The White Cockade, OranMor, 30 May, 2015
The White Cockade
Sat, 30 May, 2015 at 7:00pm
OranMor top of Byres Road
The White Cockade is the history in words and in song of the Jacobites. It covers the most romantic period in the history of Scotland, from the battle of Killiecrankie in 1689 to the slaughter of Culloden in 1746 and the escape of Bonnie Prince Charlie to the Western Isles.
It tells in gripping fashion the story of the Massacre of Glencoe, one of the darkest days in the history of our nation, and of the treacherous killing of the Macdonalds.
It tells also the intriguing tale of the ’45, and the slaughter perpetrated by the Hanoverian army on the field of Culloden Moor and beyond. It tells too of the escape of Prince Charlie to the islands, of the bravery of Flora Macdonald, and of the five months he hid there, never betrayed by a people loyal to him to the end despite a huge ransom on his head.
The music and song are provided by Alastair McDonald, one of Scotland’s favourite recording stars, one of our most renowned folk singers and star of many productions.
The story is written and narrated by Len Murray, widely regarded as one of this country’s most powerful orators. He has spoken on all five continents and is Dean of the Guild of Robert Burns Speakers.
The White Cockade is quite unique and nothing like it has been heard here before. It has been performed several times in the central belt, and always well received.
The audience are invited to join in with such songs as Killiecrankie, Ye Jacobites, Glencoe, Hey Johnnie Cope, and many others.
Buy online at Ticketweb
08444 77 1000
This section: What's on in Glasgow: Theatre and Comedy
Filed under: What's on in Glasgow: Theatre and Comedy
- Bard in the Botanics West End Festival 2018
- The National Theatre of Scotland presents: The Reason I Jump, West End Festival 2018
- A Fair Tale about a Fairy Trade, Websters Theatre
- Budapest Cafe Orchestra at Websters Theatre
- OranMor, Summer Panto 2018
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream and Into The Woods, Websters Theatre
- A TRIP DOWN PENE LANE (The Hidden Story), West End Festival 2018
- Take A Walk On The Weill Side, West End Festival 2018
- Word Jazzology hosted by Magi Gibson, Babbity Bowsters, Glasgow
- The First Dance, A Play, A Pie and A Pint
- Heidi Talbot and John McCusker at Cottiers
- Godspell, Cottiers Theatre, Glasgow
- New Hacks, Satire, OranMor
- Into The Woods, Pantheon Club, Websters Theatre, Glasgow
- Aly Bain and Phil Cunningham, Cottiers Theatre, Glasgow
- Sparkle & Shine! Nativity! The Musical Seeks Children Across The UK For Star Roles
- The Doll Doctor Govanhill Theatre, Southside Festival 2018
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Rotunda Comedy Club, Fundraiser for Epilepsy Scotland
- Gary Lamont, OranMor – Dropping The Soap