Urban Voodoo Machine Cottiers
11 Apr 2019 – 8:00 pm – 10:00 pm
A collective of shadowy, London based, ne’er do wells, led by Norwegian born songwriter/frontman Paul – Ronney Angel. Featuring up to nine musicians at any given time, The ‘Machine mash – up guitars, twin drummers, fiddle, trumpet, tuba, banjo, washboard, upright bass, gong, mandolin, accordion, harmonicas, saxophone, sousaphone and even empty bottles and tie racks to create their unique brand of Bourbon Soaked Gypsy Blues Bop’n’Stroll.
The stars were very much aligned the night Paul – Ronney Angel was begged by a promoter to be the filling in a triple – bill band sandwich. Never one to turn down a knees – up, P-R realised he had 48 hours to put a band together. No problem! Trawling the dives and doss houses of London, he called in some favours, cracked some whips and so it was that The Urban Voodoo Machine lurched into life.
Tickets are £18 adults/£16 concessions not including the £1.50 booking fee which is added at the end of your transaction.
Over 18s only.
Cottiers, 93-95 Hyndland Street, G11 5PU
This section: Gig Guide
Filed under: Gig Guide
- Edwyn Collins QMU Glasgow
- Propaganda – Indie Club Night, QMU
- Maria Doyle Kennedy, Cottiers
- G20 Festival GBX Fundraiser
- Starry Skies, Warren and Heather at Old Hairdressers
- Broken Chanter Album Launch, CCA
- Michael Simons at Partick Folk Club
- Pollokshields Proposes Exhibition Launch
- Yellow Road – Folk on the Fringe
- Barras Fest Glasgow 2019
- Twilight in the Crypt Glasgow Cathedral Festival
- Glasgow R&B Society: Rab Noakes & Fraser Speirs Cottiers
- No Serco Evictions Fundraiser at McChuills
- The Scottish Fiddle Orchestra – Glasgow Royal Concert Hall
- JJ Gilmour and Adriana Spina at CCA
- Music Broth Summer Fundraising Gig
- The Blue Arrow 59:60 Celebrating the Year that Changed Jazz
- Farzane Zamen in Concert
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Songs of Love and Freedom, Kelvingrove Bandstand