Recoat Gallery celebrates its Fifth Birthday
Unlucky for Some
Recoat Gallery is proud to celebrate its 5th Birthday with “Unlucky For Some”, launching on the same date they opening, Friday 13th July.
Opens: Friday 13th July 2012
Runs: Saturday 14th July till Sunday 12th August 2012
Open from Tuesday to Sunday 12pm- 6pm
Free Entry Contact Information: Amy Whiten or Alistair Wyllie Tel: 0141 341 00 69 Mob: 07968 252 454
On Friday 13th July 2012 Recoat will present “Unlucky For Some”, a group exhibition to celebrate 5 years of exhibitions, mural projects, workshops and artist’s tours.
In honour of the date they have selected 13 artists to exhibit, an eclectic mix of the different styles they show, from illustration and graphic art to street art and abstract painting. Some of the artists have shown with the gallery before, some of the artists have been selected as the gallery hopes to work with them more in the future. “Unlucky For Some” will be a look back and forward at Recoat’s journey.
Participants include the likes of Scottish artist’s Kirsty Whiten and Anna King, and international, abstract painters, Moneyless, She One and Remi Rough.
Numbers, the Glasgow born Club Night and Record Label share the gallery’s date of birth, and so the two are partnering up and the DJs will play a pre-club set at the gallery before playing at their party event at Chambre 69 after the launch. They are also doing a limited edition screen-printed goody bag with a Numbers design on one side and a Recoat design on the other, 10 will be given away to the first 10 visitors to each event.
The show opens from 7-10pm on 13th July and will then run until the 12th of August.
List Of Artists:
- Andrew Wightman – www.andrewwightman.com/
- Anna King – www.anna-king.com/
- Bernie Reid
- FiST- ichbinfist.com/
- Jamie Johnson – jamie-johnson.co.uk/
- Kirsty Whiten – www.flickr.com/photos/kirstywhiten/sets/
- Konx-om-Pax – konx-on=Pax facebook
- Moneyless – www.moneyless.it/
- Nom Kinnear King – nomkinnearking.com/
- Rekor Remi Rough – remirough.com/
- She One – www.blackatelier.com/
- Syrkus – www.facebook.com/syrkusart
This section: Uncategorized
Filed under: Uncategorized
- Glasgow West End: Glasgow Film Festival, Aye Write!, Valentine’s Day and Creative Conversations
- Queer Classics Film Festival, CCA, 25– 26 May, 2018
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 7 June, 2018
- Hillhead Bookclub Restaurant review Pat Byrne
- The Sparkle Horse Baby Disco
- Western Infirmary Public Meeting, University of Glasgow
- Kingsbsborough Sanctuary Open Day
- Fiesta x Fold Festival, Kelvingrove Park, Glasgow 2018
- The First Dance, A Play, A Pie and A Pint
- Charles Rennie Mackintosh Design: House For An Art Lover – Photo Gallery
- Light Up Gaza, Fundraiser, Glasgow
- Big Feed Street Food Special, Govan
- Family Fun Day, Hillhead Tennis Club, 20 May, 2018
- RFN Secret Cinema Sunday, CCA, Glasgow
- Weird Weekend Matchbox Cineclub CCA
- RFN68 Salute, CCA Glasgow
- Radical Film Network Scotland RFN68, CCA
- Concrete Soldiers Scottish Premiere of Documentary, Kinning Park Complex, Glasgow
- A Cambodian Spring, Glasgow Film Theatre
- NT Live: Macbeth,Glasgow Film Theatre
- A Quiet Place, Glasgow Film Theatre