Val McDermid in conversation with Professor Louise Welsh, 19 November, 2015 University of Glasgow
PEN Naomi Mitchison event – Val McDermid in conversation with hProfessor Louise Welsh.
Thursday 19 November 2015
Kelvin Gallery, University of Glasgow
Please join us at this year’s PEN Naomi Mitchison event – Val McDermid in conversation with Professor Louise Welsh.
Val McDermid’s novels have been translated into thirty languages and have sold over ten million copies worldwide. Her work has been adapted for television and radio and her many awards include the Cartier Diamond Dagger, awarded by the Crime Writers’ Association to authors who have made an outstanding lifetime’s contribution to the genre. Val has also written non-fiction books, notably‘Forensics – The Anatomy of Crime’ in association with The Wellcome Collection. This is a wonderful opportunity to hear one of the most successful writers of her generation talk about her craft and research.
Each year University of Glasgow’s Creative Writing Programme and Scottish PEN invite a woman writer working at the top of their field to educate (and entertain) us for an evening. Please do come along and join in an evening of crime and conversation.
Scottish PEN, which fights for the rights of writers world-wide, sponsors this lecture in the memory of Naomi Mitchison.
Free event, open to all.
Please remember to register your attendance.
To attend the PEN Naomi Mitchison event,Register online.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Red Squirrel Press, Scottish Writers Centre
- Word Jazzology, Partickhill Bowling and Community Club
- Remembering Glasgow’s Forgotten Women
- Liam McIlvanney, Creative Conversations University of Glasgow
- Glasgow Scribes (calligraphy).
- Book Week Scotland: Worlds of Ursula K. Le Guin Documentary GFT
- Book Week Scotland 2018 – Events at Arlington Baths Club
- Poetry at Inn Deep with Cat Hepburn
- Book Week Scotland: Denise Mina and Liam McIlvaney
- Scottish Pen: The Day of the Imprisoned Writer
- Mark Kermode Book Tour at GFT, ‘How Does It Feel?’
- Catriona Malan – Meet the Author at Fruin Farm
- Mary Irvine: Scottish Writers Centre Comes Home
- ‘Neither Oil Nor Water’ book launch Jim Ferguson
- Gail Honeyman, Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Women’s Voices in Culture and Politics in Cuba CCA
- Scottish Writers Centre, Day of the Dead
- Book Week Scotland: In Conversation with Graeme Macrae Burnet, GOMA
- Book Week Scotland, Stuart Cosgrove, Motherwell Library