Three Leaps of the Gazelle, Playwrights Studio
By Jack Dickson – Rehearsed Reading
17 January, 2019
Email email@example.com to reserve your seat.
‘That’s why we do this job, Jo-Jo. That’s why we’re here. To help people. Cos if we’re not helping, what the fuck are we doing?” (Lance Corporal Christine McGuire)
In an increasingly uncertain world, opinions polarise. We cling to who we are. We stick with our tribe. We label. We judge. We hunker down. We protect.
Because we’re right – right?’
Set in present-day Afghanistan, Three Leaps of the Gazelle sees two bored soldiers and one upwardly-mobile local change each other’s lives for ever.
Directed by Alison Peebles
Performed by Karen Bartke, Maryam Hamidi, Louise McCarthy.
Playwrights’ Studio, Scotland are supporting Jack as part of their Professional Workshop Programme.
CCA, 350 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G2 3JD
- Dark Vanilla Jungle Websters
- Farzane Zamen in Concert
- Scottish PEN Writers In Exile review by Pat Byrne
- Start – Graham Morgan at Helensburgh Library
- Book Launch: ‘The Sound of the Hours’ Karen Campbell
- Margaret Atwood – Live in Cinemas
- The Magic Circus, Websters Theatre
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Book Launch: Something Like Happy – Sasha Greene
- From Glasgow To Saturn Pride Edition Launch
- The Merry Widow – Opera Bohemia
- Chris Forbes, The Stand Glasgow
- Some Distant Day with Cheeky Besom Productions
- Longlist for McIlvanney Prize Scottish Crime Book of the Year 2019
- Express Yourself – Poets at Tellit Slant
- An Afternoon of Fiction, Poetry and Performance
- The Creative Process with Jacqueline Smith
- An Evening with local author – Pat McIntosh
- Scottish PEN’s Writers in Exile
- Manaf Halbouni – Artist’s Talk Refugee Festival Scotland