Wassail Queens Park
Sunday 10 February, 2019, 3 – 5 p.m.
South Seeds, 514 Victoria Road, Glasgow G42 8BG
What’s a Wassail?!
It’s a centuries old tradition to wake up apple trees after a winter sleep, chase away bad spirits and ask for a good harvest.
Propagate is working with South Seeds and friends to bring this ancient tradition to Queens Park. There are 2 orchard areas in the park, one near the ponds and another near the flagpole.
The community wassail will involve some of the things in this video
Come and join in this fun and silly ritual and march in a procession to the trees together making a lot of noise!
– Dress in colourful and ridiculous costume
– Bring pots and wooden spoons to bash, drums, bells, whistles and other things to make a noise
There will be wassail song practice sessions in and around Govanhill leading up to the event. If you’d like to organise one for your group, please get in touch via email@example.com or call 07340 531506.
Filed under: Community event, Community Groups and Charities, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- Blinded by the Light at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Anderson Gerard Exhibition at Offshore Cafe Glasgow
- Alan Murphy – A Nod to John Martyn
- The Creative Process with Jacqueline Smith
- An Evening with local author – Pat McIntosh
- Scottish PEN’s Writers in Exile
- Queen Margaret Drive Festival, West End Festival 2019
- Kirklee Allotments Open Day West End Festival 2019
- Manaf Halbouni – Artist’s Talk Refugee Festival Scotland
- Britain on Film: Welcome to Britain plus Q & A GFT
- Memoir of War GFT
- Anna Magnani: Made in Rome GFT
- The Cure Live at Hydepark – Anniversary 1978 – 2018
- Outdoor Art Film, Eglantine, North Kelvin Meadow Glasgow
- The Glasgow Mela 2019
- Love Me or Leave Me, GFT
- Doc’n Roll presents: It Must Schwing! The Blue Note Story
- Interfest and Book Launch Garnethill Glasgow
- The Captor, GFT
- Robert the Bruce, GFT