Upcycling – free demonstration, Oxfam Byres Road, 13 and 16 July, 2017
Oxfam bookshop demo ! Up-cycle local … make the world a better place and your home more beautiful !
Free Up Cycle Demonstration
The Oxfam Bookshop, 330 Byres Road, Glasgow G12 8AP
13 and 16th July between 2pm and 4pm
No need to register. Just come along
Learn how to use recycled materials to upcycle furniture and home accessories with local artist Elisabeth Culshaw of Charles Rennie Mackintosh inspired ” The Lansdowne House of Stencils”
Using the vintage maps and sheet music which you can find in the bookshop Elisabeth will be on hand to share her techniques with you on Thursday 13th July and Sunday 16th July from 2-4pm.
Elisabeth Culshaw: The West End of Glasgow is a great place to wander around and browse in shops like Oxfam bookshop. Buy a book and give to charity at the same time. Apart from books, the shop is also a treasure trove of old maps, music sheet, foreign publications and postcards… a perfect ‘source of “stuff” for up-cycling on furniture and small pieces like boxes’.
The Lansdowne House of Stencils wants to encourage you to try out some upcycling so – ‘fill up your basket with some of Oxfam’s maps and music sheets and learn how you can up-cycle.
- Glasgow Literary Lounge featuring Louise Malone on art plus Open Mic
- Only You GFT
- Dark Vanilla Jungle Websters
- Scarred GFT
- The Brink GFT
- Eureka GFT
- Pavarotti plus satellite Q & A GFT
- Blinded by the Light at Glasgow Film Theatre
- In Conversation with Gurinder Chadha GFT
- Armstrong GFT
- Ilana Halperin: Minerals of New York, The Hunterian
- Farzane Zamen in Concert
- Rolling Thunder Revue: A Bob Dylan Story by Martin Scorsese GFT
- Boogie at the Botanics, Open Air Cinema
- Of Fish and Foe GFT
- Special Events at Glasgow Film Theatre July 2019
- African Film Touring Programme Summer 2019
- Midsommar GFT
- Young at Heart Dance for Over 50s
- Matchbox Cineclub + Sad Girl Cinema Der Fan