Three Leaps of the Gazelle, Playwrights Studio
By Jack Dickson – Rehearsed Reading
17 January, 2019
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your seat.
‘That’s why we do this job, Jo-Jo. That’s why we’re here. To help people. Cos if we’re not helping, what the fuck are we doing?” (Lance Corporal Christine McGuire)
In an increasingly uncertain world, opinions polarise. We cling to who we are. We stick with our tribe. We label. We judge. We hunker down. We protect.
Because we’re right – right?’
Set in present-day Afghanistan, Three Leaps of the Gazelle sees two bored soldiers and one upwardly-mobile local change each other’s lives for ever.
Directed by Alison Peebles
Performed by Karen Bartke, Maryam Hamidi, Louise McCarthy.
Playwrights’ Studio, Scotland are supporting Jack as part of their Professional Workshop Programme.
CCA, 350 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G2 3JD
- Mary Irvine review: Polly Clarke – the tiger lady! Booked! Festival
- Taking Tea with a Trailblazer, NLS Kelvin Hall
- Samina Chaudry at Avant Garde
- Some Distant Day with Cheeky Besom Productions
- Kerry Hudson’s Lowborn Tour, The Mitchell review Pat Byrne
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Margaret Atwood – Live in Cinemas
- The Dark Carnival: Unplugged
- Seeds of Thought – Creative Writing
- Richard Holloway ‘Waiting for the Last Bus’ review Mary Irvine
- Look Who’s Talking Now with Des Dillon
- Helen Fitzgerald and Doug Johnstone at Waterstones Sauchiehall St
- Book Launch: ‘this exquisite corpse’ Tawnya Renelle
- Dialogue: Niven Govinden and Season Butler
- Robin Lloyd-Jones ‘A life in books’ Helensburgh Library
- Aye Write presents Paul Mason
- Henry Bell, Booked Festival 2019
- Micaela Maftei and Laura Tansley Collaborative Writing Workshops
- Polly Clark, Booked Festival 2019
- Dialogue Road Show