University of Glasgow, International Women’s Day, Prof Lesley Yellowlees
5th March, 2015
Professor Lesley Yellowlees
All around the world, International Women’s Day (8 March 2015) represents an opportunity to celebrate the achievements of women while calling for greater equality.
Make It Happen is this year’s theme, encouraging effective action for advancing and recognising women.
As part of this year’s celebrations, the University is pleased to host a keynote talk by Professor Lesley Yellowlees, MBE BSc PhD FRSC FInstP FRSE, Vice Principal, University of Edinburgh.
The event will take place on Thursday 5th March 2015 from 10.00am – 12.00pm.
Currently Head of the College of Science and Engineering at the University of Edinburgh, Professor Yellowlees became the first woman President of the Royal Society of Chemistry in July 2012.
She was awarded an MBE in 2005 for services to science and was admitted as a Fellow of the Royal Society of Edinburgh in 2012. Professor Yellowlees has a long-standing commitment to promoting the contribution of women to academic science and is a champion of gender equality in STEMM.
Main Building Glasgow
University of Glasgow
G12 8QQ Glasgow
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events, International Womens Day Glasgow 2015
- Spotlight on Cinemas – West End Festival 2018
- The 5th Annual Champipunship, OranMor
- Cindigo, Poets at West End Festival
- Explore Wellspring Writing, Laura T. Fyfe, Scottish Writers
- Kittlin and the Carlton 3, West End Festival
- Dodie Bellamy, Kevin Killian, Calum Gardner, SWG3 Poetry Club
- Bloody Scotland, 2018
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 14 June, 2018
- Beyond Boundaries, Festival 2018, Call For Poems
- Word Jazzology hosted by Magi Gibson, Babbity Bowsters, Glasgow
- Examination Paper, Creative Writing Event/Installation, Scotland Street School
- Launch of Autumn Voices 2018
- ‘Growing and Dying’ Tribute to Janet Paisley, Event at Waterstones, Sauchiehall Street
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 7 June, 2018
- Writers’ Workshop Day at Fruin Farm, Nr. Helensburgh
- Marian Keyes at Aye Write, the Mitchell Library
- Autumn Voices Project – Poetry Competition 2018
- Autumn Voices Showcase 2018
- Creative Writing Fair, University of Glasgow
- Aye Write: Wee Write Beano Cartoon Capers, Mitchell Library