Wastepaper Opera and Papaloose present (i) The Opera, Glasgow
For Glasgow International 2018.
25 and 26 Apri, 2018
[Originally performed at Tête-à-Tête: The Opera Festival 2017]
Set in an oppressively happy valley ruled by a mad king and his morose daughter, ‘i’ is a twisted love story about an inventor who teaches his invention how to speak…
Featuring 3D animation, upcycled costumes, live electronic music, and the first ever libretto generated by a neural network!
“This is a supremely creative production, exhilaratingly, wildly original and immaculately stylised.”
– Charlotte Valori (Operissima)
The Art School, 20 Scott Street, Garnethill, Glasgow G3 6EP
Tickets: £7 concession / £10
Waste Paper Opera Company is a collective of artists from Birmingham and beyond, creating experimental, cross-genre music theatre aimed at challenging the preconceptions of opera and bringing it to the most diverse audience possible.
Babaloose is a Glasgow based performance moot designed to work with and encourage emerging artists to experiment beyond the boundaries of theatre, visual arts, and writing.
‘i’ The Opera is supported by Glasgow International 2018, The Art School and WAVEparticle.
This section: Glasgow International, What's on in Glasgow: Theatre and Comedy
- Tandem at The Tron
- Our Time Theatre Group Fundraiser, Websters
- Waiting for Godot, Websters
- Bend It Like Brattbakk, Websters Theatre
- Stepping Out The Musical Websters Theatre
- Scottish Opera presents Anthropocene – World Premiere by Stuart MacRae and Louise Welsh
- Annie, Kings Theatre, Glasgow: Full Casting Announced
- Glasgow Girls, Kings Theatre review Pat Byrne
- Glasgow Girls Kings Theatre
- Three Leaps of the Gazelle, Playwrights Studio
- Big Fish the Musical
- Fibro My Arth! Extended, Websters
- New Works Festival, Cottiers
- Doris, Dolly and the Dressing Room Divas, OranMor
- The Stand Comedy Club Christmas Specials 2018
- Britney and the Beast, Websters Theatre
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- So Long Farewell – The Apollo Players
- Oklahoma, Kings Theatre Glasgow
- It Is Easy To Be Dead, OranMor