The Voice and Text of Chekov Workshop, Susan Worsfold, The Citz, 17 – 21 April, 2017
The Citizens Theatre, 119 Gorbals Street, G5 9SD
17 – 212 April, 2017
WHO IS THE WORKSHOP FOR?
A five-day workshop on the voice and the text of Chekhov for creative
artists and practitioners led by Susan Worsfold directly using the
Nadine George Voice Work® to explore breath, body, voice and the
text of Chekhov. It will be a unique opportunity to develop your voice
within a small group of 10 people, ensuring a high quality of focus and
space for the individual within a group setting.
This workshop is open to all creative artists and practitioners
looking to develop their artistic self through focus on the voice and the
Nadine George Voice Work® – to those familiar with Nadine’s work,
who are looking to deepen their relationship with the technique, and equally to those wishing to explore the work for the first time.
WHAT YOU CAN HOPE TO GAIN:
• The opportunity to understand the connection between the voice and body.
• A technique to apply in practice, which helps improve confidence through vocal and physical awareness.
• A greater understanding of the breath in enabling relaxation and connection to the body.
• An understanding of the energies of the voice and body as they connect to work with text.
• The opportunity to explore the vocal possibilities of the text and to take creative risks in a supportive environment.
• The opportunity to reflect on your experience and link this back to your creative process.
• The opportunity to connect with other creative practitioners and share your artistic experience.
*Deposit required on acceptance
To apply please send your
professional CV and personal
- Aye Write! 2018 Writing the ‘Magical’ Masterclass with Kirsty Logan
- Bonnie Bling Crafternoon Workshop, The Hidden Lane
- Therapeutic Creative Writing Workshop, Paisley
- Phoenix Flight Training Cumbernauld
- Glasgow Drum Circle – give a voucher for Christmas
- Wild Women Writing Course with Magi Gibson starts January 2018
- Eusebi Deli – Italian Beer and Food Pairing
- Revisiting the Antonine Wall, Community Consultation from 7 November, 2017
- Indepen-dance, creative movement for people with disabilities and their carers
- Doc-Open. Launch at GFT, 2 November, 2017
- First Strings, Glasgow: Guitar Lessons for Children
- Scottish Queer International Film Festival (SQIFF) – Bridging the Gap, workshop CCA, 6 September, 2017
- Foraging Workshop, Napiershall Street Gardens, Saturday 12 August, 2017
- A New Byres Road: Public Consultation Design Events, August 2017
- Scottish Sculpture Workshop Frontiers in Retreat: Edge Effects, Glasgow, Thu 27 July – Sun 30 July 2017
- Upcycling – free demonstration, Oxfam Byres Road, 13 and 16 July, 2017
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2017 – call for programmers
- Artivism, STUC and Scottish Artists Union, The Space, Gallowgate, First Session 18 July, 2017
- How To Be Irreplaceable in the Automated Workplace, Training Course, STUC, 12 July,2017
- Yoga for Musicians: The Art of Listening with Outi Smith, Glasgow, 22 July, 2017