Three Leaps of the Gazelle, Playwrights Studio
By Jack Dickson – Rehearsed Reading
17 January, 2019
Email email@example.com to reserve your seat.
‘That’s why we do this job, Jo-Jo. That’s why we’re here. To help people. Cos if we’re not helping, what the fuck are we doing?” (Lance Corporal Christine McGuire)
In an increasingly uncertain world, opinions polarise. We cling to who we are. We stick with our tribe. We label. We judge. We hunker down. We protect.
Because we’re right – right?’
Set in present-day Afghanistan, Three Leaps of the Gazelle sees two bored soldiers and one upwardly-mobile local change each other’s lives for ever.
Directed by Alison Peebles
Performed by Karen Bartke, Maryam Hamidi, Louise McCarthy.
Playwrights’ Studio, Scotland are supporting Jack as part of their Professional Workshop Programme.
CCA, 350 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G2 3JD
- Annie, Kings Theatre, Glasgow: Full Casting Announced
- Aye Write! Open Mic with Cheeky Besom Productions
- World Without Walls with musician and songwriter Brian McFall
- Glasgow Girls, Kings Theatre review Pat Byrne
- Novelist Sarah Moss Creative Conversations
- Women and Rent Strikes Red Clydeside at the Mitchell Library
- Glasgow Girls Kings Theatre
- Tell It Slant Express Yourself on Burns Night
- Rachael Allen, Creative Conversations
- Three Leaps of the Gazelle, Playwrights Studio
- Big Fish the Musical
- Scottish National Poetry Slam January 2019
- Charlie Gracie, Meet the Author, Fruin Farm review by Mary Irvine
- This Is Not A Burns Night, Govanhill Community Baths Trust
- Caro Ramsay, Plotting Your Novel
- Stuart MacBride, Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Fibro My Arth! Extended, Websters
- New Works Festival, Cottiers
- Glasgow Literary Lounge – Alternative Burns
- Doris, Dolly and the Dressing Room Divas, OranMor