Val McDermid in conversation with Professor Louise Welsh, 19 November, 2015 University of Glasgow
PEN Naomi Mitchison event – Val McDermid in conversation with hProfessor Louise Welsh.
Thursday 19 November 2015
Kelvin Gallery, University of Glasgow
Please join us at this year’s PEN Naomi Mitchison event – Val McDermid in conversation with Professor Louise Welsh.
Val McDermid’s novels have been translated into thirty languages and have sold over ten million copies worldwide. Her work has been adapted for television and radio and her many awards include the Cartier Diamond Dagger, awarded by the Crime Writers’ Association to authors who have made an outstanding lifetime’s contribution to the genre. Val has also written non-fiction books, notably‘Forensics – The Anatomy of Crime’ in association with The Wellcome Collection. This is a wonderful opportunity to hear one of the most successful writers of her generation talk about her craft and research.
Each year University of Glasgow’s Creative Writing Programme and Scottish PEN invite a woman writer working at the top of their field to educate (and entertain) us for an evening. Please do come along and join in an evening of crime and conversation.
Scottish PEN, which fights for the rights of writers world-wide, sponsors this lecture in the memory of Naomi Mitchison.
Free event, open to all.
Please remember to register your attendance.
To attend the PEN Naomi Mitchison event,Register online.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- ‘Growing and Dying’ Tribute to Janet Paisley, Event at Waterstones, Sauchiehall Street
- Camilla Grudova, QMU, University of Glasgow
- Aye Write: Archie Macpherson, Adventures in the Golden Age
- Radical Film Network 6818 Launch, Glasgow
- Cross-feed Night School with Dr David Luke
- ‘Growing and Dying’ a tribute to the writer Janet Paisley edited by Linda Jackson
- Dr Yupin Chung: Tea Under A Willow Tree, Glasgow Art Club
- Stuart Murdoch, Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- A Fiction Reading. with Sheila Llewellyn and Andrew Meehan, Crossways Festival review by Pat Byrne
- Glasgow Zine Fest SQIFF Presents: Live in DIY Queer Filmmaking Conversation! CCA
- Mandarin Translations – The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie
- Fail Better at McCHuills, April 12th, 2018
- David Mach ‘Against the Tide’ Cass Art, Glasgow
- Tom Russell, Tales From Inside The World of Rock, Bishopton Library
- Glasgow Museums and Libraries, Civilisations Festival 2018
- Scottish Writers’ Centre Short Films for Creatives, with Lesley Traynor, CCA
- Crossways Irish/Scottish Festival Fiction Reading & Poetry at The Tron
- Scottish Shorts 2018 – submissions
- Jim and Pat’s Podcast: Glasgow West End – Jim talks to Ian Smith of Last Night From Glasgow
- Crossways: The Irish Scottish Cultural & Literary Festival, Glasgow Merchant City