Weather Forms, The Lighthouse, 15 April – 26 June, 2016.
Stallan-Brand presents art and architectural works that challenge the popular idea that ‘people make places’ by demonstrating that they, in fact, make us.
Based in Scotland, Stallan-Brand will demonstrate how its very own ‘place on earth’ has influenced the philosophy of the practice. The exhibition will evidence that throughout Scottish history the weather has been both feared and revered for its powerful influence over society.
Weather Forms will include collections of paintings, installations, found objects and collages all of which are in response to, inspired by or have been affected directly by climate, citing national and international examples. All this provides an immersive, tactile visitor experience.
- Opening Hours
Monday to Saturday
10.30am – 5.00pm
12.00pm – 5.00pm
- William Hunter Tercentenary Exhibition The Hunterian
- Denise Noone Bathing Bells at Govanhill Baths review by Pat Byrne
- Introduction to Study at Glasgow School of Art
- Brushes With War, Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum
- Bathing Bells Exhibition, Govanhill Baths
- Young Talent Exhibition, ProjectAbility Glasgow
- Shaping Their World, Thistle Gallery
- Graduate Degree Show, 2018, Glasgow School of Art
- Museums at Night, Glasgow, October, 2018
- Women’s Suffrage in Glasgow Exhibition, The Mitchell
- Talk of the Steamie Conference, Govanhill
- Cryptic Sonica in Glasgow 2018 – Portal, Pivot and Visaurihelix
- ‘Cityscapes’ on the Horizon, Thistle Gallery
- The Great Big Mackintosh Bus Tour, Glasgow
- Rosengarten, The Hunterian
- Steven Berkoff: Gorbals 1966
- Looking out to New Horizons… Thistle Gallery, Glasgow
- Encounter No 1 by Sogol Mabadi and Emma Helen Reid
- HYPERMARKET – ART CAR BOOT, SWG3 2018
- Old Kilpatrick Art Club, Summer Show 2018, Ardarden Farm Shop