Wassail Queens Park
Sunday 10 February, 2019, 3 – 5 p.m.
South Seeds, 514 Victoria Road, Glasgow G42 8BG
What’s a Wassail?!
It’s a centuries old tradition to wake up apple trees after a winter sleep, chase away bad spirits and ask for a good harvest.
Propagate is working with South Seeds and friends to bring this ancient tradition to Queens Park. There are 2 orchard areas in the park, one near the ponds and another near the flagpole.
The community wassail will involve some of the things in this video
Come and join in this fun and silly ritual and march in a procession to the trees together making a lot of noise!
– Dress in colourful and ridiculous costume
– Bring pots and wooden spoons to bash, drums, bells, whistles and other things to make a noise
There will be wassail song practice sessions in and around Govanhill leading up to the event. If you’d like to organise one for your group, please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07340 531506.
Filed under: Community event, Community Groups and Charities, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- Express Yourself, Tell it Slant
- Choral Concert St Marys Episcopal Cathedral
- The Marbles and Friends Live
- Wild Rose Review Pat Byrne
- School for Civic Imagination CCA
- Aye Write presents Paul Mason
- Easter 2019 at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Wild Rose, GFT
- Ordet GFT
- 3 Faces GFT
- The Gospel According to St Matthew GFT
- A Deal With The Universe, GFT
- Loro GFT
- Eighth Grade GFT
- Glasgow Film Festival on Tour
- The Fight GFT
- Thistle Gallery: Vibrant Show Celebrates The Coming of Spring
- KeanuCon 2019 CCA
- Glasgow Film Theatre celebrates 80 Years of Cinema
- NT Live: Small Island, GFT