TheCabinet of Dr Caligari, Scottish Opera Connect Company Woodside Halls 9 and 10 April 2016
Woodside Halls, 36 Glenfarg Street, Glasgow G20 7QE
9/10 April, 2016
Roll up, roll up! Scottish Opera’s Connect Company – young singers and players aged between 14 and 21 – invite you to join them at the carnival. But with danger looming on the horizon, we can’t guarantee a safe trip.
Dr Caligari is a charismatic carnival entertainer who uses a mysterious cabinet to lure in his unsuspecting audiences. Intrigued, friends Francis, Jane and Ellen watch the showman as he reveals the secret of the cabinet. Tragedy soon follows as the trio struggle to avoid their fate – murder, mayhem and descent into madness await.
Based on the 1920s German horror film Das Cabinet des Dr Caligari, this darkly gothic production transports the action to Glasgow at the turn of the century. From Glasgow Green to Gartloch Asylum, this is a dark and twisted story where both friends and minds may be lost.
Specially-written by composer Karen MacIver and librettist Allan Dunn for the Connect Company, the young singers are joined on stage by professionals including former Scottish Opera Emerging Artists Andrew McTaggart and Sarah Power.
Please note: doors will open 15 minutes before the performance starts and strictly no latecomers will be admitted.
Sat 9 Apr 3.30pm•Sat 9 Apr 7.00pm•Sun 10 Apr 3.30pm
Sun 10 Apr 7.00pm
Running time 1 hr 10 mins approximately
BOX OFFICE: Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, Renfrew Street
Box Office 0141 332 5057
- Young Films Foundation, CCA
- Wee Write – Family Days at Aye Write! 3 and 4 March, 2018
- Monte Carlo Classic Rally, Paisley 31 January, 2018
- Santa’s Magical Grotto at Lomond Shores until 24 December, 2017
- Christmas Baby Rave at Cottiers
- Ricky McWhittington – a traditional Glasgow pantomime, Various Venues
- Scottish Youth Film Festival Awards Ceremony 2017 Kelvin Hall
- Kids’ Halloween Party at Cottiers, Sunday 29 October, 2017
- West Dunbartonshire Libraries, Dumbarton Library, October Week 2017
- Halloween Treasure Hunts at The Tall Ship, 28 and 29 October, 2017
- Mr Fibbers ‘Ghost-Busker’ Children’s Halloween Show, The Stand, 28 October, 2017
- Halloween Dog Disco, 13th Note, 29 October, 2017
- Halloween Movie Drive In, Riverside Museum 29 October, 2017
- Ghoulish Glasgow, Glasgow City Tours
- Harvest Market, Children’s Wood, Glasgow West End 8 October, 2017
- Libraries Week Glasgow 7 – 14 October, 2017
- Glasgow Science Festival, University of Glasgow 29 and 30 September, 2017
- Govan Young Documentary, Govan Old Church, 29 September, 2017
- First Strings, Glasgow: Guitar Lessons for Children
- GYFF Opening Gala: Just Charlie, GFT, 22 September, 2017