Voices Nationwide, Spoken Word Workshops, Paisley
23 and 24 November, 2017
The Roundhouse and Create Paisley present Voices Nationwide Spoken Word Workshops for young people ages 12-25.
Come along to the workshops (at Methodist Central Halls, 2 Gauze Street, PA1 1EP) for an introduction to spoken word and a chance to express your thoughts, feelings, concerns, wishes or whatever you want through spoken word.
Dinner will be provided both days.
Performance at Blend Coffee Lounge, Friday 24 November, 2017
Following on from the workshops on Thursday 23rd and Friday 24th, there will be an opportunity to perform your spoken word on Friday 24th evening at Blend Coffee Lounge on Causeyside Street (doors open at 7.30pm) for an 8pm start.
Voices Nationwide is a partnership between the Roundhouse and Nationwide Building Society, which sets out to discover the stories of people across the UK and share them through spoken word.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Claire McFall, Creative Conversations
- Cultural Diversity Showcase, The Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, Black History Month
- “Freedom Bound” – Slavery in Scotland Discussion at GOMA
- I Remember It Well Symposium, Paisley
- Motherhood Loss and Legacy, National Library of Scotland, Kelvin Hall
- Maya Chowdhry, Creative Conversations
- Thomas Muir Festival 2018
- Women’s Suffrage in Glasgow, An Afternoon of Talks
- MCSTAPE – Book Launch Stephen Watt and special guests
- Red Squirrel Press: Poets Read from New Publications
- Outside The Narrative: Stephanie Young and Tom Leonard
- Talks at Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum
- National Poetry Day Slam
- Brian Whittingham: Walking Between Worlds
- Word Jazzology, Partickhill Bowling and Community Club
- ‘thi wurd’ #3 at The Old Hairdressers, Glasgow
- Jane Harris Creative Conversations University of Glasgow
- The Scottish Witchfinder by Jacqueline Smith
- John Maclean, Hero of Red Clydeside by Henry Bell
- Hollie McNish OranMor