The Green Lie, CCA Glasgow
15 September, 2018
CCA, 350 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G2 3JD
Environmentally-friendly electric cars, sustainably-produced food products, fair production processes… Can our purchasing power help save the world?
In this tongue-in-cheek two-hander, Austrian director Werner Boote and German author Kathrin Hartmann meticulously unpick some of the most prevalent ‘greenwashing’ myths at play today. They take viewers on a round-the-globe tour of corporate hypocrisy, to the sites of catastrophic environmental disasters and shocking land rights violations – all of which are harming humans, animals and the planet despite the glowing promises of effective self-regulation.
Far from disempowering, however, this exposé of people’s limited choice as ethical consumers reminds us that the power of individuals does not lie in their wallets, but in their actions and behaviours as voters, citizens and members of communities.
Take One Action Film Festival – the UK Premiere of The Green Lie.
BEYOND THE SCREEN:
After the film there will be inspiring conversations and opportunities discussed regarding creative, effective personal action. Welcomed will be the film’s protagonist, environmental journalist and author Kathrin Hartmann, alongside Dorothy Guerrero, Head of Policy at Global Justice Now, and Louise Giblin from UNISON Scotland.
In association with UNISON and Global Justice Now.
Screening as part of Take One Action Film Festival. See full programme
- Standing on Their Shoulders, UK Premier, Africa in Motion Film Festival
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2018
- The Little Stranger, GFT
- The Greatest Showman Sing-a-long, Glasgow Film Theatre
- ‘Young Solitude’ Review by Lola Rose
- Make Me Up at GFT
- Blueprint Independent Shorts GFT
- Womens Work 100, Fairfield Govan
- Soft Cell One Final Time, Live from London, GFT
- A Northern Soul, GFT
- The Wife, GFT
- Taggart Pilot Screening, The Seamore Neighbourhood Cinema
- The Greatest Showman Eat/Film at Sloans
- I Remember It Well Symposium, Paisley
- Singin’ in the Rain, The Seamore
- The Eyes of Orson Welles, The Seamore Neighbourhood Cinema
- Black 47 GFT
- Anchor and Hope, GFT
- European Art Cinema Day, Dogman GFT
- Sympathy for Mr Vengeance GFT