Weegie Wednesday, 16 March, 2016, CCA,
Guest is Catherine Simpson
Wednesday, 16 March, 2016
7:30 PM – 10:30 PM
CCA, Saramago Bar
Catherine Simpson’s debut novel,Truestory, was published last September by Sandstone Press. Catherine is a journalist who didn’t start to write fiction until her mid-forties when she did an Open University diploma in Creative writing followed by an MA at Edinburgh Napier. Her short stories have been published in various anthologies and magazines. She received a Scottish Book trust New Writers Award for the opening chapters of Truestory.
Catherine will talk about the challenges of creating a compelling story around a difficult and often avoided subject – being the parent of an autistic child.
Doors to the event are open as usual at 7:30pm at the Saramago Bar in the CCA, however, the speaker will now begin 7:45pm in response to member requests.
Saramago, 350 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G2 3JD
- Hollie McNish OranMor
- Three Kinds of Kissing by Helen Lamb Book Launch
- I Remember It Well Symposium, Paisley
- After He Died Book Launch, Michael J Malone
- Stuart Paterson, Write on Cue!
- An Evening with Nawal Slemiah, Project Cafe Glasgow
- Bloody Scotland, 2018
- STAGE Multimedia Exhibition
- Stuart Cosgrove, ‘Harlem 69’ Book Launch
- Richard Holloway, Creative Conversatons
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- All The Time We Thought We Had, Gordon Darroch Waterstones
- Cheeky Besoms Speakeasy and Open Mic Night Glasgow
- She’s En Scene Women’s Film Screening and Discussion, Glasgow
- With Their Best Clothes On, New Writing Scotland Launch
- The Big Chair – Autumn Voices – Robin Lloyd-Jones
- An Evening with Charles McGarry, Waterstones Sauchiehall Street
- Public Lecture of the Publishing Scotland’s International Fellows Glasgow – review by Mary Irvine
- Fail Better Open Mic, Villiers & Co
- Susan Calman, Aye Write Glasgow