University of Glasgow, International Women’s Day, Prof Lesley Yellowlees
5th March, 2015
Professor Lesley Yellowlees
All around the world, International Women’s Day (8 March 2015) represents an opportunity to celebrate the achievements of women while calling for greater equality.
Make It Happen is this year’s theme, encouraging effective action for advancing and recognising women.
As part of this year’s celebrations, the University is pleased to host a keynote talk by Professor Lesley Yellowlees, MBE BSc PhD FRSC FInstP FRSE, Vice Principal, University of Edinburgh.
The event will take place on Thursday 5th March 2015 from 10.00am – 12.00pm.
Currently Head of the College of Science and Engineering at the University of Edinburgh, Professor Yellowlees became the first woman President of the Royal Society of Chemistry in July 2012.
She was awarded an MBE in 2005 for services to science and was admitted as a Fellow of the Royal Society of Edinburgh in 2012. Professor Yellowlees has a long-standing commitment to promoting the contribution of women to academic science and is a champion of gender equality in STEMM.
Main Building Glasgow
University of Glasgow
G12 8QQ Glasgow
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events, International Womens Day Glasgow 2015
- Karine Polwart, Creative Conversations
- Refuweegee and Music Broth Unsilent Night Fundraiser
- Novelist Ann Cleeves, Creative Conversations
- Christmas Speakeasy and Open Mic, Scottish Writers
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Michael J Malone at Book Week Scotland 2018
- Lin Anderson, Shaping the Story at Scottish Writers Centre
- Catriona Malan ‘Meet the Author’ at Fruin Farm
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Open Mic at the Balloch House Hotel
- Creative Conversations: Zinnie Harris, playwright, screenwriter and theatre director.
- From Glasgow to Saturn Call for Submissions
- The Wee Guide to Porridge, Deedee Cuddihy
- Book Week Scotland, Autumn Voices
- Simon Carlyle and Gregor Sharp, Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Kusama – Infinity, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Breaking Boundaries, Bringing Translated Literature to Scotland
- Red Squirrel Press, Scottish Writers Centre
- Word Jazzology, Partickhill Bowling and Community Club
- Remembering Glasgow’s Forgotten Women
- Book Week Scotland 2018