West End Festival Cinico by Allan Cameron, Waterstones Byres Road, Thursday 22 June, 2017
As part of the West End Festival, author Allan Cameron will be at Watertones Byres Road, 351-355 Byres Rd, Glasgow G12 8AU on Thursday 22nd June, 2017.
Allan will be talking about his latest book, ‘Cinico; Travels with a good professor at the time of the Scottish Referendum’ The narrator pretends to be an author and a perverse author pretends to be a translator, who in his ensuing confusion drinks himself to death. This causesa dispute between the fictional editor, the fictional author, his fictional wife and the translator’s fictional widow, solely to illustrate the enlightened and enlightening chaos of translation. In fact, the true purpose of this novel is to present conflicting views on nation, nationalism, power, class and the Scottish referendum.
Allan Cameron has written two novels, The Golden Menagerie and The Berlusconi Bonus, and one non-fiction book, In Praise of the Garrulous. Also, he has written two collections of short stories, Can the Gods Cry? and On the Heroism of Mortals. He has translated 24 books from Italian, and has two collections of poetry, Presbyopia and A Barrel of Dried Leaves.
All are welcome
- Glasgoes Poetic 2019
- Festa Dos Anos De Álvero De Campos Cheeky Besom Productions
- Getting Ready For The Mod at Kelvin Hall
- G20 Festival GBX Fundraiser
- Matchbox Cineclub Weird Weekend at CCA Glasgow
- Clydebuilt Festival 2019
- Clydebuilt Festival Dragon Boat Race
- Glasgow Museums – Great Big Heritage Bus Tour
- Walk in James Watt’s Footsteps
- An Evening with Gracey Flair at Helensburgh Library
- East End Free Festival
- Tenements Today Tenements Tomorrow
- The Rebirth of the Clyde, Fairfield Heritage
- Spirit of Revolt, Show and Tell – Workers City, The Mitchell
- Bohemia Bespoke Vintage Wedding Fair
- Free event: Scottish Writers Showcase, University of Glasgow
- Book Launch: Blessed Assurance by Stewart Ennis
- Pollokshields Proposes Exhibition Launch
- Take One Action, GFT