices. There will be children’s activities with a bouncy castle and face painting and watch out for Ben’s Bike Repairs, ...
- Woodlands Community Garden – School Holiday Programme, 2014 Looking for something to do over the school holidays? Starting 26 June: our Bio-diverse project is bringing you a month long programme of walks and cycle trips. These free, family friendly events will help you get out and celebrate the nature on your doorstep…. Fossil Grove Walk Thursday 26th June 2-4pm Meeting at Jordanhill train station (Ashwood Gardens, ...
- Holiday Activity Programme, Glasgow, 30 June – 9 August, 2014 Summer Holiday Sports Children and Family Activities Programme 30th June – 9th August, 204 Things to do in the school holidays at various Venues throughout Glasgow Further details: www.glasgowlife.org.uk/sport/HolidayActivityProgramme/Pages/default.aspx Multi Activity Programmes Club 511 Family Extravaganza Days (Wee Sports Sites) Glasgow Kids Club Pool Activities Pre 5 Activities Gymnastics – Pre School & Play Gym Football – Mini Kickers Sports Programmes Athletics Badminton Basketball Commonwealth Club Sports Days (Wee Sports ...
- Just Imagine with Nick Sharratt Saturday 7th June, 2014, 11.30 Hillhead Library Just Imagine with Nick Sharratt Saturday 7th June, 2014, 11.30 a.m. Hillhead Library Bring the family to a fun packed event with Nick Sharratt – one of the UK’s best loved illustrators and writing talents, and creator of favourite picture books You Choose, Just imagine and Pants! Free Part of West End Festival: www.westendfestival.co.uk Hillhead Library, 348 Byres Road, ...
- June 2014 News & Events, Woodlands Community Development Trust June 2014 News & Events, Woodlands Community Development Trust Wild A Celebration of Nature in the City Our bio-diverse project will be celebrating nature over the next 6 months, with a packed programme of walks, talks, events and family activities. 91-111 West Princes Street, Woodlands, Glasgow G4 9BY http://www.woodlandscommunitygarden.org.uk/ Telephone: 0791950525 Once Upon Today Sunday 8th June, 11am – 4pm at ...
- Elf, Pixie and Fairy Festival, 28th June, 2014 11 a.m. North Kelvin Meadow, G20 https://www.facebook.com/TheChildrensWood
- West End Festival: Gala with Katie Morag Highland Games 1st June Gala with Katie Morag Highland Games Sunday 1st June – at 11:00am – 4:00pm The Children’s Wood,North Kelvin Meadow (Can be accessed via Kelbourne St or Clouston Street, G20 8PR) Free Calling Katie Morag fans everywhere. Announcing the first ever Katie Morag Highland Games! Highlights include Katie Morag storytelling, special guests Tamara Hedderwick. Children can have a go ...
- Kelvin Music School – Summer School, Kelvinbridge Date Opens: 21st July 2014 Kelvin Music School – Summer School Date Opens: 21st July 2014 Address: 10 Belmont Lane, Kelvinbridge, Glasgow, G12 8EN www.kelvinmusicschool.com Blurb: Kelvin Music School is a new music school opening in the west end of Glasgow opening in July 2014. The school is focussed on positive child development through learning music instruments and taking part in musical group activities. ...
- The Ahmadiyya Muslim Youth Association 5k Fun Run, Sunday 1st June, Kelvingrove Park The Ahmadiyya Muslim Youth Association 5k Fun Run is back!! Sunday 1st June, Kelvingrove Park The fourth annual AMYA 5k Fun Run takes place in Kelvingrove Park in Glasgow on Sunday 1st June. This is a fantastic family event aimed at all members of the local Ahmadiyya Mosque, no matter what age or ability. The event also ...
- Saltbush 23 and 24 May 2014, 2:30 p.m. The Tron Saltbush 23 and 24 May 2014, 2:30 p.m. The Tron An interactive journey through the culture and landscape of Aboriginal Australia where children are invited to explore, play and dance with the performers. Ages 4–8. Ticket prices: £8, Family £21-28 0141 552 4267 Tron Theatre 63 Trongate, Glasgow, G1 5HB
- Grandad and Me Platform The Bridge 22nd May, 2014 Ages 5 plus Grandad and Me Platform The Bridge 22nd May (1.30 and 7 p.m.) Using original music, choreography and animation inspired by the illustrations of Jon Bishop this living storybook explores loss and the treasures of memory and imagination. Ages 5+.Platform, Glasgow http://www.theletterj.org/ Tickets: £8, Concession £3.50-4.50 Platform The Bridge 1000 Westerhouse Road Easterhouse, Glasgow, G34 9DU
- Woodlands Community Development Trust, May Events 2014 FUNDRAISING PICNIC SUNDAY 18th MAY, 1-3pmJoin us in the garden this Sunday for a fundraising picnic jointly hosted by Woodlands Garden and West End ACTS. Serving up freshly made seasonal soup, sensational salads, tea and tasty cakes. With the chance to win prizes in a raffle, buy our new hand designed garden T shirts and buy ...
- Tales ‘n Tunes: Ceilidh for Kids Merry Go Round, Strathbungo 18 May 2014, 1:00 p.m. Tales ‘n Tunes: Ceilidh for Kids Merry Go Round, Strathbungo 18 May 2014, 1:00 p.m. Ceilidh dancing and stories. £5 Merry-Go-Round 32–34 Nithsdale Road Strathbungo, Glasgow, G41 2AN
- Family Garden Collage Day 17th May, 2014 Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum Family Garden Collage Day 17th May, 2014 Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum Come and make your very own garden collage with Scottish artist Leo du Feu and RSPB Glasgow at the Kelvingrove! Using the fantastic gardens of the Kelvingrove Park. Learn how to capture the colours and shapes and create a garden of your own.Working inside and outside the ...
- Bookbug Session 15 May 2014, 10:00 a.m. Langside Halls Bookbug Session 15 May 2014, 10:00 a.m. Langside Halls Rhymes, stories and songs to stimulate and delight wee ones. Suitable for under threes. Langside Halls 5 Langside Avenue Shawlands, Glasgow, G41 2QR
- Circus at Scotstoun Scottish Rugby 3rd and 4th May, 2014 Circus at Scotstoun Scottish Rugby 3rd and 4th May, 2014 Information and Tickets A whole weekend of sevens rugby, music, entertainment and fun – all with a circus fancy dress theme. We asked you to give us ideas for our theme in 2014 and you responded in your hundreds, so thanks for the inspiration. Scotstoun Stadium is great venue for ‘clowning ...
- Stay and Play Sessions Glasgow – for children 0 -3 years Stay & Play programme YWCA, 4th Floor, Albert Chambers, 13 Bath Street, Glasgow G2 1HY Registration Day – Thursday 8th May from 9.30am – 12.30pm. •Stay and Play sessions can be themed, can be messy, but they’re always fun and interactive. •Children and their parents and carers can sing, dance, play, and have fun together as a family. ...
- Good Parenting Show Scotland Hampden Park 17 and18 May 2014, 9:00 a.m. Good Parenting Show Scotland Hampden Park 17 and18 May 2014, 9:00 a.m. So have you booked your tickets yet for Scotlands ONLY ORIGINAL parenting exhibition at Hampden Park this May! Come along for a fun filled family day out, organised for families by family, see whats fabulous in your area! Information, shopping and entertainment – specifically curated with ...
- Bookbug Session Langside Halls 15 May 2014, 10:00 a.m. Bookbug Session Langside Halls 15 May 2014, 10:00 a.m. Rhymes, stories and songs for under threes. Langside Halls 5 Langside Avenue Shawlands, Glasgow, G41 2QR
- Horrid Henry Fund Day, Waterstones, Glasgow 3rd May HORRID HENRY FUN DAY 3rd May, 2014 Waterstones, Sauchiehall Street 1 – 3 p.m. Come and join us for a fun filled couple of hours as we celebrate 20 years of HORID HENRY. Waterstones, 153 Sauchiehall Street, G2 3EW
- Butterflies for Beginners 10 May 2014, 12:00 p.m. Kelvingrove Art Gallery & Museum Butterflies for Beginners 10 May 2014, 12:00 p.m. Kelvingrove Art Gallery & Museum RSPB and Butterfly Conservation Learn about butterflies, including how to survey and identify them, from people who know a thing or two about them — the RSPB and Butterfly Conservation. This is an outdoor workshop; suitable clothing advised. Ticket prices: £15 (£10 member) www.twitter.com/RSPBGlasgow Kelvingrove Art Gallery & ...
- Innocence Tramway Wed 30 April & Thu 1 May 10am & 1pm Sun 4 May 1 & 3pm Innocence Tramway Wed 30 April & Thu 1 May 10am & 1pm Sun 4 May 1 & 3pm A unique playroom performance, Innocence invites 0–7 year olds (and their adults) to explore the world of William Blake’s imagination. Innocence is a magical theatrical journey led by Scottish Dance Theatre’s captivating dancers, with live music, songs, giggles and animal noises ...
- Vivace Theatre School: Acting Up Cottiers Theatre 27 April 2014 Vivace Theatre School: Acting Up Cottiers Theatre 27 April 2014 Dramatic showcase from the students of Vivace Theatre School. http://www.vivacetheatreschool.co.uk/ £10, Concession £8 Cottier Theatre 93-95 Hyndland Street, Glasgow, G11 5BX
- A Small Story for children 2 – 4, The Tron 30th April – 3rd May, 2014 NOW CLOSED Enter Competition: Five Pairs of Tickets To Be Won A Small Story The Tron 30th April – 3rd May, 2014 Celebrated Scottish/German children’s theatre makers unite to create a unique show of intricate visual storytelling for 2 – 4 year olds Starcatchers and Theater o.N. (Berlin) to tour a small story / eine kleine geschichte this Spring Created and performed by ANDY ...
- Take 2: Believe, Glasgow Film Theatre, 12 Rose Street Saturday 19 April Take 2: BelieveN/C 5+ Glasgow Film Theatre, 12 Rose Street Saturday 19 April Show Times: 11:30 Buy Tickets → Man United legend Matt Busby coaches an unruly kids’ football team. Glasgow Young Scot or Kidz Card holders and an accompanying adult get in FREE to these shows! All other tickets cost £4.50. Each child’s ticket admits one ...
- Easter Family Fun Sessions and Nature Walks Woodlands Community Gardens, 16-18 April, 2014 Easter Family Fun Sessions and Nature Walks Woodlands Community Gardens Plenty of fun line up this Easter with three chances to join in outdoor play at the community garden. All sessions are free and no booking required. Wednesday 16th 11am – 12 midday CLOUDS AND SKY using mirrors to explore the worlds above us Thursday 17th 11am – 12 ...
- Easter Eggstravaganza Mugdock Country Park Sunday 20th April, 2014, 2 p.m. – 4 p.m. Easter Eggstravaganza Mugdock Country Park Sunday 20th April, 2014, 2 p.m. – 4 p.m. Lotss of Easter activities, based around the Visitor Centre. Remember to bring decorated eggs for the competition and hard boiled eggs for the rolling race and egg assault course. http://www.mugdock-country-park.org.uk Telephone: 0141 956 6586Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Mugdock Country Park, Craigallion Road, nr Milngavie G62 8EL
- Search for the Easter Bunny Provan Hall House Friday 18th April 2014 from 12 – 2 p.m. Search for the Easter Bunny Provan Hall House Friday 18th April 2014 from 12 – 2 p.m. Join the search for the Easter(house)bunny with a walk (or hop) around Todd’s Well Commonwealth Wood. Collect your clue sheet from Provan Hall House and go at your own pace, find the Easter(house)bunnies hiding in the trees to win a chocolate treat. Free All ...
- Gingerbread Man Paisley Arts Centre Monday 14th Apr 2014 Gingerbread Man Paisley Arts Centre Monday 14th Apr 2014 Clydebuilt Puppets Suitable for ages 3 + The Gingerbread Man creates havoc wherever he goes. He meets a majestic cow, a stubborn goat and an opporunistic bird. But can he outwit the dastardly fox? With a foot-tapping Yummy chase sountrack – reminiscent of an old movie – and minimal language this ...
- Enjoy-a-ball Glasgow West-end Easter Camp Mondy 14th April 14 to Friday 18th April, 9am-1pm Hyndland Community Hall Enjoy-a-ball Glasgow West-end Easter Camp Mondy 14th April 14 to Friday 18th April, 9am-1pm Hyndland Community Hall Enjoy-a-Ball is a multi sports coaching programme for girls and boys aged between three and nine. All lessons are taught in a caring, positive, fun-filled environment and there are never more than 12 children in a class. Our objective is to ...
- Baby Loves Disco, Hummingbird Glasgow, 4th May, 2014 Baby Loves Disco Sunday 4 May Hummingbird email@example.com www.babylovesdisco.co.uk Baby Loves Disco is a chance for babies, toddlers, preschoolers and their parents to get their respective grooves on and enjoy some dayclubbing with real club DJs spinning retro and pop tunes. Chillout room, themed crafts, facepainting, healthy snacks and more – all included in the price, plus licensed bar for ...
- Easter Eggstravaganza, Mugdock Country Park, 20 April Easter Eggstravaganza Mugdock Country Park Sunday 20 April 2pm – 4pm Celebrate all things spring-like and join in with the chick hunt and lots of other cracking activities! Remember to bring decorated eggs for the competition and hard boiled eggs for the rolling race and egg assault course. Activities will be based around the ...
- Rugby Glasgow 7s, Family Events, 4/5th May – Scotstoun Leisure Centre 3rd and 4th May, 2014 Scottish Rugby Scotstoun Leisure Centre, Danes Drive, Glasgow A whole weekend of sevens rugby, music, entertainment and fun – all with a circus fancy dress theme. Scotstoun Stadium is great venue for ‘clowning around’ at a family-friendly event like this – and the Glasgow 7s really does have something for everyone, including plenty of ...
- Cadbury’s Easter Egg Trails, National Trust for Scotland Turn eggsplorer with Cadbury’s and National Trust for Scotland: you follow the trail, collect the clues, solve the puzzle and win a Cadbury treat! There are Cadbury Easter egg trails at 45 of our places across Scotland and they’re all completely different – the perfect excuse to try your hand at more than one! http://www.nts.org.uk/Events/Theme/Cadbury-Easter-Egg-Trails/ Get in ...
- Play Summit, Glasgow Green 12 – 14 April,2014 CULTURE 2014: PLAY SUMMIT 12 April 2014 to 14 April 2014 10.00-6.00. Glasgow Green G1 5DP Three days dedicated to all things play led by artist Nils Norman and art & architecture collective Assemble. For families, there are three days of free outdoor play with Baltic Street Adventure Playground, which is moving to Glasgow Green for the duration of the ...
- The Yorkhill Easter Egg Run, Sunday 20th April, 2014 The Yorkhill Easter Egg RunSunday 20th April On Sunday 20th April, the streets of Glasgow’s west end will be alive with the sound of revving engines and tooting horns as hundreds of motor-bikers take to the streets to support Yorkhill Children’s Charity. The 6.5 mile parade, starting and finishing in the grounds of the hospital, is ...
- Holiday Spring Play Programme Glasgow 2014 Download programme (PDF) Spring Play Programme – Drumchapel Kids Club Spring Play Programme – Drumchapel Kids Club 5-12 Years Welcome, It’s Free ! Drumchapel Community Centre, Wednesday 9th and 16th April, 2.30pm-4.30pm For more information please contact: Drumchapel/Knightswood Hub on 0141 276 1525 Spring Youth Programme – 360 Skateboarding Club Blairdardie Sports Pavilion Spring Youth Programme – 360 Skateboarding Club, ...
- Outdoor Learning Club, North Kelvin Meadow, Every Saturday Outdoor Learning Club Every Saturday throughout the year. 10-12pm. All volunteers have some level of Forest School Training.
- Scottish Youth Theatre, Glasgow: Theatre Toolbox: Easter Course: Theatre Toolbox (ages 12-16) Easter Course: Theatre Toolbox (ages 12-16) Monday 14 – Friday 18 April 2014 Theatre Toolbox is an exciting, week long project to give you the chance to try out a variety of specialist skills workshops and learn something new, during the Easter holiday. Sign up for the whole week or just book in to the workshops that interest ...
- Best Dressed Cycle Parades & Competition, Riverside Museum, Glasgow, 20 and 21 April, 2014 Best Dressed Cycle Parades & Competition Riverside Museum 20th and 21st April, 12.00 – 4 p.m. Decorate your bicycle and yourself and try to win the accolade of ‘best dressed’ at the museums cycle parade. There is also the chance to learn about cycling through the ages and to take part in a variety of transport themed activities. ...
- RSPB, Children’s Wildlife Photography Workshop, Kelvingrove, Glasgow 7 – 21 April 2014 Children’s Wildlife Photography Workshop Monday 7 April to Monday 21 April 12pm – 2pm Price: £8 (£5 RSPB members) Kelvingrove Art Gallery & Museum, Argyle Street, Glasgow Bring your camera and learn from our experts as we practice your wildlife photography and wildlife ID skills in the Kelvingrove Park. We will start with a quick introduction about Kelvingrove Museum and the ...
- Cadbury Easter Egg Trail The Hill House, Helensburgh, 18 – 21st April, 2014 Friday, April 18th – Monday, April 21st Cadbury Easter Egg Trail The Hill House 13:30 – 16:00 Turn eggsplorer at the Hill House Helensburgh this Easter as you follow the trail, collect the clues, solve the puzzle and win a Cadbury treat! Dates: Friday 18th to Monday 21st April Time: 1.30pm – 4pm daily. £2 per child. Call 0844 4932208 for ...
- Family Day Spaces and Faces Inspired by Glasgow International 2014, Tramway, 20 April, 2014 Family Day Spaces and Faces Inspired by Glasgow International 2014 Tramway Sun 20 April 12 noon – 4pm Free, drop in. Part of Glasgow International 2014 Tramway Family Day will be celebrating Glasgow International Festival of Visual Art exhibitions with a range of drop-in activities and workshops. Clare Hume (art storyteller) will lead interactive tours of the exhibitions using story, movement & ...
- Easter Drop In Day, Scottish Mask and Puppet Theatre, 17 and 18 April, 2014 Thurs 17th and Friday 18th April 10.30am-4.30pm Drop-In Day Our doors will be open for a warm welcome from all at the Scottish Mask and Puppet Centre; Our café is open all day so why not get together with a few friends and arrange to meet for a coffee and a chat while the children colour ...
- Balloonology Workshop, Scottish Mask and Puppet Centre,17 and 18 April Balloonology Workshop Scottish Mask and Puppet Centre 17th and 18th April 10.30 a.m. By the end of this workshop you’ll be creating animals, birds, flowers and much more from balloons and you’ll have learned some skills to take home and use again. by Alex the Magician Ages 7+. £5.95 Scottish Mask and Puppet Centre 8-10 Balcarres Avenue Kelvindale, Glasgow, G12 0QF www.maskandpuppet.co.uk/
- Glasgow Improvisers Orchestra: Children’s Music Workshops, CCA, 11th April, 2014 Glasgow Improvisers Orchestra: Children’s Music Workshops CCA 11th April, 2014- 9 p.m. Free up that natural creativity, with the boys and girls of the Glasgow Improvisers Orchestra. http://glasgowimprovisersorchestra.com/ CCA 350 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow, G2 3JD
- Cosmic Connections! GI 2014, House of an Art Lover, GI Festival, 12th April, 2014 Cosmic Connections! GI 2014 12 April 2014 Our GI artist-in-residency Suzanne Dery is hosting this afternoon workshop for star-children age 8-12 years, inviting them to model an offering to the Sun and another star or planet of their choice. Starting with a map of the constellations, the young artists will locate and select a subject for their ...
- Night to Light, GI Festival 2014, House of an Art Lover, 10th April 10th April Join us for an evening of star gazing, where our GI artist-in-residence, Suzanne Dery will collaborate with the Curator at Coats Observatory, John Pressly to transport your eyes and mind a little closer to some of the wonderful mysteries of the night sky with the aid of on-site telescopes. 8.00 to 9.30pm FREE Drop In event ...
- Tramway, Shadow and Light Art, 16th April, 5 – 12 year olds Shadow and Light Art Tramway 16th April, 2014 5 – 12 years Part of Glasgow International 2014 A workshop exploring shadows and light. Participants will create shadow characters and stories. Then set a scene/background for their character & their story. Drop in 10:30am-12noon http://glasgowinternational.org/ Tramway 25 Albert Drive, Glasgow, G41 2PE
- The Tramway, Wee Art Explorers: Shadow Art, 9th 10th April, ages 2 – 5 Wee Art Explorers: Shadow Art Tramway 9th and 10th April Part of Glasgow International 2014 Once Upon My Time – Shadow Art. For ages 2-5 Drop in 10:30am-12noon In these wee art sessions, the participants will weave story into shadow puppetry and create backgrounds and characters to populate the Upper Foyer Gallery. Then the scene is set for a little performance ...
- MCR Pathways and The Herald Campaign, Mentors Needed: you can make a big difference to a disadvantaged young person HERALD CAMPAIGN — NO PLACE FOR DISADVANTAGE You can make a big difference to a Glasgow Future Join The Herald & MCR Pathways as we trailblaze a better future for bright young people who need motivated and committed adults to support them through a pathway from school to further education. Be a trusted, listening ear and turnaround ...
- Project-Ability, Friends and Family Workshops, Felt Eggs, Saturday 29th March 11 a.m. The next Friends and Family Fun workshops will be Felt Eggs Saturday 29th March. Come along to our Friends and Family Fun Workshops and get ready for Easter with some colourful felt eggs! Watch beautiful patterns and tactile surfaces emerge as you roll your sleeves up and get felting! These classes provide the opportunity for children and young ...
- Acting Up! Drama Sessions for Children & Young People, CCA, Glasgow Acting Up! Drama Sessions for Children & Young People CCA Sat 29 March 2014 Times vary, £6 trial/£55-65 for eight week blockAges: 4-18Email firstname.lastname@example.org to book With the exception of the school holidays, CCA offers competitively priced drama classes every Saturday for children and young people, held by accomplished writer and actor Clare Hemphill and her team of energetic ...
- Children’s Wildlife Photography Workshops, Kelvingrove Park, 7th, 14th 21st April, 2014 RSPB Are you aged between 7 and 16? Do you love the outdoors and the wildlife that lives out there? Do you have fun taking photographs of the world around us? Join us for an afternoon of photography and wildlife as we invite you on our Children’s Wildlife Photography Workshops. Kelvingrove Park. Monday 7th, 14th ...
- Disney On Ice Worlds Of Fantasy, 27 Mar 2014 – 30 Mar 2014, SSE Hydro, Glasgow Disney On Ice Worlds Of Fantasy, 27 Mar 2014 – 30 Mar 2014 SSE Hydro 7 p.m. Tickets: £13.50 – £38.00 Hotline: 0844 395 4000 The action-packed ice spectacular, Disney On Ice presents Worlds of Fantasy, whisks audiences on a captivating adventure to four magical locations, including the auto-racing terrain of Cars and a visit to Andy’s bedroom with the ...
- Martin ‘BigPig’ Mor presents Funny Stuff for Happy People, The Stand, 23rd March Martin ‘BigPig’ Mor presents Funny Stuff for Happy People The Stand, Glasgow 23rd March, 2014, 3 p.m. Kids can bring their adults along to this show without any worry of them getting bored, as there’s a lovely blend of comedy, storytelling, magic, and some stupid science to top it off. Ticket prices: £4 www.martinmor.com The Stand 333 Woodlands Road, Glasgow, ...
- RSPB, Seabird Spectacular, Kelvingrove, Glasgow 22nd and 23rd March Seabird Spectacular Saturday 22 March and Sunday 23 March 1pm – 4pm Price: Suggested donation £1 At this time of year the seabirds are starting to arrive on our coasts to breed and feed. Join us to learn more about these wonderful creatures and why they need our help! Directions Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, Argyle Street, Glasgow
- Glasgow CAN Family Arts Week-end, 21 – 23 March, 2014 GlasgowCAN Family Arts Weekend FRI 21ST -SUN 23RD MARCH 2014 Join us from Friday 21st March for fun filled family friendly Arts Weekend! COMMONWEALTH COLOURS MARYHILL COMMUNITY CENTRE 35 AVENUEPARK STREET G20 8TS FRIDAY 21ST MARCH 5.30-7.30PM SPRING, SAMBA & SPIDERS WOODLANDS COMMUNITY GARDEN 91-101 WEST PRINCES ST G4 9BY SATURDAY 22ND MARCH 1-4.00PM FAMILY FUN POSSILPARK SARACEN CROSS, POSSILPARK SUNDAY 23RD MARCH 12-4.00PM Full details (PDF)
- Woodlands Community Garden, Spring Into Life, Family Arts Event 22nd March Saturday 22nd March, 1pm to 4pm Featuring “Discover Me”, The Conservation Volunteers Scotland Natural Play Programme, where families can learn, play, explore and discover.Join in with;– nature trails and walks– arts and crafts using natural and recycled objects– tales of wonder for all ages– samba music– cakes, glorious cakes This event is supported by Glasgow ...
- Glasgow Theatre and Comedy: Soft Play Area: Watch with Baby Comedy, 23rd March Soft Play Area: Watch with Baby Comedy OranMor, Top of Byres Road Sunday 23rd Of Mar 2014 – Comedy @ The Venue G;asgpw International Comedy Festival Janey Godley, Billy Kirkwood, Mark Nelson and Jojo Sutherland tell jokes for grown ups at a comedy gig you can take your 0-2 year to. The Soft Play area is like watch with baby ...
- Commonwealth Youth Dance Festival, The Tramway 10 – 12 July, 2014 COMMONWEALTH YOUTH DANCE FESTIVAL 10th – 12th July, 2014 25 Albert Dr, Glasgow G41 2PE We’re staging the first ever Commonwealth Youth Dance Festival this year – Thursday 10 to Saturday 12 July – bringing together 36 youth dance groups from Australia, Canada, England, India, Malta, Namibia, New Zealand, Northern Ireland, Scotland, South Africa and Wales. It’s going ...
- Glasgow City of Science Flash Mob When: Wednesday 19th March 2014 at 12 Noon prompt! Where: Outside Glasgow Science Centre and BBC Scotland What: Get your hands in the air and dance along to the music in our giant outdoor dance session. Why: To raise the awareness of Glasgow schools hand hygiene world record attempt taking place shortly afterwards. Getting your hands in the ...
- Junior Nature Club, Mugdock Country Park, 30th March, 2014 Junior Nature Club – No Parents Required! Mugdock Country Park, Craigallion Road, Milngavie, Glasgow G62 8EL Sunday 30th March 2014, 1.45pm – 4pm 8 – 12 year olds Let’s communicate, but no talking allowed! Ranger led activities for 8 – 12 year olds .Cost £1. Bookings essential on 0141 956 6586, bookings taken from Friday 14th March. Contact Details Contact: Ranger Service Telephone: ...
- Fundraiser Glasgow: St John’s Renfield Playgroup Bazaar, 22nd March, 2014 St John’s Renfield Playgroup Bazaar Saturday 22nd March 2014, 10 a.m. – Noon Family fun morning. Stalls, refreshments, home baking, bouncy castle, face painting and more. Adults £1.50 (includes tea and bun), kids free. St John’s Renfiled church, 22 Beaconsfield Rd, Glasgow G12 http://stjohnsrenfieldplaygroup.wordpress
- Dance with Babies in Glasgow, Free tasters Bishopbriggs and Hillhead Dance with Babies Free Taster Class Bishopbriggs and Hillhead Get your free taster class at Dance with Babies on March of 2014! In 2014 Dance with Babies is partnering with Get Scotland Dancing, Commonwealth Culture 2014 Programme, to get more people dancing in Scotland than ever before. You can get your free taster class at Dance with Babies, ...
- What’s On in Glasgow Events for kids and young people. Mitti: Our South Asian Roots – Family Fun Day, Scotland St School, 8th March Mitti: Our South Asian Roots – Family Fun Day Scotland Street School Museum, 225 Scotland Street , Glasgow G5 8QB Date: Sat 8th Mar 14 Join us on Commonwealth Day as we celebrate Glasgow Museums’ new RENEW collection of art from South Asia. See work from community projects based on this new collection and create your own art ...
- Kilmardinny Clean Up, Bearsden, 8th March, 2014 Kilmardinny Clean Up, Bearsden Kilmardinny Loch , Thompson Drive, Bearsden Glasgow G61 Sat 8th Mar 14 11am – 2pm. Free event. Wheelchair accessible. Volunteers needed to clean up Kilmardinny Loch Local Nature Reserve and Craigdhu Wedge. Everyone welcome: children must be accompanied by an adult. Meet the Ranger at the loch end of Thompson Drive, Bearsden.at 11 a.m. Contact: Ranger ...
- What’s on in Glasgow Kids and Young People, Freckleface Strawberry The Musical, 11 – 21 April, Scottish Youth Theatre Freckleface Strawberry The Musical 11 – 21 April, 2014 Freckleface Strawberry will do anything to get rid of her freckles – from scrubbing them with soap, to caking on makeup, and even wearing a ski mask to school! Will her schoolmates realise it’s her under the mask? Will Freckleface be brave enough to finally face her complexion ...
- Glasgow Cinema: Black Beauty, GFT 11.30 a.m. Saturday 8th March Take 2: Black Beauty U Glasgow Film Theatre, 12 Rose Street Saturday 8 March 11:30 a.m. Buy Tickets → Timeless tale about a lifelong friendship between a boy and his horse. Glasgow Young Scot or Kidz Card holders and an accompanying adult get in FREE to these shows! All other tickets cost £4.50. Each child’s ticket admits one adult free of ...
- Aye Write 2014: Cerrie Burnell: Snowflakes, 5th April Cerrie Burnell: Snowflakes 5 Apr 2014 • 12:00 P.M – 1:00 P.M • Mitchell Library Cbeebies presenter Cerrie Burnell reads from her first book, Snowflakes. Every snowflake is different, every snowflake is perfect! Cbeebies presenter Cerrie Burnell is dropping in to introduce her first book, Snowflakes. Hear her read from the book and colour your own special snowflake ...
- Beaconsfiled Toddlers’ Group, St Johns Renfield Church, Beaconsfield Road New mums – we need you! Lots of our little ones are graduating to nursery so we have lots of space and toys that want to be played with. Come and join us at our very friendly toddler group in St Johns Renfield Church Hall, Beaconsfield Road, Kelvindale Every Tuesday and Thursday, 10-12noon during term time. Lots of ...
- Glasgow Cinema: Young Talent on Screen, GFT, 6 – 11 March, 2014 With ProjectAbility. www.project-ability.co.uk Free event but ticketed: Tickets available from Box Office on day of event. GFT, 12 Rose Street, Glasgow.
- Making Waves – Teaching Children to Swim, Glasgow Making Waves – Teaching Children to Swim Teaching Children from 3, our instructors are in the water with the early levels. Our lessons are structured and progressive and cater for the most unsure to the very competent. Lessons are in many locations, including Cleveden and Abercorn Secondary’s. Join our adult swim sessions at Cleveden Secondary! From ...
- Tall Tales at The Tron, children aged 3 to 5 years, 1st March, 2014 Tall Tales Saturday 1st March 2014 Book by phone FOR 3-5yrs Tall Tales gives your little ones the chance to explore, discover and experiment in a safe, creative and fun way. Workshops help to develop essential and desirable life skills and encourage imaginations to flourish and best of all, you get to join in too as all our pre-5 ...
- Tiny Tales at The Tron, Spring 2014 Tiny Tales Wednesday 26th February to Wednesday 19th March 2014 Booking information FOR 6 months-2yrs Tiny Tales gives your little ones the chance to explore, discover and experiment in a safe, creative and fun way. Workshops help to develop essential and desirable life skills and encourage imaginations to flourish and best of all, you get to join in ...
- Samba on a Saturday 2014, 8th and 15th March Samba on a Saturday 2014 Fresh from sell-out workshops at Celtic Connections this January there will now be two Samba on a Saturday afternoons. Come and try your hand at some fun and funky Brazilian Samba grooves. Beat the big bass surdos; try your hand at the speedy caixas (snare drums); join the melodic agogo and cowbells ...
- Aye Write Festival Glasgow 2014: An Hour with Julia Donaldson, 5th April, 5+ An Hour with Julia Donaldson 5 Apr 2014 • 10:30 A.M – 11:30 A.M • Mitchell Library, North Street, Glasgow Come and meet a singing mermaid, a misunderstood dinosaur, a worm with superpowers, and many other characters from Julia’s books. The award-winning children’s author and her brilliant cast will be acting out Julia’s stories and singing her songs, ...
- Future News: Conference for young people from across the Commonwealth Bringing together young people from across the Commonwealth. The Aye Write! Future News International Young Journalists’ Conference 14-16 April 2014. Part of the Glasgow 2014 Cultural Programme, starting 100 days before the Commonwealth Games begins. The conference will bring together up to 300 young people aged between 16-19 years old from over 14 countries including Jamaica, Malaysia, Mauritius, ...
- Mitchell Library: Alison Murray – Picture Book Making for all the Family 8th March, 2014 8 Mar 2014 • 2:30 P.M – 3:30 P.M • Mitchell Library A creative storytelling, art and craft session from Alison Murray. Alison Murray – Picture Book Making for all the Family Alison Murray is a Glasgow-based author and illustrator with over 180,000 books sold worldwide. Her latest delightful book follows Princess Penelope as she chases her ...
- Commonwealth Storytelling Session Mitchell Library 5 – 12 year olds. A River of Stories: Commonwealth Storytelling 8 Mar 2014 • 3:00 P.M – 4:00 P.M • Mitchell Library Hear stories from many traditions and cultures, with humour and music in the mix. A River of Stories: Commonwealth Storytelling Join Gerry Durkin for A River of Stories – A Commonwealth Storytelling session that will encourage and involve children to ...
- Hip Hop Hooligans Glasgow: dance for boys Since 2010, Hip Hop Hooligas have been offering a wide range of classes to aged 2 & upwards with a diffence…ONLY BOYS ALLOWED!!! Specialising in BREAKDANCE ● HIP HOP DANCE ● BODYPOPPIN’ We can be found in the following places: Partick Class – Annexe Healthy Living Centre, Stewartville Street Monday Nights 4pm – 5.45pm Govan Class – St Kenneths Church, ...
- Wee Write! Glasgow’s Book Festival for Children and Young People 2014 Part of Aye Write Festival 4-12 April 2014 Wee Write takes place 5 – 11 March, 2014 In 2014, for the first time ever, Glasgow will play host to Wee Write!, a new book festival for children and young people. The festival takes place from 5-11 March 2014, and is expected to see audiences of around 12,000 ...
- GFF: The Tall Ship Pete’s Dragon U The Tall Ship, Glasgow Harbour Saturday 1 March 2 p.m. ] Sat 01 Mar The Tall Ship 14.00 Buy tickets The captivating tale of an orphan boy called Pete and his friend Elliott, who just happens to be a nine-foot tall, bright green, magical dragon! Pete escapes his nasty adoptive parents with Elliott’s help, beginning a quest ...
- Broken Biscuits Club – Young Chefs in Glasgow Fishie on a dishie for budding Glasgow cooks Budding young chefs in Glasgow reeled in a treat on Saturday (15th February) when they cooked up a seafood feast with leading Edinburgh chef Brian Donkin. The group,including some members as young as five, were taking part in a class organised by a not-for-profit initiative, the Broken Biscuits Cookery ...
- Blairdardie Youth Event, Glasgow 4th March, 2014 Blairdardie Sports Pavilion 479 Blairdardie Road, G15 6JP 4th March, 7 – 9 p.m. 12 years+ All welcome: Wall climbing Gladiators Jewellery Making Football Training Dance Face Painting Music workshops Zumba DJ workshops and much more
- Monkey Drama – Drama for the early years. Glasgow West End Drama For The Early years Public Classes Come along for a FREE trial. Booking is essential to secure your place. Classes last for 45 minutes. You can buy a 4 week pass which is valid for 6 weeks or 8 week passes valid for 10 weeks. We offer a 10% sibling discount for block bookings. Public classes are ...
- Sasha-Kate Robb, Winner Scots Poetry Recital Championship, 2014. Hyndland School. “Eh’ma pizza, a magic pizza, bein’ stuck in the freezer’s a scunner..!” – was all the parents of Sasha-Kate heard for weeks and weeks as she practiced for her “Scots Poetry” school competition celebrating Rabbie Burns’ Day at Hyndland Primary School in Glasgow’s West End. Sasha-Kate, who is in P4, picked the poem called “The Magic ...
- Young Scotland: A Debate On Independence, The Arches, Glasgow Sunday Herald and The Arches presents Young Scotland: A Debate On Independence Sat 8 Feb 2014 | 2pm (1 hour 30 mins) | Free but ticketed Yes, no or irrelevant: what do young Scots make of the independence debate so far? Youth unemployment, low pay, student debt, unaffordable housing… There are big challenges ahead for young people, but ...
- Opportunity for Young People in Glasgow: Beyond The Finish Line Are you up for the Challenge? WHAT IS BEYOND THE FINISH LINE? Beyond The Finish Line is a one year programme to mobilise young people (16-30) in Glasgow to regenerate their local areas by setting up social enterprises to be tested throughout 2014. They want driven, dynamic young people to come up with social enterprise ideasthat respond to ...
- Exhibition: Model Rail Scotland, SECC, 21st – 23rd February, 2014 Model Rail Scotland 2014 is the biggest model railway show held in Scotland and is a must for every model railway enthusiast. Model Rail Scotland is a great day out for kids and grown ups. At Model Rail Scotland we have extensive trade support to meet all of your modelling needs, societies with ...
- Kids’ Comedy Club The Stand, Glasgow – Cowboy Max 2nd February The Stand Comedy Club presents a special Kids Comedy Club next weekend with Cowboy Max. Since you’ve previously booked to come to our monthly kids show, we thought we’d let you know about this Wild West extravaganza on Sunday 2nd February. This frontier-sized show consists of trick roping, whip and joke cracking, songs, and good old-fashioned values. ...
- Woodend Bowling Club Warriors Juniors Woodend Bowling and Tennis Club Glasgow Bring your kids along to have fun and try bowling. 1 – 2 p.m. Sundays Bowls Venue for 2014 Commonwealth Games 30 Chamberlain Road Jordanhill Glasgow G13 1QG Tel: 0141 959 1428 www.woodendbltc.co.uk/ Update – Open Day 23 April, 2016 Woodend Bowling Club Twitter Woodend Bowling Club Facebook email@example.com
- Just Dance Scottish Youth Theatre Just Dance Scottish Youth Theatre 18 Jan 2014 to 22 March 2014 – 2 p.m. Learn different dance styles and techniques while creating a piece of choreography. £85 http://www.scottishyouththeatre.org Scottish Youth Theatre The Old Sheriff Court 105 Brunswick Street, Glasgow, G1 1TF
- Scottish Youth Theatre Ensemble Performance Group Freckleface Strawberry The Musical If you have participated in at least one term at Scottish Youth Theatre’s weekly classes or you have other relevant experience, you are aged 11 to 14 and you would like to be part of a big musical theatre production in Easter 2014, then this is for you.This is an opportunity to ...
Peter Pan: The Never Ending Story
10 January 2014 7.00 p.m.to 12 January 2014 11.00 a.m.
A high-tech telling of the classic children’s play, including a flying Peter Pan sans wires. With a full bill of song and a cast comprised of acrobats, dancers, stuntmen and magicians, the show is an epic, over-the-top production starring Stacey Solomon (X Factor) as Tinker Bell.
Ticket prices: £20
The SSE Hydro Exhibition Way, Glasgow, G3 8YW
Eastwood Park Theatre
18 January 2014, 11 a.m.
An adventure with Wilma and William as they journey to find the elusive worm species. For 3 –7 year olds.
Ticket Prices: £5
From 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. Under 16s
Hello 2014 and all you lovely lovely Feevents Presents friends!!!
so…. who wants to play the rio cafe on MON 20th JAN? email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested xxx (under 18’s 6-8pm only) over 18’s welcome from 6pm also tho, infact, encouraged! these kids are stupendously talented and will make ye want tae up yer game! lol x
(Every 3rd Monday in the month)
Junior & Youth Parkour Classes Glasgow Parkour Coaching
Parkour is an exciting and challenging discipline based on running, jumping and climbing movement over obstacles. Work with Glasgow Parkour to improve your speed, strength and agility on our custom built Parkour equipment. These drop-in workshops are suitable for all levels of experience.
Juniors Class: 1.30pm – 3pm, ages 8 – 11
Youth Class: 3pm – 5pm, ages 12 – 18
The Tramway Youth Academy is the longest running youth-focused Parkour group in Scotland, led by the countries top practitioners. The class is a safe and fun starting point for any young people wishing to practice Parkour.
A completed consent form signed by a parent / guardian is required for all participants under 16. Forms are available from Tramway Box Office and website. Completed consent forms must be received before you book your first class.
Participants should wear comfortable clothing suitable for exercise and trainers. We recommend all participants bring a bottle of water.
Glasgow, G41 2PE
Carmichael Hall Eastwood Park Rouken Glen Road, Giffnock, G46 6UG
Oscar and the Highland Castle
25th January 2 – 4 p.m.
Scottish Mask and Puppet Centre
Scotland lies defeated and Robert the Bruce is hiding from the English. Oscar the mouse leaves his attic home and heads for Loch Ness where among the ruins of an old castle he joins Incy Wincy Spider’s campaign to free the castle.
Ticketw: £5.95, Children £5.75
Scottish Mask and Puppet Centre 8-10 Balcarres Avenue Kelvindale, Glasgow, G12 0QF
Glasgow Science Centre
25th January 11 a.m.
Build your own car and launch it off our Total Ramp-age ramp.
The further your car travels the higher your place on our leader board.
This workshop takes place on Floor 2.
Glasgow Science Centre 50 Pacific Quay, Glasgow, G51 1EA
For children from 6 years to teen from 26th October, 2013
Toy Hacking – Art of Junk:
Saturdays 10:30am – 12pm
A fun engaging workshop that introduces the principles of ‘The Circular Economy’. Transform your old toys with fun things like lights, foam, fabric, googly eyes, circuit bending and more!
At our Toy Hacking workshop, take apart old toys and create an “Art of Junk!” Use tools and scissors to take them apart, and use glue, tape, binders to put them together onto a cardboard canvas. We’ll have a collection of toys, craft foam, fabric, and assorted body parts to augment your sculptures. Bring your own toys to upcycle too and take home a canvas to hang on your wall!
Prices are £6.50/£5 for MAKlab Members
Wee Brush Bot workshop:
Saturdays 1pm -2:30pm
Make a wee creepy crawly. Mimicking nature is one of the best ways to build robots.
A fun hands on workshop teaching you how to make a cute mini bristle robot out of a brush, a DC motor and some batteries. You then add personality to your little creature by decorating them with bits of old junk toys, ogglie eyes and more.
Have fun watching your brush bot zoom about, race others! Attach pens, put paint on the bristles and create a scribble of art. The sky is the limit!
NOTE: Children under 16 must be accompanied by a participating adult
Prices are £7.50/£6.50 for MAKlab Members
The Lighthouse, 11 Mitchell Lane, Glasgow, G1 3NU, phone 0141 276 5373.
All the workshops are bookable at maklab.bigcartel.com
Rollerstop: Scotstoun Shakedown at Scotstoun
Until 26 September 2014
Sunday – 3 – 7 p.m.
Scotstoun Leisure Centre (Outdoor Hall)
Regular roller discos for grown-ups and the Shakedown for kids and families all around the Glasgow area including Sunday afternoons at Scotstoun.
Great fun. Though if it is a while since you skated – or are a complete beginner, take a lesson to remind yourself of the basics – to stay upright (bend your knees and lean slightly forward) and when that fails, how to fall safely (forward onto your hands). Kids will love it, especially the limbo in the middle (how low can you go).
£25.00 (Family pass with skate hire)
£15.00 (Family pass without skate hire – byos)
£8.00 (Adult + skate hire)
£5.00 (adult own skates)
£6.00 (child – skate hire)
£3.00 (child – bring your skates)
Child = U16
Scotstoun Leisure Centre,, 72 Danes Drive, Glasgow, G14 9HD
Govanhill Music Group
Occurs every week on Thursday 4:30pm – 5:30pm
Come along to discover and develop your musical skills from singing/song-writing to playing instruments – all musical abilities welcome! 12-16 years, every Thursday
Govanhill Neighbourhood Centre, 6 Daisy Street G42 8JL
Daytrips & Holidays
Victoria Park Kindergarten
Looking for a family run children’s nursery in the West End of Glasgow?
Someplace where your children will be educated in line with Curriculum for Excellence by staff who are are fully committed to providing a safe environment and where your child will also have fun. Then Victoria Park Kindergarten at 1228 Dumbarton Road is the place for you.
Established in 1998 by husband and wife team, Gillian and Brian Machaffie, the nursery is located in an architecturally designed, purpose built facility –
“We pride ourselves on our fantastic nursery space for your children”.
There are five separate rooms geared towards the needs of children in specific age ranges.
Things to do for kids in Glasgow
Jordanhill Bowling Club
Now accepting applications for junior section for next season ages 8 to 15 bowls and coaching is included £6 per year
112 Randolph Road, G11
On twitter @jordanhillbc
Govanhill Youth Group
Occurs every week on Thursday from 4th July 2013
6:00pm – 7:00pm
Come along, chill out and have fun! Take part in a variety of activities including pool, table tennis, drama, music, football, PS3 games, Arts & Crafts, board games and nail art! 13-18 years, every Thursday
Take this info with you
Govanhill Neighbourhood Centre, 6 Daisy Street, Glasgow G42 8JL
Until 1 April 2014
Glasgow Science Centre
Bodyworks is an exciting exhibition exploring how our bodies…work. Truly hands-on, visitors will get the chance to discover, through a whole range of activities, the science behind health and well-being. There will be plenty for kids (including snot and poo) to enjoy but lots for grown-ups too including blood-splatter analysis (Dexter without the serial killing) and how alcohol affects the body.
Situated on the 3rd floor of the Science Centre.
The exhibit is made up of research capsules where visitors can see cutting-edge developments in biomedical science from some of the leading research establishments. These will change and develop over time.
You can also explore and get stuck into 9 interactive zones
In addition there are two new shows for families in the Science Show theatre – Disgusting Digestion and Get Active. Youre At The Heart of It lets you star in your experiment where you measure your own physical and physiological characteristics and then compare it with others including sports stars.
Science Centre, G51 1EA
Open 10.00-5.00, 7 days a week.
Adults (16+) – £9.95, Child/Concs – £7.95 (ages 3-15 and over 60, students, unemployed). Under 3 – free
Funding to help give famlies and children a better start in life.
What is it?
The Communities and Families Fund is a grants programme funded jointly by the Scottish Government and the Big Lottery Fund in Scotland. The fund will support local projects that help families and communities give children the best start in life.
Organisations can apply for a grant of between £250 and £10,000 for a 12 month project that will meet at least one of the following outcomes:
West of Scotland Cricket Club – Juniors
JUNIOR NETS ARE BACK!
Indoor cricket sessions will start at West next week from Monday 28th January.
First Sessions will be: Mondays 6pm – 7.30pm for all up to U11s, Tuesdays 6pm – 7.30pm for U13s, and Wednesdays 6pm – 7.30pm for U15s and U18s.
For clarity, age groups are based on your age on 1st September last year. Eg Someone now 11 but who was still 10 on 1/9/12 is an U11 for season 2013.
We are always looking for new players so if you have pals/classmates (boys or girls) who might fancy cricket, please bring them along. They’ll be very welcome at all age groups.
Lastly, if any senior players/parents can spare a bit of time to help out at the sessions that would be much appreciated.
Any queries please contact Jim Young
0141 337 1199
Hamilton Crescent, Peel Street, Partick G11 5LU
Spy Mission Walking Trail
Glasgow Merchant City
Your mission: The dastardly Dr Weevil and his henchman Hamish have planted a bomb under Merchant Square intent on destroying the Glasgow landmark and throwing the city into disarray. Follow the trail of clues and find the code to disarm the bomb, ultimately saving the city from disaster!
The trail starts in George Square, leading you away from Merchant City, exploring Buchanan St, the River Clyde walkway and Glasgow Green before returning to Merchant City via St Andrews Aquare and through quaint little streets.
Clues for the mission are found on monuments, inscriptions and street signs along the way. A great opportunity for you to enjoy the shops, cafes and sights while keeping your kids entertained too!
The Tall Ship at Glasgow Harbour
Scotland’s Museum of Transport and Travel – Glasgow
The new home for Glasgow’s museum of transport
Experience Glasgow’s industrial heritage in a striking building designed by internationally renowned architect Zaha Hadid.
Many favourite exhibits from the old Museum of Transport are on show with twice as many exhibits than before.
The displays are bound to impress – with cars climbing the walls, bikes suspended from the ceiling and a train engine hovering from the mezzanine!
Interactive displays help you to find out everything you want to know about the collection.
The Street has been beautifully reconstructed with more shops open to visitors giving a fascinating insight into a typical Glasgow shopping street in the 1930s.
You can even climb into a subway carriage to see what travelling on the ‘Clockwork Orange’ would have been like back then.
Victoria Park Kindergarten
Looking for a family run children’s nursery in the West End of Glasgow?
Someplace where your children will be educated in line with Curriculum for Excellence by staff who are are fully committed to providing a safe environment and where your child will also have fun. Then Victoria Park Kindergarten at 1228 Dumbarton Road is the place for you.
Established in 1998 by husband and wife team, Gillian and Brian Machaffie, the nursery is located in an architecturally designed, purpose built facility –
“We pride ourselves on our fantastic nursery space for your children”.
There are five separate rooms geared towards the needs of children in specific age ranges.
Parent and Toddler groups on Monday and Friday mornings at Wellington Church, University Avenue 10am-12pm for 0- 3 year olds (booking essential)
Playgroup Mon-Thursday mornings 9.35-11.30am at the Scout Hall, Kelbourne St for pre-school age (3 – 5 year olds) (booking essential)
Rainbow Dreams Day Nursery
Specialising in working with children aged between 2 and 5 years old. Refurbished early 2013, the nursery:
- Promotes active learning
- Provides stimulating activities that are both planned and child led
- Utilises a spacious outdoor area to develop health and wellbeing
- It is registered with SCSWIS and implements the Scottish Government\’s Pre-Birth to Three and Curriculum for Excellence agendas.
All staff are highly qualified and motivated, ensuring children feel nurtured, respected and valued in their surroundings.
Open 50 weeks of the year including bank holidays.
Young Driver Driving lessons for 11-17 year olds
Until 9 October 2013
Pollokshields Youth Group
Every Friday 6:00pm – 8:30pm
Come along, chill out and have fun! Take part in a variety of activities including pool, table tennis, drama, music, football, PS3 games, Arts & Crafts, board games and nail art! 10 – 18 years, every Friday
Pollokshields Community Centre, 15 Kenmure Street, Glasgow G41 2NT
Braehead Shopping Centre, Glasgow
Get behind the wheel of a brand new, dual control, SEAT Ibiza. Driving lessons take place at 15 venues nationwide, where government approved driving instructors teach youngsters how to drive in a safe environment. Youngsters learn how to start, stop, steer, reverse and change gear on a specially constructed course, designed to simulate real life road scenarios.
Supported by police forces, The Duke of Edinburgh\’s Award and the Institute of Advanced Motorists, Young Driver offers a fun, confidence building experience whilst encouraging good driving in young people.
Lessons cost £29.99 for 30 minutes driving and £57.99 for 60 minutes.
More information: 0844 371 9010
Sessions run from 10am until 16:30pm.
£29.99 for 30 minutes driving – £57.99 for 60 minutes.
Strathclyde Country Park
Amazonia – a unique place for fun and learning for all ages.
Adventure in the Amazon with Parrots, toucans, monkeys, snakes, bats, tarantulas, leaf cutter ants, tropical birds, butterflies, caiman crocodiles and giant millipedes.
Ages 1 to 15
Times 10am – 6pm
Prices Adults (16 years+) £5.95Child £4.50Children under 3 enter free when accompanied by a paying adult.
01698 333 777
Strathclyde Country Park, 366 Hamilton Road, Motherwell
Free Spanish lasses for Parents and Toddlers
Wednesdays – 1 p.m. – 2 p.m.
Knightswood Community Centre – Glasgow
Free Spanish classes for parents and toddlers
Clan Macondo was founded by Maritza Rodriguez, a Columbian graduate of Hispanic studies and specialist in Columbian music, dance and language. Maritza\’s desire to promote Columbian culture stems from her appreciation of her warm welcome from Scottish culture and people.
It has been proven that the best time to learn a foreign language is at an early age so Martiza is holding free weekly classes for parents and pre 5\’s to learn Spanish. Called “Wiggle and Giggle”, let your wee ones learn Spanish in a fun new way!
Knightswood Community Centre, 201 Alderman Road, Glasgow, G13 3DD
Phone:0141 959 9419
Activities for Families
Glasgow G1 5HD
AMF Ten Pin Bowling
Springfield Quay, Glasgow
Indoor Bowling. Offer a safe and exciting environment for kids, with bumpers and ramps for the younger members, plus a variety of amusements for older children.
10am – late
Family of four including 2 kids from £26 Ages 3 – 15
Telephone 0844 826 3015
amf bowling website
Scottish Youth Theatre
The Old Sheriff Court, 105 Brunswick Street, Glasgow, G1 1TF
Glasgow Film: Pop-Up! Programmers
CCA, 350 Sauchiehall Street, G2 3JD
Thursday 6 December 2012 – Thursday 27 March 2014(not Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays)
7:00pm : FREE
Ages: 18 and over
Call the CCA Box Office on 0141 352 4900
Start time indicative – further details to be announced.
A new creative training programme for 18-24 year-olds, funded by Young Start
Pop-Up! is for 18-24 year-olds who want to make film events happen in their communities. You don\’t need prior experience to take part, just commitment, some time and a love of cinema.
Kid Bee Happy
Fernanda Piza and Kids Bee Happy Glasgow provide an excellent resource for all types of events where children require entertainment. Whether this be at private functions, such as birthday parties and weddings, or school fayres, festivals or charity events, the activities she provides make these events very enjoyable for the youngsters.
Children aged from four upwards have a lot of fun and get the chance to express themselves creatively through sandpainting. They love having their own work of art, which they are proud to display, and while they are enjoying themselves their parents can relax in the knowledge that the kids are happy and engrossed.
Always try to telephone to check as times and venues change
First Touch Football
First Touch Football is a new football coaching programme.
Kicking off in Glasgow\’s West they offer quality coaching services to children wanting to play the beautiful game whether for fun, extra-training or as a career!
First Touch was founded to improve the quality of football in Scotland by getting your child involved and enjoy football from a young age, irrespective of ability.
Bearsden Academy,Stockiemuir Road, Bearsden
Explore! at Riverside
There\’s so much to see at Riverside, and now there\’s even more for children to do!
Riverside Museum, 100 Pointhouse Place Glasgow G3 8RS
Tel: 0141 287 2660
Every Saturday and Sunday afternoon, come along to join drop-in activities led by our learning and access team, or pick up and follow self-led trails to discover the museum in a whole new way.
AMF Ten Pin Bowling
Springfield Quay, Glasgow
Indoor Bowling. Offer a safe and exciting environment for kids, with bumpers and ramps for the younger members, plus a variety of amusements for older children.
10am – late
Family of four including 2 kids from £26 Ages 3 – 15
Telephone 0844 826 3015
amf bowling website
Scottish Youth Theatre
The Old Sheriff Court, 105 Brunswick Street, Glasgow, G1 1TF
Family Friendly Tour and Activities
Glasgow Museums Resource Centre
Ages – 5 to 11
Free – Drop-in – no ticket required
Visitors usually have to book visits to Glasgow Museums Resource Centre, but we also run regular family afternoons that do not require advance booking.
Join us for drop-in activities and short family-friendly tours at 1pm and 2pm. Places on the tours are limited – first come, first served.
Telephone:0141 276 9300
Parent and Toddlers Group Heart of Scotstoun
Community Centre, 64 Balmoral Street Glasgow G14 0HB
The group runs on a Friday from 10am til 12pm and on a Monday as of the 30th of April, 2012 from 12pm til 2pm.
Run entirely by volunteers – Free for anyone to come along.
Gymboree Play and Music West End
Play and Learn Classes for Pre-school Children
Opens April 2012 at Anniesland Methodist Church,213 Bearsden Road G13 1DH .
A unique combination of music, movement, props and imaginary play to create a world where children learn, thrive and most importantly have fun!
Through engaging age-appropriate activities, Gymboree helps children learnthe concepts, skills and tasks needed to set a solid foundation for school and life success with its well-rounded programme touching upon the physical,social, emotional and cognitive development of young children.
Nominated in the 2012 \’What\’s on for Little One\’s\’ Awards
Winner of Best National Pre-schooler Development Activity 2011 and 2009
The Language Hub
The Language Hub Ltd (SC398135) is a Glasgow based language school offering innovative and fun modern language classes for children keen on learning a new language and also providing language support classes for bilingual children.
Classes are available for children between the ages of 6 months and 11 years; see website for details: www.thelanguagehub.co.uk
For more information contact Michle Gordon (director) email@example.com or Telephone: 07505144476
Hunterian Zoology Museum,University of Glasgow, ,Graham Kerr Building Glasgow G12 8QQ
Kelvingrove Art Gallery & Museum
0141 276 9599
Acting Up! Drama Sessions for Children and Young People
CCA, 350 Sauchiehall Street
Call the CCA Box Office on 0141 352 4900
With the exception of the school holidays, CCA offers competitively priced drama classes every Saturday for kids taken by accomplished writer and actor Clare Hemphill and her team of energetic assistants! There is also an excellent annual show for each age-group, featuring the childrens\’ own ideas which are recorded onto DVD as a permanent keep-sake.
All CCA classes are exciting, fun and innovative, working on the children\’s self esteem and confidence as well as their creativity and acting ability. It is also a wonderful place to meet new friends and have fun. Give your child an affordable but educational weekly treat!
Email or text or phone 07974270053.
German Speaking Kinderclub Glasgow
We are a German speaking mother and toddler group, we meet every monday at the Hillhead Parish Church Hall at 10:00 a.m. till 12:00 noon.
We provide a German speaking environment for parents and their children. Mums and Dads can meet up and speak their own language (or in some cases practise a second language). If you want to get in touch send an email to Petra firstname.lastname@example.org.
Garscube Community Playrooms
Manresa Place (between Garscube Rd and St Georges Rd)
Activities for 0-5 year olds
3 large playroooms including a soft play room
painting* water play* craft table*
£1 and it\’s open from 9.30am to 3.30pm
German Speaking Kinderclub Glasgow
We are a German speaking mother and toddler group, we meet every monday at the Hillhead Parish Church Hall at 10:00 a.m. till 12:00 noon.
We provide a German speaking environment for parents and their children. Mums and Dads can meet up and speak their own language (or in some cases practise a second language). If you want to get in touch send an email to Petra email@example.com.
Evolve Academy is a new and innovative drama school based in the heart ofGlasgow. We provide expert tuition in drama and performance and arecommitted to working with our members every step of the way throughout theirdevelopment journey. Our courses are student orientated and we alwaysstrive to promote a hands on and motivational approach.
We are always on the look out for fabulous people aged 7- 17 to join ourfriendly team and participate in our various classes, projects andperformances. Like what you hear so far? This is only the start of it!
For further information contact:firstname.lastname@example.org
The Zest Programme
Providing a wide range of activities for kids to try during the school holidays. Including: Things to do for 5 – 18 year olds in Glasgow during the holidays. Look out for activities taking place in venues across the city, including libraries, museums, sports centres, pools, community centres, and out and about in your area. Lots of events for families too.
More information – Zest website
Hillhead Toddler Group
Fun play and arts and crafts activities at Hillhead Church, Observatory Road< ,/p>
Tuesdays – 10am – 12am
Thursdays – 10am – 12am
Cost £1.50 per family
A programme of events to celebrate Five years of the children\’s garden
Hillhead Children\’s Garden is in The Botanic Gardens, Queen Margaret Drive, G12. You will find it next to the Play Area.
What is it? -Hillhead Children\’s Garden is for kids to find out that growing fruit, vegetables and salad is fun and the stuff tastes good.
How does it work?-Children plant seeds, water, grow on and harvest the plants. We also do sports and arts activities. Kids are supervised by adults but this space is kid\’s space. Children must be accompanied by adults.
Who is it for? -For children and their families from Hillhead area or those visiting. It is also available to be booked for school and children\’s groups, to do activities.
Sing and Sign Classes for Babies
Partick Burgh Hall
The original UK baby signing programme. Help your baby to communicate before speech with our award winning music programme which combines action songs, rhymes and gestures derived from sign language. The use of puppets, props and musical intruments make our classes an exciting journey of discovery and learning that you and your baby will look forward to every week. It\’s fun and easy! Boost your baby\’s speech and language development.
Other classes also available.
Winner of Best Baby Signing Class 2008 and Best Activity for Under 2\’s 2007 – come and join us to see why.
Contact: Jayne Rooney at 0141 616 2460, email@example.com
Swimming for tots
We teach children from age 3 in the pool at Cleveden Secondary.
Booking opening for the new term from Monday 10th of December.
Scottish Mask and Puppet Theatre Centre
8-10 Balcarres Avenue, Glasgow G120QF
Bookings: 0141 339 6185
Are you 0-3 years old? Why not come along and join in the fun on Tuesday and Thursday mornings 10am to 11.45am in the Large Hall of St John\’s Renfield Church, Kelvindale. Just remember to bring an grown up with you!
Fun with music from the leading children\’s music group!
Jo Jingles provides your child with a fun introduction to music with age-specific classes starting from 6mths through to 5years. Classes last for 45 mins and are held weekly (term-time) in \’The Annexe\’, Stewartville Street, Partick.
Over 20,000 children attend Jo Jingles across the UK every week.
For more information on Jo Jingles and other classes in the Glasgow North area please visit www.jojingles.co.uk/glasgownorth
Please phone in advance to check availability in your desired class on 0141 587 7942.
Jo Jingles is also available for Parties and attends Nurseries.
We are the Anchor Boys of the 5th Glasgow Boys Brigade. We are looking for boys in P1-P3 to join us on a Thursday evening from 6.15pm to 7.30pm in St John\’s Renfield Church Hall, Beaconsfield Road, Kelvindale. There will be lots of games, crafts and most importantly FUN!!!! Contact Wendy Watt on 0141 589 1864 to find out more or just come along on Thursday.
Sail Back in Time
Mondays – Fridays
Sail back in time to 110 years ago when the SV Glenlee took her maiden voyage. Meet some of her crew and explore the ships.
Suitable for all ages. 0141 222 2513 Admission applies: £4.95 (£3.95) www.thetallship.com
is running an early years music programme for children ages 0-7 on Sunday afternoons – call 0141 332 4101 for onfo and to register for next term
Story Telling and Craft Workshops
Jam at the University of Glasgow
Helps parents meet up with other parents who use slings around the UK. Monthly meetings – Check slingmeet website for locations and dates.
Do any of the following describe you?
*You want to carry your baby while you carry on other activities
*You want to buy a carrier but you\’re not quite sure which one
*You have a carrier but have not had much luck getting a comfortable fit
*You\’ve never used a baby carrier but wouldn\’t mind trying
*You are an experienced \’baby wearer\’ and you would like to share your experience
Then come and meet us!
Sports coaching for 3-9 year olds
Hyndland Community Centre
Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays
classes teach children 8 different ball sports
along with fun ball games
more info Hazel Kennedy 07921 268 063
or visit http://www.enjoy-a-ball.com
Stewartville Street, Partick
Arts and Crafts Sessions
for 3-5 year olds
each session is designed to allow children to explore different themes and express themselves through a range of creative media.Let your child develop their imagination and creative skills
For more info & to prebook call Jill on 07932 628155
TinyTalk Baby Signing Classes
Hyndland Community Hall, Novar Drive
Learn to communicate with your baby before they can talk with singing, signing and playtime. Social time is included where refreshments are provided.
Mondays 11-12noon during term time for 0-2 year olds.
Hyndland Toddler Group
Hyndland Community Hall Novar Drive
Meets Tuesdays and Thursdays 10 – 11.30am
more info from firstname.lastname@example.org
Partick Community Players
The Annexe, Stewartville Street, Partick
Creative Drama Workshops
Thursdays 6.30-8pm 10-15yr olds
tel 0141 579 5561 to enrol
Fridays 5-6.30 5-9yr olds
no enrolment – just turn up!
more info email Alison Reid email@example.com
Hillhead Childrens\’ Garden
to encourage young people to think about healthy eating and where their food comes from. The garden on a 350sq metre plot is open to the public and cultivated by pupils from local schools. Council horticultural apprentices lead the way.
Glasgow Science Centre
Live shows every day
for an extra £2 on your Centre ticket
you can visit the Scottish Power Space Theatre
See a night sky as it should be seen
for a full Science Centre programme & bookings tel: 0141 420 5000
or visit http://www.gsc.org.uk
every Wed 10.30-11.30
Bounce and Tickle
for under 2\’s
*stories *rhymes *songs *and fun
The Tall Ship at Glasgow Harbour
The only Clydebuilt sailing ship still afloat in the UK
Events programme from 0141 222 2513
or visit http://www.thetallship.com
Admission £4.50/£3.25 Children £2.50 or one child FREE with each paying adult
Twins and Multiples Club
Glasgow West End contact Lisa Sandford 0141 334 2482 or 07720 448 718
or email Chris.Lisa.Sandford@ukgateway.net
Football Development Programme
Glasgow City Council run a huge programme
from 3-4 year old mini kickers through all ages
WestEnd venues are Scotstoun Leisure Centre, for a programme tel 0141 287 5902
or visit firstname.lastname@example.org
every Thursday 10am – 12noon Parent & Toddler Group
Stewartville Street Annexe in Partick
more info 0141 357 6747
Go and hear some Monstrously Good Stories
at Hillhead Library
every Fri at 3.30pm
Juvenile Pipe Band
based at Knightswood Community Centre
on Alderman Road
looking for new members aged 8-18!
expert tuition given for drummers and pipers
tuition fees are an incredible £1 per night!
and the annual membership is £15
for more info email Mary at: email@example.com
or phone her on 01475 540720 after 6pm and at weekends
Mondays 11-12noon Wednesdays 1-2 Fridays 10-11 & 11-12noon
Scotstoun Leisure Centre Danes Drive
Swim classes for babies of six months to toddlers of 5 years
no need to book just take yourself along with your wean
trained coaches encourage you with games, songs and splashes
Friday 1-3pm you need to book this one
Scotstoun Leisure and Recreation Centre: 0141 276 1620
Children\’s Aikido Classes every Saturday 10.30-12noon
with John McGill in the Stewartville Street Annexe
5 – 15 years Sundays 12.30 – 1.30 in the Kelvin Hall
for more info 0141 357 2525
Le Club Picoti
Rencontres enfants (de 0 a 5 ans)
mamans, et papas francophones et francophiles
Tous les mercredis de 10 h a midi
Hillhead Parish Church Hall, Observatory Road
Chansons-Jeux Activites Manuelles
Contacter Veronique au 0141 942 3192 ou Pascale 0141 552 7814
This section: Uncategorized
Filed under: Uncategorized
- About (3)
- Accommodation (9)
- American Restaurants (3)
- Architecture (7)
- archived (1)
- Art & artists Glasgow West End (114)
- Art – what's on (501)
- Astrology Blog by Anne Whitaker (8)
- Aye Write Book Festival 2017 (31)
- Aye Write Book Festival 2019 (45)
- Aye Write Glasgow's Book Festival 2017 (31)
- Aye Write! Book Festival 2018 (31)
- Aye Write! Glasgow's Book Festival 2014 (32)
- Aye Write! Glasgow's Book Festival 2015 (30)
- Aye Write! Glasgow's Book Festival 2016 (42)
- Bar Stool Philosopher (10)
- Beauty (2)
- Best In The West (31)
- Black History Month Glasgow (3)
- Bob Law: photographer, walker and writer (33)
- Book and Event Reviews (9)
- Books, Talks, Poetry Events (1,541)
- Burns Day Celebrations 2017 (6)
- Burns Events (40)
- Burns Night Glasgow 2015 (12)
- Business Directory (7)
- Business services (3)
- Byres Road New Developments (2)
- Cafes and Bistros (20)
- Calum Maclean – poet and aspiring writer (27)
- Cards and Home Accessories (7)
- Celtic Connections 2014 (14)
- Celtic Connections 2015 (10)
- Celtic Connections 2016 (17)
- Celtic Connections 2017 (15)
- Celtic Connections 2018 Glasgow's winter music festival (12)
- Celtic Connections 2019 (9)
- Centre for Open Studies, University of Glasgow (46)
- Chris Del Balso's Travel Blog (3)
- Christina Byrne (5)
- Christmas in Glasgow (280)
- Christmas in Glasgow 2016 – festive menus, shows, shopping. (67)
- Christmas Menus 2018 (9)
- Christmas Menus Glasgow 2016 (4)
- Christmas Menus Glasgow 2017 (8)
- Christmas Menus Glasgow Restaurants 2013 (5)
- Christmas Menus Glasgow West End 2015 (6)
- Christmas Poems , Stories and Winter Tales (39)
- Christmas Shopping in Glasgow (63)
- Cinema (2,387)
- Clare's West End Business Blog (1)
- Classes and Workshops (120)
- Clubs in Glasgow (3)
- Comment (1)
- Community event (49)
- Community Groups and Charities (8)
- Courses (28)
- Dance (107)
- David Howat's Glasgow Property Blog: Sales in the City (1)
- Delicatessans (2)
- Designer Jewellery Glasgow (1)
- Dougie Baird Travel Writers Blog (2)
- Dresses for special occasions (1)
- Eating and drinking Glasgow West End (196)
- Eco friendly (1)
- European Restaurants (4)
- Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers (1,578)
- Eyecare (2)
- Festival 2018 (6)
- Film reviews (4)
- Film Reviews (2)
- Film Reviews by Calum Maclean (17)
- Fiona Alderman blogging from The Salignac Foundation France (70)
- Firework Displays Glasgow (1)
- Fireworks Displays in Glasgow 2015 (9)
- Flat for sale (1)
- Food banks (7)
- French Restaurants (2)
- Galleries (37)
- Gallery (4)
- Get Fit with Personal Trainer Paul Rutherford (5)
- Gifts (12)
- Gig Guide (1,204)
- Glasgow Botanic Gardens Bicentenary 1817 – 2017 (6)
- Glasgow Commonwealth Games 2014 (31)
- Glasgow Film Festival 2014 (20)
- Glasgow Film Festival 2015 (26)
- Glasgow Film Festival 2016 (27)
- Glasgow Film Festival 2017 (26)
- Glasgow Film Festival 2017 (9)
- Glasgow Film Festival 2018 (21)
- Glasgow Film Festival 2019 (30)
- Glasgow Hogmanay (12)
- Glasgow International (3)
- Glasgow international (6)
- Glasgow International (3)
- Glasgow International 2016 (14)
- Glasgow International Comedy Festival (6)
- Glasgow International Comedy Festival 2014 (8)
- Glasgow International Comedy Festival 2017 (7)
- Glasgow international Comedy Festival 2018 (2)
- Glasgow International Festival April 2014 (14)
- Glasgow Jazz Festival (3)
- Glasgow LGBT (8)
- Glasgow Science Festival (11)
- Glasgow St Patrick's Day 2015 (8)
- Glasgow West End Local characters (15)
- gorbals (2)
- Gordon McCracken (Made In Maryhill) Photographs of Glasgow (2)
- Guide (8)
- Hallowe'en in Glasgow (79)
- Halloween in Glasgow 2015 (15)
- Halloween in Glasgow 2016 (16)
- Health and Fitness (8)
- Helen Rose Hillwalking Diary (61)
- Helen St. Helen (5)
- Hogmanay Glasgow (10)
- Ian Mitchell (6)
- Indian Restaurants (14)
- interior design (12)
- International Restaurants (1)
- International Womens Day (6)
- International Womens Day 2017 (6)
- International Womens Day Glasgow 2015 (4)
- Italian Restaurants (12)
- James Christie Blog (17)
- Jane Sweeney: Blogging about Glasgow and its hidden gems. (4)
- Jill Creighton's Blog: A Wry Guide to (Mid)Life (4)
- Jim and Pat's West End Chat (3)
- Jim Byrne's forgotten life (3)
- Jim's Acoustic Music Blog (15)
- Jim's West End Photography Diary (67)
- Joiners Corner (30)
- Kids and young people (406)
- Kilimanjaro Climb for Marie Curie (6)
- Leela Soma writing and blogging (14)
- LGBT Glasgow (44)
- LGBT History Month (6)
- Local Businesses Glasgow: Latest Deals, Offers and Discounts (2)
- Local Projects (2)
- Lola Rose: aspiring writer (5)
- Love Poems, Stories and Tales from Glasgow writers (31)
- Maggie Graham's Page (3)
- Markets (2)
- Mary Irvine: Writer and Philhellene (114)
- maryhill (1)
- Maryhill and Possilpark Citizens Advice Bureau (2)
- Memoir (2)
- Menus (6)
- Merchant City Festival (22)
- Merchant City Festival 2014 (18)
- Merchant City Festival 2015 (8)
- Mexican Restaurants (2)
- Mother's Day Gifts (12)
- Mothers' Day (13)
- Muriel Spark Centenary Celebrations (3)
- Music (9)
- Music Reviews (25)
- North Kelvin Meadow and Children's Wood, Glasgow (29)
- Online Marketing (2)
- Opticians (1)
- Pamela Banchetti (3)
- Pantos and Christmas Shows in Glasgow (55)
- Pantos and Christmas Shows in Glasgow 2016 (19)
- Partick Folk Club (3)
- Pat's Home Page Blog (225)
- Pauline Keightley (40)
- People: Local Glasgow West End Characters (42)
- Photography (33)
- Poems and Stories for Autumn (5)
- Poetry (23)
- Property (1)
- Pub Quiz Nights (2)
- Rabbie Burns Day Events in Glasgow 2014 (9)
- Rachelle Atalla: Film Reviews (2)
- Rae McGreevy Fundraising for MYLOL (3)
- Recruitment (1)
- Rotten English Podcast (3)
- Russian (1)
- Sara McQueen: blogging about Glasgow (1)
- Scenes from Highland Life (3)
- Scottih Book Week Glasgow Events 2016 (9)
- Scottish Restaurants (13)
- Sean's trip to glasgow (1)
- Seasonal Stories and Poems by Glasgow Writers (15)
- Shipbuilding on the Clyde (1)
- Shoes (1)
- Shopping (95)
- Situations Vacant Glasgow West Ebd (1)
- Situations Vacant Glasgow West End (6)
- Southside Festival 2015 (4)
- Southside Festival Fringe 2016 (11)
- Southside Film Festival (31)
- Southside Film Festival 2013 (2)
- Southside Fringe (2)
- Southside Fringe 2014 (5)
- Southside Fringe Festival 2015 (3)
- Sport, Walks, Cycling in Glasgow (94)
- Star Folk Club (32)
- Starchild (21)
- Stephen Watt, Poet. (15)
- stories and poems (41)
- Street Food Glasgow (3)
- Stuart Paterson: Writer's Blog (5)
- Sweet or sharp summer stories and poems (6)
- Ten Writers Telling Lies (13)
- The Lucky Break Clydebank (5)
- The Referendum and Scottish Politics (7)
- The Scottish Mental Health Arts and Film Festival (1)
- Travel (38)
- Trip to Paris (1)
- Uncategorized (1)
- Unusual West End Facts (1)
- upcycling (1)
- Valentina Galdi Words Unsaid (4)
- Valentine's Day Glasgow 2016 (25)
- Valentine's Day Glasgow Gifts (3)
- Valentine's Day in Glasgow 2014 (11)
- Valentine's Day in Glasgow 2017 (17)
- Valentines Day Glasgow (19)
- video (1)
- Vintage and Retro Clothing (10)
- Walks (7)
- Walks in Glasgow (3)
- Weddings (27)
- Weddings Glasgow (27)
- West End Festival 2014 (59)
- West End Festival 2015 (39)
- West End Festival 2016 (49)
- West End Festival 2017 (40)
- West End Festival Glasgow (80)
- West End Miscellany (1)
- What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more (3,108)
- What's on Glasgow: Students (61)
- What's on in Glasgow: Theatre and Comedy (558)
- Winter 2014 (2)
- Woodlands Community Garden (70)
- writers (47)
- Writing (70)
- Writing for the Festive Season (10)
- Writing for the Festive Season 2015 (5)