Weave and Sma’ Shot Day, Paisley, 30th June – 2nd July, 2017
For Scotland’s Year of History, Heritage and Archaeology Paisley’s Sma’ Shot Day will be celebrated with a three-day festival with a wrap-around cultural programme called ‘Weave’. The festival is rooted in Paisley’s radical weaving heritage and celebrating it’s unique and historical Sma’ Shot Day – Weave is a new, vibrant and colourful festival celebrating arts, activism and design.
The entire weekend (30 June – 2 July 2017) will be played out across Paisley’s historic town centre, featuring the traditional colourful pageant led by the ‘Charleston’ drummer. Hundreds of participants and performers will wend their way through the streets in a dazzling depiction of Paisley’s history as a global textiles centre.
Sma Shot Slam hosted by Shaun Moore
Saturday 1 July, 2017 , 7 – 10 p.m.
The third annual Sma’ Shot Day poetry slam and showcase event.
This year, as part of Paisley’s inaugural WEAVE weekend festival.
As in previous years, in a handsome venue, with licenced bar, a class live musician, cool literati guest performers who will judge the great slam poets vying for the cash prize and qualification to the Scottish National Slam Final.
Paisley Town Hall, Abbey Close, PA1 1JF
Over the weekend, this family friendly festival offers live music, poetry, craft and design, kids’ activities, dance, street performance and more to tell the
story of the weavers’ rebellion, the iconic Paisley Pattern and its legacy for modern day makers and artists.
One response to “Weave and Sma’ Shot Day, Paisley, 30th June – 2nd July, 2017”
- Aye Write! presents Jane Harper
- Glasgow Jazz Festival 2019
- The Lighthouse is celebrating its 20th Birthday
- Beatson Cancer Charity Gin and Sing, Bohemian Rhapsody
- An Afternoon of Fiction, Poetry and Performance
- A Place For The Work and The Human Being
- Restless Natives – a screening West End Festival
- West End Shop Fronts, Virtual Tour Kelvin Hall
- Some things want to run V/DA | Sonic Séance: The Gathering CCA
- Dusty Won’t Play at OranMor, West End Festival
- Outdoor Art Film, Eglantine, North Kelvin Meadow Glasgow
- SPLIT Glasgow Art Collective Graduate Showcase
- Summer Ball Fundraiser Craft Café Govan
- Lids Open Day with Glasgow Piano City West End Festival
- Charles Rennie Mackintosh by John Cairney, West End Festival 2019
- The Italian Job GFT
- Class of 1984 | Pity Party Film Club CCA
- Sleepless in Seattle, GFT
- Robert the Bruce, GFT
- Late Night GFT