The Magic Cave of Salamanca, Websters Theatre, 23 October, 2015
Off World Productions bring their exciting new production of a choice selection of ’Interludes’ by Miguel Cervantes including ‘The Magic Cave of Salamanca.
Best known and loved for Don Quixote, the ground-breaking comic precursor of the modern novel, Cervantes led an extraordinary life every bit as colourful as his works. Born the son of a poor medical practitioner, maimed by gunshot as a soldier, held to ransom by Algerian corsairs, and eventually drifting into a literary career, Cervantes could draw upon a range of experience with which to spice up his writings.
Written as diversionary pieces to be performed between the main acts of a play, Cervantes’s interludes are comic gems in their own right. As a genre, ‘interludes’ were generally disliked by the authorities because of their subversive potential, and those by Cervantes are no exception.
Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra was a Spanish novelist, poet, and playwright. His magnum opus Don Quixote is often considered the first modern novel.
Parental Guidance – may not be suitable for younger audience members
Tickets £8 Adult/£6 Concession (inc. booking fee)
Websters 416 Great Western Road, Glasgow, G4 9HZ
This section: What's on in Glasgow: Theatre and Comedy
Filed under: What's on in Glasgow: Theatre and Comedy
- The Motherf**cker With The Hat, The Tron, Glasgow
- Deniro – the Bulldog from Netherburn cast as Rufus in Legally Blonde, Glasgow
- Cilla – the Musical at King’s Theatre, Glasgow
- DOG AUDITIONS FOR THE ROLE OF RUFUS IN LEGALLY BLONDE THE MUSICAL ARE BEING HELD IN GLASGOW
- Of Mice and Men Theatre Royal, Glasgow
- The Vivace Theatre School Senior Musical Theatre students’ annual performances at Websters, Glasgow
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- The Last Ship, Theatre Royal, June 2018.
- Red Raw, The Stand
- Hedda Gabbler, Theatre Royal Glasgow
- A Relaxed Performance of The Sleeping Beauty, Kings Theatre, Glasgow
- Jack and the Beanstalk, SEC, Gary Tank Commander and The Dolls
- Alice in Weegieland, The Tron
- Jock and the Beanstalk,The Shed
- It’s A Wonderful Life Radio Play, OranMor
- Sting Visits Fairfield Heritage Centre in Govan
- Theatre Royal Celebrates 150th Birthday
- Glasgow School of Art Choir, Royal Concert Hall
- The Wonderful West End, Christmas Gala, Royal Concert Hall Glasgow
- Jill and the Beanstock, Theatre at Queens Glasgow