The Gibson Street Gala – Sunday 31 May, 2015
Gibson Street and Eldon Street, Kelvinbridge G12
12:00pm – 6 p.m.
Earth, Wind, Fire and Water is the theme – looks out for activities based on the elements.
You can expect an array of entertainment and events including: children’s activities, artists’ displays, stalls and delicious food. Gibson Street has some of the best cafes, bars and restaurants in the area and local traders will be tempting you to sample their products.
Gibson Street Gala is organised by the local residents of GOW – the popular gala day takes place in the area of the West End where Woodlands meets.Hillhead. The gala offers a wide range of activities with free music stages, stalls, art displays, children’s activities, tea and entertainment in St Silas Church, the back court at GOW, Otago Street and Otago Lane and under the bridge.
Lots of events for the kids – head to Otago Street for puppets, princesses, arts and crafts and more and check out the
Some Events Include:
Art Fusion with over 40 artists showing and selling their work at Westbank Quadrant
Gibson Street Main Stage Flamenco, Singer Songwriter Rebeka Kirk and try out some belly dancing moves Woodwife, folk and blues plus the City Voice Choir
Under the Bridge
Take the steps down at the Eldon Street Bridge and you’ll find lots of fun sports activities between there are Kelvinbridge Subway Station.
Twit twoo! Hoot Owls will be offering birds of prey handling and education. The handling team will be happy to answer questions about the birds and their habits.
Climbing Wall & Inflatable Assault Course
The Army Cadet Force will be bringing with them a climbing wall and inflatable assault course.
Laser Quest – can take up to 10 people at a time competing; shoot your way through the inflatable, fully computerised high tech guns and record your hits!
The Gladiator Programme are bringing a bungee run for children to enjoy this year.
The Bike Station will be at this year’s Gala with a number of ‘bike-based’ children’s activites.
Dr Bike: Bike advice plus a basic safety check-over for any minor problems, which will be fixed and major ones diagnosed (N.B. any Gala goers who take part in Dr. Bike will have to wait while their bikes are checked over).
The Bike Station will also be providing travel planning advice and incentives to try alternative modes of travel other than the car through their Better Way to Work project.
Play on Pedals a new project, funded by the People’s Postcode Trust and working in partnership with Cycling Scotland, Play Scotland, the Glasgow Bike Station and ctc – the national cycling charity. Over the next two years the project aims to enable every four year-old across Glasgow to learn how to ride a bike.
Bring your child along to our informal drop-in training sessions in the Sports and Fitness area of Kelvingrove Park during the Gibson Street gala and let them have a go on balance bikes with one of the Bike Station’s trained instructors.
Football – Lots of kids love football and the grass area here is the perfect location for a game with Glasgow Life sports coaches on hand to help out.
This section: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, West End Festival 2015
- Film Listings at GFT, March 2018
- Generations Working Together, Conference, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow
- Roteract Fancy a Cup of Tea with a Refugee, QMU, University of Glasgow
- Sweet Country, Cineworld Glasgow
- The Breadwinner, GFT
- Working Girl, GFF 2018
- The Ballad of Lefty Brown, GFT
- 45s for 45 All Day Fundraiser, Old Toll Bar, Glasgow
- Boutique Health and Fitness Festival, Glasgow
- Stars for Starchild, Fundraiser 3 March, 2018
- Help the Homeless Glasgow ‘I am not lost’, 25 February, 2018
- Thank Funk it’s Friday, Partickhill Bowling and Community Club
- Sextival: Queer Relationships on Film, CCA
- CULTURE MINISTERS WELCOME IRISH MUSICIANS TO SCOTLAND GB18
- Summer Nights at Kelvingrove Bandstand 2018
- Whyte and Mackay, Glasgow International Comedy Festival 2018
- Celtic Connections 25th Anniversary Opening Concert, review and photographs by Pauline Keightley
- Soul Bowl, Jordanhill Bowling Club, 27 January, 2018
- Save £4 Ticket Offer- The Creative Craft Show and The Scottish Quilting Show
- Artists Network Lunch, Woodland Community