What Does the Tenement Mean to You? New Glasgow Society September 14 – September 19, 2015
What Does the Tenement Mean to You?
September 14 – September 19, 2015
10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
A week-long exhibition and an evening of talks, performances and literary readings celebrating its place in the past, present and future of the city.
New Glasgow Society – www.newglasgowsociety.org/
(New Glasgow Society, 1307 Argyle Street, Glasgow G3 8TL)
What Does the Tenement Mean to You?: A collaboration between The Glasgow Tenement project and New Glasgow Society.
‘The tenement is woven into the fabric of Glasgow…’ (Frank Arneil Walker)
The event will take place as part of Doors open Day at New Glasgow Society, 1307 Argyle Street from 14th – 20th September 2015.
The evening event is on the 18th September. It’s free but ticketed so please REGISTER
—- Waste Of Paint Productions —-
Charlotte Duffy, cardboard artist and brains behind Waste of Paint Productions will be creating a new, tenement-inspired installation piece over the course of the week:
—- Dress for the Weather —-
Matt McKenna of architectural design practice Dress for the Weather will introduce us to their ‘Tenement Typology’ project:
—- Finch & Fouracre —-
Finch & Fouracre will display their ‘Tinyments’ and other architectural models:
—- Calum Rodger – Poet —-
Calum Rodger will be treating our ears to new tenement-inspired works:
—- Marion Gardyne —-
Marion will be displaying her architectural collages. You can also see her work at a larger exhibition at The Lighthouse:
—- Tom Manley —-
Tom will display photographic works that explores our relationship with tenement buildings.
—- Maria Velez-Serna —-
Post-doctoral researcher Maria will be showing a film-collage of old footage of Glasgow’s tenement entitled ”Back-court bairns: Tenement life in early Scottish films’.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events, Pat's Home Page Blog
- Aye Write! 2018 Jackie Kay – Bantam
- Aye Write! 208 Louise Welsh Introduces Laura Carlin & Imogen Hermes Gowar
- Aye Write! 2018 Celebration of writing from community-based literacy and creative learners
- Graeme Macrae Burnet Aye Write! 2018
- Poet JL Williams – Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Cinemaattic presents Psiconautas + Q&A at CCA, Glasgow
- Muriel Spark 100: Appointment in Arezzo, National Library, Edinburgh
- Aye Write! 2018 David Wardell and Finn the fabulous police dog 18 March, 2018
- Spangled Cabaret 10 BirthdayParty, Rio Pop Up
- St Mungo Mirrorball Showcase, CCA, 1 February, 2018
- Aye Write! 2018 Alan Taylor, Candia McWilliam, Zoe Strachan Muriel Spark: A Centenary Celebration
- Aye Write! 2018 Writing the ‘Magical’ Masterclass with Kirsty Logan
- Aye Write! 2018 Stuart Cosgrove, Memphis 68
- Tune in to the story of Scotland’s Radio with Tony Currie at Glasgow Art Club
- Oxfam Bookshop Byres Road Book Group
- Sonnet Youth, The Drygate
- Talk on Gaza, University of Glasgow, 23 January, 2018
- Ruby Wax at Aye Write! 2018
- Creative Conversations, Sanjeev Kohli and Donald McLeary
- Tom Hubbard, Ten Slavonic Dances, Scottish Writers’ Centre