Vintage Tea Party, Dalmuir Community Centre, Wed 4 March, 2015
Vintage Tea Party and film screening (vintage fancy dress optional)
Wednesday 4th March, 1pm-4pm
Dalmuir Community Centre, Clydebank
The Women Making History group invite you to afternoon tea – 1950’s and 60’s style!
We want to hear your stories and memories of women’s lives in West Dunbartonshire, focusing specifically on their ‘social life experiences’ during the 1950’s & 60’s. Come along for tea and cake, bring your favourite vintage object or photograph from the 1950’s& /or 60’s and tell us your stories about women’s social lives in West Dunbartonshire.
There’ll be vintage costumes, a fabulous 50s movie and the chance to view some objects from the Glasgow Women’s Library archive.
Vintage fancy dress from the 1950’s or 60’s very much welcome but not essential.
Dalmuir Community Centre is on Duntocher Road – just to the south of Dalmuir Railway Station.
For more information or to book a place telephone Morag at Glasgow Women’s Library or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wee Write – Family Days at Aye Write! 3 and 4 March, 2018
- Ten Writers Telling Lies and M. Litt Creative Writing Open Mic, Gilchrist Centre University of Glasgow
- Nature Writing Beyond Landscape – Scottish Writers Centre, Glasgow
- Express Yourself, Women in Poetry at Tell It Slant, Friday 23 February, 2018
- Colin Herd, Poet at Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- LGBT History Month, Film Screening and Discussion, STUC
- The Carrbridge Rose – Brian Whittingham
- Ian Bell New Writing Award, Meet the Judges at Aye Write
- Sonnet Youth at The Drygate, 21 February, 2018
- Aye Write! Denise Mina introduces… Danny Denton & Mick Kitson 18 March, 2018
- Denise Mina at Creative Conversations review Pat Byrne
- Sextival: Queer Relationships on Film, CCA
- Aye Write 2018 – Darren McGarvey & Raoul Martinez, Freedom From Poverty
- Eileen Myles and nick-e-melville, OranMor
- Denise Mina at Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- The Darker Side of Fairytales with Kirsty Logan, Dumbarton Library
- Honest Error: Glasgow Poets on Charles Rennie Mackintosh, The Hunterian, University of Glasgow
- Writer David Keenan, Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- AyeWrite! 2018 Ten Writers Telling Lies