West End Festival: Fundraising Appeal to Bring Back Festival Sunday
The West End Festival recently announced its annual Festival Sunday wouldn’t take place in 2016 due to increasing costs and reduction for a number of reasons, including increasing costs and reduction in funding.
The festival organisers are aware that businesses in the west end, participants and the public were all disappointed at not having this great event, which attracts many thousands to the area.
A fundraising campaign has been launched with the aim of raising £50,000 by early 2017 so that Festival Sunday, including the Mardi Gras Parade, can return again next year.
Looking for suggested donations of £5 (or more if you’re passionate about the festival) and if you donate £20 or more you’ll be added to the festival’s ‘wall of supporters’ and automatically be entered into a prize draw to win 4 x meal for two, £50 M&S voucher, £50 Waterstone voucher.
The Festival is also asking people to provide their own ideas regarding what Festival Sunday might look like! www.westendfestival.co.uk/fundraising/
Michael Dale, Director, and Liz Scobie, Chairperson, West End Festival – talk to you about the appeal on video
- Lids Open Day with Glasgow Piano City West End Festival
- Charles Rennie Mackintosh by John Cairney, West End Festival 2019
- The Italian Job GFT
- Class of 1984 | Pity Party Film Club CCA
- Sleepless in Seattle, GFT
- Robert the Bruce, GFT
- Late Night GFT
- Balloon GFT
- Diego Maradona GFT
- The Tennessee Hotshots at Websters Playhouse
- Doc’n Roll presents: It Must Schwing! The Blue Note Story
- NT Live: Small Island, GFT
- Glasgow Botanic Gardens: 200 Years at West End Festival 2019
- Chicago Websters Theatre
- Scalarama Press/Marketing and Design
- The Big West End Festival Closing Party Cottiers
- Big Choir Concert at Cottiers
- Ceilidh Dances at Cottiers, West End Festival 2019
- Carers’ Week 2019
- Stevenson Jewellers Glasgow West End