Wee Write 2019
2nd March, 2019 at The Mitchell Library
Play Talk Read Bus
2nd Mar 2019 • 10:00AM – 4:00PM • Mitchell Library
Jump aboard the ‘Play Talk Read’ bus, Benji, listen to stories, join in the rhymes, and get involved in some messy play. Play Talk Read have lots of easy, fun ways to help your child be happier, learn more, and enjoy a better start in life. It’s just the ticket!
For ages 0–5
This venue has wheelchair access and disabled toilet facilities
Gareth P Jones
2nd Mar 2019 • 10:30AM – 11:30AM • Mitchell Library
How to be Hilarious
Join children’s author and performer Gareth P Jones for a lesson in hilarity. The Daily Joker has a rib-tickling joke for every day of the year, along with weekly joke challenges guaranteed to turn you into the class clown. This show contains funny stories, groan-worthy gags, silly songs, super fast rapping, top tips and games guaranteed to have you ROFL.
For ages 6+
2nd Mar 2019 • 10:45AM – 11:45AM • Mitchell Library
Dinosaur Juniors: Happy Hatchday
Join award winning author-illustrator Rob Biddulph in this interactive session. Rob brings to life some of his much loved characters from Odd Dog Out and the charming Dinosaur Juniors: Happy Hatchday.
With wonderful draw-along activities and a sneak peak in to how Rob became the artist he is today, this event is sure to thrill viewers both big and small!
For ages 6+
2nd Mar 2019 • 12:15PM – 1:15PM • Mitchell Library
Jeanie’s Grandma is BAD. Not bad like a vampire or a gangster or anything, more like… up to no good. Sometimes she can be a bit embarrassing but most of the time she’s REALLY fun, especially when she gets Jeanie involved in her mischievous schemes. Everyone says she’s old enough to know better… but she doesn’t seem to care one bit. In fact, Jeanie thinks she might quite like it!
Bad Nana is a deliciously wicked new series for ages six and up, told through the eyes of 8-year-old Jeanie. Gorgeously illustrated throughout with vibrantly coloured spreads, Bad Nana’s naughty exploits will shock and appal – and make you snort with laughter!
2nd Mar 2019 • 1:45PM – 2:45PM • Mitchell Library
Snoof Ma Gandie! From Wimpy Kid to Wimpy Wean
Jeff Kinney’s best-selling book Diary of a Wimpy Kid has captivated readers of all ages, spawning a dozen follow-up novels and a series of Hollywood blockbusters. Now, finally, author and translator Thomas Clark takes our young hero Greg Heffley on his most daring and daunting adventure yet – to a high school classroom in Scotland!
Get ready to gie it laldy as Thomas leads us on a fun-filled and hilarious journey from Wimpy Kid to Wimpy Wean, skirting past crabbit teachers and glaikit classmates on our way to the very heart of the Scots language.
For ages 7+
The Mitchell Library, North Street, Glasgow G3 7DN
- Tell It To The Bees
- Tickets on Sale Glasgow Film Festival 2019
- The Hole in the Ground, Glasgow Film Festival
- FrightFest Week-End 1 and 2 March, 2019
- Full Programme Announced Glasgow Film Festival
- Aye Write: Louise Welsh Introduces… Temi Oh & Bridget Collins
- Aye Write: Helena Kennedy QC
- Aye Write: Stuart Cosgrove & Ken McNab
- Aye Write: Lesley McDowell Introduces Jennifer Nansubuga Makumbi & Laura Shepherd-Robinson
- Aye Write: Frank Quitely The Comics That Made Me
- Aye Write: What You Need To Know About Character
- Tracey Thorn at Aye Write
- Glasgow Film Festival: Mother’s Instinct
- Glasgow Goes Green
- Wassail Queens Park
- OK Fest – Kilmacolm’s Festival of Sound
- Waiting for Godot, Websters
- Barras Food Truck Fest
- Stand in Solidarity with the Stansted 15
- Sisters and Seamonsters – Chiara Berardelli