Thistle Gallery, Super Spring Show, March 15th until April 2nd, 2017
Steal a March on the Thistle Gallery’s Super Spring Show
With Spring just around the corner lift your spirits with a visit to Thistle Gallery for their early Spring Show featuring the work of many popular artists among them: Linda Park, Jackie Henderson, Julie Coulter, Sheila Fowler, Jennifer Irvine, Peter Nardini, Mark Holden, Georgie Young, Ian Rawnsley, Moy Mackay, Martin Oates, Laura Kearney, Graham McLachlan, Sam McCubbin and Evelyn Hogarth.
And this month Thistle are welcoming four new artists to the Gallery ~ Belgian Pascale Steenkiste whose textured abstract paintings and vibrant use of vivid colour will,leave their mark, Cathleen Nyman, originally from Sweden, whose figurative ballet studies in muted shades accentuate the fluidity of her compositions and Louise Matheson whose striking abstract work makes skilful use of Dutch metal and whose lustre lingers. And finally Danish artisan glass designer Elin Isaksson whose Vases and Vessels are truly breathtaking.
And obviously, with Mother’s Day just around the corner, there is a wide array of bespoke gifts within the Gallery for all mums…a new range of Dorte Pape’s glass birds, designer Iona Crawford’s magnificent silk scarves always in vogue and whose new designs are both intricate and feminine; Alex Johannsen’s comical ceramic canines which always make you smile and eight talented jewellery designers also have exhibits to dazzle …among them Alexa Hope, Amanda Johnson, Carol Docherty, Eileen MacAlister, Robin Kinsman Blake, Claire Spencer, Helen Swan and David Murray.
The Exhibition runs from March 15th until April 2nd inclusive.
The Thistle Gallery, 56 Park Rd, Glasgow G4 9JF
- Mind and Draw, The Space, Saturdays
- Old Kilpatrick Art Club Exhibition, Caulders Garden Centre 22 – 25 February, 2018
- Alberto Vazquez Dark Fables: From comics to films, CCA, Glasgow
- Charles Rennie Mackintosh: Making the Glasgow Style
- Henry Raeburn’s ‘Boy and Rabbit’ at Kelvingrove Art Gallery
- can’t take my eyes off you – ProjectAbility
- Japanese Prints and their influence at the end of the 19th century, Glasgow Art Club
- ‘Turning Over A New Leaf’ Exhibition at Thistle Gallery
- ‘Unwrapped’ Christmas Exhibition & Gifts at Thistle Gallery Glasgow until 24 Dec, 2017
- Thistle Gallery at Christmas
- Context, Exibition of Photography and other interesting images at Offshore Gallery
- Scotland: The Land Beneath Our Feet, ProjectAbility
- The Art of Four, book by Roger Bilcliffe, The Lighthouse
- Chozumaki, The Lighthouse Glasgow
- Temporary Closure of Mackintosh House
- ProjectAbility at Mono
- Artchitecture at the Arlington Baths Club, Collage Exhibition by Marion Gardyne, 1 – 17 December, 2017
- RGI Annual Exhibition, The Mitchell Library, 11 November – 26 November, 2017
- Arctic Walruses in Paisley, Art, Poetry, Fountain and Fun, 25 November, 2017
- Christmas Art Show, Lillie Gallery, November – December, 2017