Tony Benn: A Celebration, The Mitchell Theatre, 30 November, 2014
Stars and family to mark Tony Benn’s life
Sunday 30 November, 2014
Tony Benn a celebration
The Mitchell Theatre
There are two main performances – Poetry, Performance and Presentation at 16.30. Starring Tom Leonard, Attila the Stockbroker, Elvis MacGonagall and compered by Bruce Morton and the Grand Concert at 19.30 starring Chis Difford (from Squeeze), Roy Bailey, James Grant (from Love & Money), Sheena Wellington, Arthur Johnstone, Alastair McDonald, Fraser Speirs and NRNXPO’s Qyeen. The Music has been curated by Rab Noakes (who will also be playing) and the event will feature an appearance by Emily Benn, Tony Benn’s Granddaughter.
There are also a couple of (Free) discussions at 14.30 – Tony Benn, Music and Politics and 15.30 on Peace and Nuclear Disarmament.
Price: the Poetry, concert is £7.00.
The Grand Concert is £20
Joint ticket is available for £25.
Tickets from the Glasgow Concert Halls box office 0141 353 8000 or Glasgow Concert Hall
The Mitchell Theatre, , 6 Granville Street, Glasgow G3 7EE
This section: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Gig Guide
- Bohemia Bespoke Vintage Wedding Fair
- Stories from the Southside – Govanhill Book Festival
- G20 Youth Festival – Raising Funds
- Govanhill Carnival Parade 2019
- Govanhill International Festival 2019
- Mother Courage and Her Children by Tom Leonard
- CineRoma at Govanhill International Festival
- Farzane Zamen in Concert
- Cuba Libre, Cottiers
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Songs of Love and Freedom, Kelvingrove Bandstand
- Celtic Music Radio House Concert Fundraiser for Tom Fairnie
- Lids Open Day, Kelvingrove Bandstand
- Websters Big Summer Event
- 4th of July Maker’s Mark Hoedown at Websters
- Record Fair at Nice n Sleazy
- Her Crooked Heart The Doublet
- Doc’n Roll presents: It Must Schwing! The Blue Note Story
- Some Distant Day with Cheeky Besom Productions
- Some things want to run V/DA | Sonic Séance: The Gathering CCA