Wassail Queens Park
Sunday 10 February, 2019, 3 – 5 p.m.
South Seeds, 514 Victoria Road, Glasgow G42 8BG
What’s a Wassail?!
It’s a centuries old tradition to wake up apple trees after a winter sleep, chase away bad spirits and ask for a good harvest.
Propagate is working with South Seeds and friends to bring this ancient tradition to Queens Park. There are 2 orchard areas in the park, one near the ponds and another near the flagpole.
The community wassail will involve some of the things in this video
Come and join in this fun and silly ritual and march in a procession to the trees together making a lot of noise!
– Dress in colourful and ridiculous costume
– Bring pots and wooden spoons to bash, drums, bells, whistles and other things to make a noise
There will be wassail song practice sessions in and around Govanhill leading up to the event. If you’d like to organise one for your group, please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07340 531506.
Filed under: Community event, Community Groups and Charities, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- Creative Conversations – Novelist Jacob Ross
- GFF19 Jim Galloway – A Journey In Jazz CCA
- A Private War GFT
- Tell It To The Bees
- The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert
- The Vanishing Glasgow Film Theatre
- An Elephant Sitting Still Glasgow Film Theatre
- The Raft Glasgow Film Theatre
- Tickets on Sale Glasgow Film Festival 2019
- Poetry at Inn Deep
- The Hole in the Ground, Glasgow Film Festival
- Transatlantic Sessions Celtic Connections 2019 review and photography by Pauline Keightley
- FrightFest Week-End 1 and 2 March, 2019
- Full Programme Announced Glasgow Film Festival
- Aye Write: Louise Welsh Introduces… Temi Oh & Bridget Collins
- Aye Write: Helena Kennedy QC
- Aye Write: Stuart Cosgrove & Ken McNab
- Aye Write: Lesley McDowell Introduces Jennifer Nansubuga Makumbi & Laura Shepherd-Robinson
- Aye Write: Frank Quitely The Comics That Made Me
- Aye Write: What You Need To Know About Character