West End Festival: The Luthiers’ Concert Websters Theatre
Part of West End Festival – 31 May – 30 June, 2019
Steve Hicks – ‘luthier and virtuoso guitar player – a rare combination’. Anne Chaurand -“A positive guitarist with a sense of conviction, and also the fingers and sensibilities to match…” (Classical Guitar) Ciorstaidh Beaton – Glasgow based pedal harpist and clàrsach player from the Isle of Skye. Graduate of the Royal Northern College of Music.
A chance to hear, see, examine and even purchase a range of handmade guitars and harps produced by students studying on the Musical Instrument Making and Repair course at Glasgow Clyde college. (Individual makers will be on hand to chat about their instruments during the interval)
Tickets are £7.50 adults/£5.00 concessions including a £1.50 booking fee. Booking fee is applicable on all tickets including those bought on the day, over the phone and online.
Concession priced tickets are for Under 16s, OAPs, students and unwaged.
Please note, box office is only manned when there is a performance in the venue. Phone messages and emails to the Box Office are checked at least once a day, Tuesdays to Saturdays.
Websters Theatre, 416 Great Western Road, G4 9HZ
Filed under: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Gig Guide, West End Festival Glasgow, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more, What's on in Glasgow: Theatre and Comedy
- Gorbals Fair 2019
- The Dark Carnival: Unplugged
- The Library Music Film – DJ and Party
- Seeds of Thought – Creative Writing
- Richard Holloway ‘Waiting for the Last Bus’ review Mary Irvine
- Electric Honey Records Showcase – OranMor
- Look Who’s Talking Now with Des Dillon
- Helen Fitzgerald and Doug Johnstone at Waterstones Sauchiehall St
- Yikes Film Club presents Grand Budapest Hotel
- Book Launch: ‘this exquisite corpse’ Tawnya Renelle
- Maker And Producer (sustainable textiles)
- Some Distant Day with Cheeky Besom Productions
- Dialogue: Niven Govinden and Season Butler
- Wild Festival and Gala, Children’s Wood
- The Bolshoi Ballet: Carmen Suite / Petrushka Live
- Arctic GFT
- Birds of Passage
- Slow Food Glasgow Food, Class and Transformation in Glasgow
- Havana Glasgow Film Festival Bailando Con Margot: An Encore Screening CCA
- Asbury Park: Riot, Redemption, Rock n Roll GFT