Recoat Gallery celebrates its Fifth Birthday
Unlucky for Some
Recoat Gallery is proud to celebrate its 5th Birthday with “Unlucky For Some”, launching on the same date they opening, Friday 13th July.
Opens: Friday 13th July 2012
Runs: Saturday 14th July till Sunday 12th August 2012
Open from Tuesday to Sunday 12pm- 6pm
Free Entry Contact Information: Amy Whiten or Alistair Wyllie Tel: 0141 341 00 69 Mob: 07968 252 454
On Friday 13th July 2012 Recoat will present “Unlucky For Some”, a group exhibition to celebrate 5 years of exhibitions, mural projects, workshops and artist’s tours.
In honour of the date they have selected 13 artists to exhibit, an eclectic mix of the different styles they show, from illustration and graphic art to street art and abstract painting. Some of the artists have shown with the gallery before, some of the artists have been selected as the gallery hopes to work with them more in the future. “Unlucky For Some” will be a look back and forward at Recoat’s journey.
Participants include the likes of Scottish artist’s Kirsty Whiten and Anna King, and international, abstract painters, Moneyless, She One and Remi Rough.
Numbers, the Glasgow born Club Night and Record Label share the gallery’s date of birth, and so the two are partnering up and the DJs will play a pre-club set at the gallery before playing at their party event at Chambre 69 after the launch. They are also doing a limited edition screen-printed goody bag with a Numbers design on one side and a Recoat design on the other, 10 will be given away to the first 10 visitors to each event.
The show opens from 7-10pm on 13th July and will then run until the 12th of August.
List Of Artists:
- Andrew Wightman – www.andrewwightman.com/
- Anna King – www.anna-king.com/
- Bernie Reid
- FiST- ichbinfist.com/
- Jamie Johnson – jamie-johnson.co.uk/
- Kirsty Whiten – www.flickr.com/photos/kirstywhiten/sets/
- Konx-om-Pax – konx-on=Pax facebook
- Moneyless – www.moneyless.it/
- Nom Kinnear King – nomkinnearking.com/
- Rekor Remi Rough – remirough.com/
- She One – www.blackatelier.com/
- Syrkus – www.facebook.com/syrkusart
This section: Uncategorized
Filed under: Uncategorized
- Aye Write! 2018 Jackie Kay – Bantam
- Aye Write! 208 Louise Welsh Introduces Laura Carlin & Imogen Hermes Gowar
- Aye Write! 2018 Celebration of writing from community-based literacy and creative learners
- Graeme Macrae Burnet Aye Write! 2018
- Fiona Alderman blogging from rural France: A new year in France
- Seven Song Club The Wellgreen / Secret Goldfish / Cara Rose, The Tron
- Soul Bowl, Jordanhill Bowling Club, 27 January, 2018
- Lisa Kowalski at King Tut’s
- Celebrate Burns Day at Eusebi, Park Road
- The Primevals, The Reverse Cowgirls and The Kundalini Genie, Seven Song Club
- Poet JL Williams – Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- can’t take my eyes off you – ProjectAbility
- Save £4 Ticket Offer- The Creative Craft Show and The Scottish Quilting Show
- The Post,GFT
- Lover for a Day, GFT
- Cinemaattic presents Psiconautas + Q&A at CCA, Glasgow
- In Conversation with Cecilia Stenbom, CCA, Glasgow
- Mount Florida Screenings, CCA
- Lola in Slacks + special guests, CCA
- Fukushima Mon Amour, GFT