Thistle Gallery, Super Spring Show, March 15th until April 2nd, 2017
Steal a March on the Thistle Gallery’s Super Spring Show
With Spring just around the corner lift your spirits with a visit to Thistle Gallery for their early Spring Show featuring the work of many popular artists among them: Linda Park, Jackie Henderson, Julie Coulter, Sheila Fowler, Jennifer Irvine, Peter Nardini, Mark Holden, Georgie Young, Ian Rawnsley, Moy Mackay, Martin Oates, Laura Kearney, Graham McLachlan, Sam McCubbin and Evelyn Hogarth.
And this month Thistle are welcoming four new artists to the Gallery ~ Belgian Pascale Steenkiste whose textured abstract paintings and vibrant use of vivid colour will,leave their mark, Cathleen Nyman, originally from Sweden, whose figurative ballet studies in muted shades accentuate the fluidity of her compositions and Louise Matheson whose striking abstract work makes skilful use of Dutch metal and whose lustre lingers. And finally Danish artisan glass designer Elin Isaksson whose Vases and Vessels are truly breathtaking.
And obviously, with Mother’s Day just around the corner, there is a wide array of bespoke gifts within the Gallery for all mums…a new range of Dorte Pape’s glass birds, designer Iona Crawford’s magnificent silk scarves always in vogue and whose new designs are both intricate and feminine; Alex Johannsen’s comical ceramic canines which always make you smile and eight talented jewellery designers also have exhibits to dazzle …among them Alexa Hope, Amanda Johnson, Carol Docherty, Eileen MacAlister, Robin Kinsman Blake, Claire Spencer, Helen Swan and David Murray.
The Exhibition runs from March 15th until April 2nd inclusive.
The Thistle Gallery, 56 Park Rd, Glasgow G4 9JF
- Woodlands Artists Residency Weekend
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 14 June, 2018
- Examination Paper, Creative Writing Event/Installation, Scotland Street School
- Limited Edition Art Sale, The Store Interiors
- Light Stream, Lynn Howarth and Peter McNair, Lillie Gallery
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 7 June, 2018
- Liquid Light by Vic Rodrick, First Solo Exhibition, Veneer, Glasgow
- A Day Out, The Lighthouse
- Jot and Tittle Expo, citizen M Glasgow
- RE:search Glasgow Science Festival
- Lost Glasgow, More Than Memories Exhibition, Arlington Baths
- E. Jane / Hardeep Pandhal Opening GI Festival, Kelvin Hall, Glasgow
- Nnena Kalu, ProjectAbility, Glasgow
- Transatlantic connections – Hunterian exhibition brings Harvard’s historic treasures to Glasgow
- Woodlands Arts Survey & Artist Network Lunch Woodlands Workspace
- Fresh Work Springs Eternal at Thistle Gallery
- Cross-feed Night School with Dr David Luke
- ‘Spring: the music of open windows’ at Thistle Gallery
- Dr Yupin Chung: Tea Under A Willow Tree, Glasgow Art Club
- 150th Anniversary Talks: Joanne Laird & Norman Walker Scotland Street School