‘Unwrapped’ Christmas Exhibition & Gifts at Thistle Gallery Glasgow until 24 Dec, 2017
Thistle Gallery, Scottish Contemporary Art
Beautiful Gifts for Christmas
Make your way to the Thistle Gallery this December for a cornucopia of artistic gifts in a warm & welcoming environment……the Gallery is full to overflowing with the very best of what Scottish contemporary artists have to offer this festive season.
Thistle artists have produced a superb range of exceptional exhibits including landscapes, seascapes, figurative and collage works in oils, acrylics, pastels and mixed media.
In addition the Gallery is the perfect backdrop for a mesmerising array of unique gifts….including jewellery by ten gifted jewellers using gold, silver, copper, ceramics and etched glass…..scarves and cowls in lambswool, modal cashmere and silk…..a large range of Christmas tree decorations…..including felted guinea fowl birds and Scottie dogs and exquisite hand made designer angels ……perfect porcelain hearts, stars, bells, birds and angels, a new range of glass birds, raku penguins and, of course, our ever popular Swedish Santas and Elk range……literally something for everyone this Christmas all under one roof!
Gift wrapping available. Do visit the new website www.thistle-gallery.com to see a selection of the wide variety of exhibits which make up the unforgettable ‘Unwrapped’ Christmas Show!
For the last six months Carol Dunbar at Thistle Gallery has been searching the length and breadth of Scotland’s thriving artistic community to create ‘Unwrapped’ Christmas Exhibition. The show will bring you an eclectic range of unique objets d’art and, of course, fresh work from over 80 leading contemporary artists.
‘Unwrapped’ will run until Christmas Eve and on November 25th their eye-catching Winter Windows will be revealed. Mulled wine and mince pies will be served …..and, of course, the Gallery will be overflowing with a large variety of Christmas gifts for all your family and friends.
Thistle’s new, and much improved, website will be up and running first week of November, 2017 and you can feast your eyes on their Gallery of Artists to get a flavour of what artwork will be exhibited.
Hope you will pop in over the lead up to the festivities. You will be assured of a warm welcome from Carol and her knowledgable and approachable gallery assistants.
They will look forward to chatting to you about all the gallery’s artists and the story behind their inspirations and techniques.
Filed under: Art & artists Glasgow West End, Art - what's on, Christmas in Glasgow, Christmas Shopping in Glasgow, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 7 June, 2018
- Charles Rennie Mackintosh Design: House For An Art Lover – Photo Gallery
- Isle of Bute. May 2018.
- Jot and Tittle Expo, citizen M Glasgow
- RE:search Glasgow Science Festival
- Lost Glasgow, More Than Memories Exhibition, Arlington Baths
- E. Jane / Hardeep Pandhal Opening GI Festival, Kelvin Hall, Glasgow
- Nnena Kalu, ProjectAbility, Glasgow
- Transatlantic connections – Hunterian exhibition brings Harvard’s historic treasures to Glasgow
- Woodlands Arts Survey & Artist Network Lunch Woodlands Workspace
- Fresh Work Springs Eternal at Thistle Gallery
- ‘Spring: the music of open windows’ at Thistle Gallery
- Dr Yupin Chung: Tea Under A Willow Tree, Glasgow Art Club
- 150th Anniversary Talks: Joanne Laird & Norman Walker Scotland Street School
- Frostpinni!, The Lighthouse
- Ross Birrell The Transit of Hermes, CCA
- David Mach ‘Against the Tide’ Cass Art, Glasgow
- Ciara Phillips Show Me Your Glow, Glasgow Print Studio, Glasgow International
- Still Moving: Films and Photographs of Ulrike Ottinger, The Hunterian
- Queen Mother Women’s Art Group Exhibition at ProjectAbility