Unwrapped – Christmas Show at the Thistle Gallery, 14 November – 24 December, 2015
Unwrapped – Christmas Show at The Thistle Gallery,
56 Park Road, Kelvinbridge, Glasgow G4 6JF
If you’re looking for a truly original work of art this Christmas – Thistle Gallery’s an ideal choice.
‘…and awaiting you at the Gallery is a tempting, diverse and dynamic array of Scottish Contemporary Art from the Studios of some of the country’s leading artists, ceramicists, jewellers, sculptors and textile designers.
On Mondays 14th and 21st December the gallery will open between 1pm and 8pm to help those working full time – from 6 p.m. you will be offered mulled wine and mince pies plus a gift wrap service.
‘Our vibrant new Christmas Show, which runs from November 14th to December 24th, is a milestone for the Gallery and marks our first year trading from our distinctive exhibition space in the heart of Glasgow’s West End.’
It’s been an eventful, exciting and highly enjoyable year and to all our contributing artists, suppliers and of course our strong and loyal customer base, we extend our sincere thanks for all your encouragement and support which has been invaluable.
We pride ourselves in featuring exhibits from all over Scotland which reflects the rich seam of talent that exists within our shores. And I’m delighted to say the Gallery has now established itself as an approachable and a reliable source of, not just traditional pieces but also the unexpected, unusual and quirky work which is also being produced up and down the land.
So if you’re looking for a truly original work of art this Christmas please do drop by…..you are most welcome.’
Among the artists participating in the Show this year are: Ian Rawnsley with his powerful and dramatic seascapes; Jackie Henderson with her mixed media work which can be both contemplative, magical and often whimsical; Cecilia Cardiff with her atmospheric studies of Glasgow tenements and town houses; Stanley Bird with his intricately realistic and striking animal studies; Jennifer Irvine who transports us to warmer climes through her images of leafy Provencal squares with dappled light and Hazel Nagl with her contemporary studies of Argyll harbours and Perthshire castles.
Jewellery – Ceramics – Textiles
Four jewellers will have a selection of their current ranges featured in the Show including Alexa Hope, Katherine Walker, Eileen MacAlister and Amanda Johnston. Ceramicists Angela Pointon, Wendy Kershaw, John Maguire and Alex Johannsen will have a wide range of their exhibits in the Gallery. Dorte Pape’s distinctive flock of glass birds will be winging their way to the Show too and fresh work from Morven Browne‘s range of sculptural trees and saplings will also be on display. A delightful range of textile pieces by Iona Crawford, Jill Kirkham and Olive Pearson featuring top quality silk and soft woollen scarves and cowls and cushions will feature throughout the Christmas Season.
We look forward to seeing you in the Gallery soon! CD
This section: Art - what's on, Christmas in Glasgow, Christmas Shopping in Glasgow, Shopping
- Maker And Producer (sustainable textiles)
- Mackintosh Still Life Drawing
- Free Comic Book Day, City Centre Comics
- The Store Interiors, Anniesland, Glasgow
- Patrick McAlindon at The Glasgow Guild
- Rhona Mühlebach Loch Long Solo Exhibition GFT
- Thistle Gallery: Vibrant Show Celebrates The Coming of Spring
- Glasgow Contemporary Art Fair 2019
- Starchild Art for Africa with McTears Auctioneers and The Hidden Lane Gallery
- Earth Echo Affective Reflection Project Ability
- Rites of Spring, Thistle Gallery
- Calamity Jane – Mother’s Day Sing-a-Long, GFT
- Spring Chinese Craft Fair, M Gallery Glasgow
- Stevenson Jewellers Glasgow West End
- Lynn Howarth Featured Artist at The Glasgow Gallery
- The German Revolution: Expressionist Prints Lunchtime Talks Programme
- Hand Drawn Action Packed The Hunterian
- ‘I Say Nothing’ Kelvingrove – introduction by Christine Borland
- Celebrating women artists at Nancy Smillie
- Earth Echo Affective Reflection ProjectAbility