University of Glasgow, International Women’s Day, Prof Lesley Yellowlees
5th March, 2015
Professor Lesley Yellowlees
All around the world, International Women’s Day (8 March 2015) represents an opportunity to celebrate the achievements of women while calling for greater equality.
Make It Happen is this year’s theme, encouraging effective action for advancing and recognising women.
As part of this year’s celebrations, the University is pleased to host a keynote talk by Professor Lesley Yellowlees, MBE BSc PhD FRSC FInstP FRSE, Vice Principal, University of Edinburgh.
The event will take place on Thursday 5th March 2015 from 10.00am – 12.00pm.
Currently Head of the College of Science and Engineering at the University of Edinburgh, Professor Yellowlees became the first woman President of the Royal Society of Chemistry in July 2012.
She was awarded an MBE in 2005 for services to science and was admitted as a Fellow of the Royal Society of Edinburgh in 2012. Professor Yellowlees has a long-standing commitment to promoting the contribution of women to academic science and is a champion of gender equality in STEMM.
Main Building Glasgow
University of Glasgow
G12 8QQ Glasgow
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events, International Womens Day Glasgow 2015
- Nature Writing Beyond Landscape – Scottish Writers Centre, Glasgow
- Express Yourself, Women in Poetry at Tell It Slant, Friday 23 February, 2018
- Colin Herd, Poet at Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- LGBT History Month, Film Screening and Discussion, STUC
- The Carrbridge Rose – Brian Whittingham
- Ian Bell New Writing Award, Meet the Judges at Aye Write
- Sonnet Youth at The Drygate, 21 February, 2018
- Aye Write! Denise Mina introduces… Danny Denton & Mick Kitson 18 March, 2018
- Denise Mina at Creative Conversations review Pat Byrne
- Sextival: Queer Relationships on Film, CCA
- Aye Write 2018 – Darren McGarvey & Raoul Martinez, Freedom From Poverty
- Eileen Myles and nick-e-melville, OranMor
- Denise Mina at Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- The Darker Side of Fairytales with Kirsty Logan, Dumbarton Library
- Honest Error: Glasgow Poets on Charles Rennie Mackintosh, The Hunterian, University of Glasgow
- Writer David Keenan, Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- AyeWrite! 2018 Ten Writers Telling Lies
- Aye Write! 2018 Jackie Kay – Bantam
- Aye Write! 2018 Louise Welsh Introduces Laura Carlin & Imogen Hermes Gowar