The Only Way is Ethics: Our Dream City Saturday 5 December, 2015
Hosted by The Dream Machine and On the Corner
Saturday 5 December, 2015
3:00pm – 8:00pm
253-257 London Road, Glasgow G40 1PE
Would you like to play a part in building something new and exciting for the communities of Glasgow?
The Only Way is Ethics: Our Dream City is a day of conversation, exploring issues and potential ideas to take forward in our communities. This is a facilitated discussion group, featuring representatives from On the Corner, and each discussion point relates to a different service in which OTC is developing. We are keen to take forward collaborative ideas in the build of our renovation project and we want you to be a part of it!
Entry is free, however we do encourage small donations to help towards building our community space.
Discussions will feature ideas & interactive activities these are listed below:
‘Waste Not Want Not’: using food waste to tackle food poverty
‘Building the Community Fire’: Can dreaming solve our stress and isolation?
‘House of Fun’ – when and why do we forget to play?
Creativity and mental health: Making is Connecting
Head Space: Open forum for ideas
Teas, Coffees & Refreshments will be provided by The Free Lunch Cafe.
In collaboration with The Only Way is Ethics Festival:
- Wee Write – Family Days at Aye Write! 3 and 4 March, 2018
- Ten Writers Telling Lies and M. Litt Creative Writing Open Mic, Gilchrist Centre University of Glasgow
- Nature Writing Beyond Landscape – Scottish Writers Centre, Glasgow
- Express Yourself, Women in Poetry at Tell It Slant, Friday 23 February, 2018
- Colin Herd, Poet at Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- LGBT History Month, Film Screening and Discussion, STUC
- The Carrbridge Rose – Brian Whittingham
- Ian Bell New Writing Award, Meet the Judges at Aye Write
- Sonnet Youth at The Drygate, 21 February, 2018
- Aye Write! Denise Mina introduces… Danny Denton & Mick Kitson 18 March, 2018
- Denise Mina at Creative Conversations review Pat Byrne
- Sextival: Queer Relationships on Film, CCA
- Aye Write 2018 – Darren McGarvey & Raoul Martinez, Freedom From Poverty
- Eileen Myles and nick-e-melville, OranMor
- Denise Mina at Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- The Darker Side of Fairytales with Kirsty Logan, Dumbarton Library
- Honest Error: Glasgow Poets on Charles Rennie Mackintosh, The Hunterian, University of Glasgow
- Writer David Keenan, Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- AyeWrite! 2018 Ten Writers Telling Lies