Wassail Queens Park
Sunday 10 February, 2019, 3 – 5 p.m.
South Seeds, 514 Victoria Road, Glasgow G42 8BG
What’s a Wassail?!
It’s a centuries old tradition to wake up apple trees after a winter sleep, chase away bad spirits and ask for a good harvest.
Propagate is working with South Seeds and friends to bring this ancient tradition to Queens Park. There are 2 orchard areas in the park, one near the ponds and another near the flagpole.
The community wassail will involve some of the things in this video
Come and join in this fun and silly ritual and march in a procession to the trees together making a lot of noise!
– Dress in colourful and ridiculous costume
– Bring pots and wooden spoons to bash, drums, bells, whistles and other things to make a noise
There will be wassail song practice sessions in and around Govanhill leading up to the event. If you’d like to organise one for your group, please get in touch via email@example.com or call 07340 531506.
Filed under: Community event, Community Groups and Charities, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- Glasgoes Poetic 2019
- Festa Dos Anos De Álvero De Campos Cheeky Besom Productions
- Getting Ready For The Mod at Kelvin Hall
- Edwyn Collins QMU Glasgow
- Pain and Glory, GFT
- A Faithful Man, GFT
- Chic-raq GFT
- Pity Party Film Club CCA
- Propaganda – Indie Club Night, QMU
- Through Black Spruce, GFT
- BlacKkKlansman, GFT
- Maria Doyle Kennedy, Cottiers
- G20 Festival GBX Fundraiser
- Matchbox Cineclub Weird Weekend at CCA Glasgow
- Starry Skies, Warren and Heather at Old Hairdressers
- Glasgow Doors Open Day Kelvin Hall 2019
- Gaza GFT
- Clydebuilt Festival 2019
- Clydebuilt Festival Dragon Boat Race
- Glasgow Museums – Great Big Heritage Bus Tour