Wastepaper Opera and Papaloose present (i) The Opera, Glasgow
For Glasgow International 2018.
25 and 26 Apri, 2018
[Originally performed at Tête-à-Tête: The Opera Festival 2017]
Set in an oppressively happy valley ruled by a mad king and his morose daughter, ‘i’ is a twisted love story about an inventor who teaches his invention how to speak…
Featuring 3D animation, upcycled costumes, live electronic music, and the first ever libretto generated by a neural network!
“This is a supremely creative production, exhilaratingly, wildly original and immaculately stylised.”
– Charlotte Valori (Operissima)
The Art School, 20 Scott Street, Garnethill, Glasgow G3 6EP
Tickets: £7 concession / £10
Waste Paper Opera Company is a collective of artists from Birmingham and beyond, creating experimental, cross-genre music theatre aimed at challenging the preconceptions of opera and bringing it to the most diverse audience possible.
Babaloose is a Glasgow based performance moot designed to work with and encourage emerging artists to experiment beyond the boundaries of theatre, visual arts, and writing.
‘i’ The Opera is supported by Glasgow International 2018, The Art School and WAVEparticle.
This section: Glasgow International, What's on in Glasgow: Theatre and Comedy
- Six and a Tanner, One Man Play by Rony Bridges
- Cultural Diversity Showcase, The Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, Black History Month
- Colin Dunne: Concert The Tramway
- Autumn Season,2018, Play, Pie, Pint at OranMor
- “20 Seaward Street” Rehearsed Singing, The Drygate Glasgow
- Broadway in the Bar, OranMor
- Get A Life, Websters Theatre
- Yer Tea’s Oot, Websters Theatre
- An Evening With Mark Beaumont at Cottiers
- Six and a Tanner, OranMor
- Romeo and Juliet, Theatre Royal Glasgow
- Short Attention Span Theatre Glasgow
- Songs of the Silver Screen, OranMor
- Face Forward University of Glasgow
- NATIVITY! THE MUSICAL RETURNS TO SCOTLAND TO SEARCH FOR STAR ROLES
- The Pieman Cometh review by Pat Byrne
- Opera Bohemia, St John’s-Renfield Church, Glasgow
- Antigone, Websters Theatre
- United States of Americana, Cottiers
- Word Jazzology hosted by Magi Gibson, Babbity Bowsters, Glasgow