Thistle Gallery, Super Spring Show, March 15th until April 2nd, 2017
Steal a March on the Thistle Gallery’s Super Spring Show
With Spring just around the corner lift your spirits with a visit to Thistle Gallery for their early Spring Show featuring the work of many popular artists among them: Linda Park, Jackie Henderson, Julie Coulter, Sheila Fowler, Jennifer Irvine, Peter Nardini, Mark Holden, Georgie Young, Ian Rawnsley, Moy Mackay, Martin Oates, Laura Kearney, Graham McLachlan, Sam McCubbin and Evelyn Hogarth.
And this month Thistle are welcoming four new artists to the Gallery ~ Belgian Pascale Steenkiste whose textured abstract paintings and vibrant use of vivid colour will,leave their mark, Cathleen Nyman, originally from Sweden, whose figurative ballet studies in muted shades accentuate the fluidity of her compositions and Louise Matheson whose striking abstract work makes skilful use of Dutch metal and whose lustre lingers. And finally Danish artisan glass designer Elin Isaksson whose Vases and Vessels are truly breathtaking.
And obviously, with Mother’s Day just around the corner, there is a wide array of bespoke gifts within the Gallery for all mums…a new range of Dorte Pape’s glass birds, designer Iona Crawford’s magnificent silk scarves always in vogue and whose new designs are both intricate and feminine; Alex Johannsen’s comical ceramic canines which always make you smile and eight talented jewellery designers also have exhibits to dazzle …among them Alexa Hope, Amanda Johnson, Carol Docherty, Eileen MacAlister, Robin Kinsman Blake, Claire Spencer, Helen Swan and David Murray.
The Exhibition runs from March 15th until April 2nd inclusive.
The Thistle Gallery, 56 Park Rd, Glasgow G4 9JF
- Denise Noone Bathing Bells at Govanhill Baths review by Pat Byrne
- Introduction to Study at Glasgow School of Art
- Brushes With War, Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum
- Bathing Bells Exhibition, Govanhill Baths
- Young Talent Exhibition, ProjectAbility Glasgow
- Shaping Their World, Thistle Gallery
- Graduate Degree Show, 2018, Glasgow School of Art
- Museums at Night, Glasgow, October, 2018
- Women’s Suffrage in Glasgow Exhibition, The Mitchell
- Talk of the Steamie Conference, Govanhill
- Cryptic Sonica in Glasgow 2018 – Portal, Pivot and Visaurihelix
- ‘Cityscapes’ on the Horizon, Thistle Gallery
- The Great Big Mackintosh Bus Tour, Glasgow
- Rosengarten, The Hunterian
- Steven Berkoff: Gorbals 1966
- Looking out to New Horizons… Thistle Gallery, Glasgow
- Encounter No 1 by Sogol Mabadi and Emma Helen Reid
- HYPERMARKET – ART CAR BOOT, SWG3 2018
- Old Kilpatrick Art Club, Summer Show 2018, Ardarden Farm Shop
- Woodlands Artists Residency Weekend