UWS Creative Media Academy MA Programme Launch and Symposium: Creativity and Form
Thursday, March 12
9:30am – 5:00pm
Film City Glasgow
401 Govan Road, Glasgow G51 2QJ
Join colleagues and industry practitioners from University of the West of Scotland’s Creative Media Academy for a free one day symposium on the question of ‘Creativity and Form’ at the UWS seminar space in Film City Glasgow to mark the launch of 2 new Master’s programmes in Filmmaking and Screenwriting.
The path from short to feature is the royal road all would-be filmmakers have to take. But how do you make the transition from capturing a short fragment of life, to developing character and narrative over an hour and a half?
In this day-long symposium invited filmmakers Duane Hopkins (Better Things, Bypass), and Shalimar Preuss (Ma Belle Gosse) discuss their experience of working across shorts and features, with contributions from Creative Media Academy documentarians and transmedia practitioners, Nick Higgins and Peter Snowdon, and producer and MA screenwriting tutor Paul Welsh.
Free entry but you must pre -register.
Please note there are limited places for this event and preference will be given to potential Masters applicants.
To register: email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the title of this event in email subject line and indicate interest in either Filmmaking or Screenwriting MA programme.
Schedule for the day:
9.45-10am Introduction to new MAs and the symposium by Prof Nick Higgins
10-11.30am Duane Hopkins in conversation with Andrew Jarvis
11.30-11.45am Tea & Coffee break
11.45am- 1pm Creative Documentary & Transmedia Practice with Nick Higgins & Peter Snowdon
2-3.30pm Shalimar Preuss in conversation with Peter Snowdon
3.45- 5pm Panel discussion with Duane Hopkins, Shalimar Preuss, Paul Welsh and Peter Snowdon (chair: Prof Nick Higgins)
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events, Cinema
- CineRoma at Govanhill International Festival
- Glasgow Literary Lounge featuring Louise Malone on art plus Open Mic
- Only You GFT
- Scarred GFT
- The Brink GFT
- Eureka GFT
- Pavarotti plus satellite Q & A GFT
- Blinded by the Light at Glasgow Film Theatre
- In Conversation with Gurinder Chadha GFT
- Armstrong GFT
- Farzane Zamen in Concert
- Rolling Thunder Revue: A Bob Dylan Story by Martin Scorsese GFT
- Boogie at the Botanics, Open Air Cinema
- Of Fish and Foe GFT
- Special Events at Glasgow Film Theatre July 2019
- African Film Touring Programme Summer 2019
- Midsommar GFT
- Matchbox Cineclub + Sad Girl Cinema Der Fan
- UKJF: Inside the Mossad CCA Glasgow
- Scottish PEN Writers In Exile review by Pat Byrne