The Scottish Wedding Show 20 – 21 February, 2016. SECC
The Scottish Wedding Show ‘leaps’ back into Glasgow
Picture Nick Ponty 16/2/16
20 – 21 February, 2016
Scottish Exhibition and Conference Centre, Exhibition Way, Glasgow G3 8YW
Marking the return of The Scottish Wedding Show (20-21 February), ballet dancers took to the banks of the River Clyde last night (16 February) as they helped the show ‘leap’ back into Glasgow – just in time for 29 February.
With the iconic Glasgow skyline lit up in the background, the dancers donned their wedding best and hit picturesque poses to signify the unique tradition of leap year, which sees women from around the country propose to their significant others.
Picture Nick Ponty 16/2/16
Dating back to the 13th century, the tradition is more popular than ever with more than one in 20 women* seizing the initiative and popping the question on 29 February – with time of the essence The Scottish Wedding Show will have rings clearly on display.
With around 300 of the UK’s leading wedding suppliers in attendance, The Scottish Wedding Show is ‘en pointe’ to be the epitome of elegance and style when it comes to planning that special day.
With everyone welcome through the doors and specialists on hand to offer invaluable advice, as well as a whole host of exclusive offers and discounts up for grabs, it’s definitely a date for the diary.
As well as checking out the exhibitors, guests will be treated to dazzling live catwalk shows. Choreographed to perfection they will impress and inspire – from bridal gowns and bridesmaid dresses to suits and kilts, a wide selection of outfits will be showcased.
After a busy day of shopping, the Afternoon Tea Room will offer guests the perfect place to relax. The popular Cocktail Bar, sponsored by Manorview Hotels & Leisure Group, will serve up wedding-inspired cocktails and visitors can also get specialist hair tips and learn about the latest trends at the dedicated Beauty Zone, run this year by the award-winning Donna Martin Hairdressing.
Upgraded tickets are available, giving guests that all-important VIP status as well as exclusive access to the chic VIP Lounge. Sponsored by Fake Bake, guests can expect to receive an exclusive product along with guaranteed fast-track entry and a glass of bubbly to get the excitement flowing.
From champagne and dresses to diamonds and top hats, not a single detail will be overlooked at The Scottish Wedding Show, where you can find the perfect combination for you and your partner.
*As reported in a Nationwide Building Society survey
Advance tickets start at just £10/£36 for a group of four* and all advance ticket visitors will be treated to money-off vouchers to use at the Cocktail Bar & Beauty Zone at the show.
*Advance tickets subject to booking fee. Reduced rates available until Friday 19 February 2016.
This section: Pat's Home Page Blog, Weddings, Weddings Glasgow
- Glasgow West End: Glasgow Film Festival, Aye Write!, Valentine’s Day and Creative Conversations
- Stars for Starchild, Fundraiser 3 March, 2018
- CULTURE MINISTERS WELCOME IRISH MUSICIANS TO SCOTLAND GB18
- Denise Mina at Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Glasgow Film Festival 2018 announces full programme
- Summer Nights at Kelvingrove Bandstand 2018
- Alela Diane and Mick Flannery, Celtic Connections 2018 review by Pat Byrne
- Alberto Vazquez Dark Fables: From comics to films, CCA, Glasgow
- Oxfam Bookshop Byres Road Book Group
- Bob Law Photography: Winter in Scotland, Cnoc Coinnich Day Out
- Help the Homeless, Glasgow
- ‘Turning Over A New Leaf’ Exhibition at Thistle Gallery
- Special events and big musical guests announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2018
- Vahni Capildeo at Creative Conversations review by Pat Byrne
- Phoenix Flight Training Cumbernauld
- Kelvin Hotel, Glasgow – at the heart of the Real West End
- Jim’s Photo Diary August: Isle of Harris and Isle of Lewis Photo Gallery
- Carol Dunbar, Gallery Owner: Local Character, Glasgow West End
- Willie Miller Urban Designer: Glasgow West End Characters
- Glasgow’s West End Festival, Science Festival, Shopping, Dining Out, Galleries and the Botanics