Websters’ Panto, A Belter of A Cinderella Story review Pat Byrne, Dec 2015
Yesterday (28 December,2015) I went along with my grandson, Ryan, and his friend Josh, to the panto at Websters’ Theatre in Glasgow’s Wet End. We had a brilliant time.
The audience was made up of every age group from tiny toddlers to grans and grandads. It was quite a feat keeping everyone entertained but the cast of A Belter of a Cinderella Story accomplished this with ease. The jokes were daft, the audience participation not too arduous, the singing really good and the production full of verve from start to finish.
River City’s Gerard Miller
Alison Rona Cleland
They did incredibly well for just five performers, ably assisted by some puppets courtesy of Jo Fullarton (RinkyTinkieTinies)
My two eleven year old companions loved the modern take on the fairytale and were very taken with the the contemporary pop music, the Goth Ugly Sister and Buttons, Cinderella and the Prince Charming’s rapping. Jamie McKillop was hilarious as the Fairy Godmother/Dame and the adults in the audience enjoyed all the local references and West End mockery. The humour was more playground than sleaze not a lot to squirm about – it really was proper family fun.
Further information and booking
It was my first time at Websters and I was really impressed. It’s fairly small so even though we were at the back we still had a good view and felt part of the event.
The theatre has a restaurant and bar attached – handy if you fancy a bite before the show or a drink at the interval.
The panto runs until 3rd January, 2016
Websters’ Theatre, 416 Great Western Road, Glasgow G4 9HZ
(adjacent to Kelvinbridge Underground)
0141 357 4000
Filed under: Christmas in Glasgow, Pantos and Christmas Shows in Glasgow, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more, What's on in Glasgow: Theatre and Comedy
- Spirito, Interiors, Cards, Gifts, Crow Road, Broomhill, Glasgow
- Stevenson Jewellers Glasgow West End
- Ashton Lane Hogmanay Street Party 2017
- A Relaxed Performance of The Sleeping Beauty, Kings Theatre, Glasgow
- Book Fair at the Botanics 28 and 29 December, 2017
- The Muppet Christmas Carol Screening and Toy Collection for Shelter Scotland, OranMor
- Christmas at GFT, 3 – 23 December, 2017
- ‘Unwrapped’ Christmas Exhibition & Gifts at Thistle Gallery Glasgow until 24 Dec, 2017
- Christmas Markets Glasgow City Centre – 9 November – 22 December, 2017
- The Glasgow Guild Christmas Department Store
- Called You Last Night From Glasgow, Club Night, Broadcast
- Thistle Gallery at Christmas
- Glasgow Christmas Markets, Fairs and Shopping Events
- The Sensational Alex Harvey Experience, Avant Garde, Friday 22 December, 2017
- The Hidden Lane Late Night Shopping for Christmas
- Santa’s Magical Grotto at Lomond Shores until 24 December, 2017
- Mother India Christmas Menu
- Mistletoe and Mystery Evening , Partick Burgh Hall
- Merchant Square Christmas Craft Fair
- Christmas Drive In Movies, The Riverside Museum