The Thistle Gallery: Charismatic Catalonian artist Miquel Torner de Semir until 8th November, 2015
56 Park Rd, Glasgow G4 9JF
Charismatic Catalonian artist Miquel Torner de Semir has nine of his extraordinary paintings currently in the Thistle Gallery in Park Road but for a limited two week run only until November 8th.
His works are in numerous public collections in Spain including the Museum of the Royal Mint and are highly sought after by art collectors internationally.
Often working in collage he uses musical score, canvas and lace to add structure, texture and depth to his work. Torner de Semir’s work bridges the gap between the old and the new and his influence from Gothic stained glass can clearly be seen. By the use of thick black lines to outline his figures he creates paintings within paintings and his use of truly vivid, neon colours link these windows to the modern world. Influenced by his contemporary Picasso, his passion for the historical, as well as the modern, is ever present.
Internationally renowned he was honoured in 2003 and commissioned to design a postage stamp to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the Spanish Constitution.
Gallery owner Carol Dunbar said this week:
‘it’s both a privilege and a pleasure for our Gallery to be exhibiting this prestigious artist’s work in Glasgow. His rich, vivid colourful exhibits are dynamic and dramatic and each work is a statement piece in its own right. And we’re grateful to Tracey McNee Fine Art for facilitating the event.’
Thistle Gallery, 56 Park Rd, Glasgow G4 9JF
This section: Art - what's on
Filed under: Art - what's on
- Maker And Producer (sustainable textiles)
- Mackintosh Still Life Drawing
- Patrick McAlindon at The Glasgow Guild
- Rhona Mühlebach Loch Long Solo Exhibition GFT
- Thistle Gallery: Vibrant Show Celebrates The Coming of Spring
- Glasgow Contemporary Art Fair 2019
- Starchild Art for Africa with McTears Auctioneers and The Hidden Lane Gallery
- Earth Echo Affective Reflection Project Ability
- Rites of Spring, Thistle Gallery
- Spring Chinese Craft Fair, M Gallery Glasgow
- Lynn Howarth Featured Artist at The Glasgow Gallery
- The German Revolution: Expressionist Prints Lunchtime Talks Programme
- Hand Drawn Action Packed The Hunterian
- ‘I Say Nothing’ Kelvingrove – introduction by Christine Borland
- Earth Echo Affective Reflection ProjectAbility
- Glasgow School of Art MFA MFA WIP Screening 2, CCA
- Passing Moments Caught in Time…. Thistle Gallery
- The German Revolution at the Hunterian Art Gallery
- Nelson Mandela The Centenary Exhibition The Lighthouse
- Katherine MacBride – Having Been Breathed Out / Patriarchy Over and Out