The Sma Shot 2018 Paisley Town Hall
The 4th annual Sma’ Shot Slam
Saturday 7 July, 2018, 7 – 10p.m.
Paisley Town Hall, Abbey Close, Paisley PA1 1JF
Hosted by Shaun Moore.
The poetry night with a difference, held on the evening of Paisley’s historic workers’ day, part of the wider Weave Festival.
Hear and see some of Scotland’s best performance poets battle with local talent in the slam, to take the £50 prize money and a place in the Scottish Slam Finals next year.
In between competition rounds there’s entertainment from equally gifted and accomplished guest judges and a musical interludes.
In the setting of the Alexander Wilson suite of Paisley Town Hall, aptly named after the town’s rebellious weaver poet, with a licenced bar and free admission.
Come along, be amazed, inspired and especially entertained.
- I Remember It Well Symposium, Paisley
- The Scottish Witchfinder by Jacqueline Smith
- John Maclean, Hero of Red Clydeside by Henry Bell
- Hollie McNish OranMor
- Three Kinds of Kissing by Helen Lamb Book Launch
- After He Died Book Launch, Michael J Malone
- Stuart Paterson, Write on Cue!
- An Evening with Nawal Slemiah, Project Cafe Glasgow
- Bloody Scotland, 2018
- STAGE Multimedia Exhibition
- Stuart Cosgrove, ‘Harlem 69’ Book Launch
- Richard Holloway, Creative Conversatons
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- All The Time We Thought We Had, Gordon Darroch Waterstones
- Cheeky Besoms Speakeasy and Open Mic Night Glasgow
- She’s En Scene Women’s Film Screening and Discussion, Glasgow
- With Their Best Clothes On, New Writing Scotland Launch
- The Big Chair – Autumn Voices – Robin Lloyd-Jones
- An Evening with Charles McGarry, Waterstones Sauchiehall Street
- Public Lecture of the Publishing Scotland’s International Fellows Glasgow – review by Mary Irvine