The Forgotten Art Exhibition, Veneer Gallery, Glasgow Saturday 18th October – Friday 24th October
The Forgotten Art Exhibition
Saturday 18th October – Friday 24th October
An unconventional exhibit of conventional pieces – this experimental exhibition in Veneer gallery will challenge some preconceived ideas about exhibiting the usually mismatched disciplines of design and fine art together. Handcrafted bags and scarves will be exhibited alongside rarely seen early artworks by Flora Parrott. The Forgotten Art is a showcase of traditional practices across a range of art and design mediums in order to link these distinct, yet related, disciplines together.
Introducing our fist M.F.A.M. collection of leather goods. Theses products, as well as art pieces, draw inspirations from the XIX and XX century. Following traditional leather-craft techniques and methods that are over 100 years old, they are handcrafted with a passion for quality and strength. Each one of them, with archaic details and classic colours, celebrates the history of the leather craft.
Born out of a desire for creative freedom and a fascination with knitwear, Rosemary Eribé set up ERIBÉ Knitwear in 1986. From humble beginnings, ERIBÉ has grown to be global player in designer Scottish knitwear. World-renowned for putting an innovative spin on traditional Scottish knitwear; ERIBÉ champions natural yarns, craftsmanship and eco-conscious living. A selection of ERIBÉ knitwear will be on display.
We are proud to exhibit early artworks of Flora Parrott that is not available to be seen elsewhere. Since graduating from the Glasgow School of Art in 2004, Parrott has already exhibited in several critically acclaimed shows such as The Cosmos (2012) and recently Fixed Position (2014). Her work often features sculptures, installations and films using raw materials and provocative imagery that is tranquil yet sensually stimulating. We put on display an array of her early work as a glimpse in to the practicing artist’s journey to success.
This event launches The Fashion League – a new international fashion platform for independent brands and up-and-coming designers. The Fashion League believes in connecting talent, cultures, and reaching out to a broad audience through fashion. The Fashion League was created to tell the stories behind the work of the new generation of emerging designers, as well as the traditional techniques and classical thinking they apply in their designs.
The exhibition will take place on Saturday 18th October – Friday 24th October
Opening times: 10 am – 5 pm
Venue: Veneer Gallery 1184 Argyle Street, Glasgow, G3 8TE
This section: Art - what's on
Filed under: Art - what's on
- Ilana Halperin: Minerals of New York, The Hunterian
- Linda McCartney Retrospective at Kelvingrove Art Gallery
- Have A Go – Calligraphy at The Mitchell Library
- Some things want to run V/DA | Sonic Séance: The Gathering CCA
- Anderson Gerard Exhibition at Offshore Cafe Glasgow
- Manaf Halbouni – Artist’s Talk Refugee Festival Scotland
- Charles Rennie Mackintosh by John Cairney, West End Festival 2019
- The Lighthouse is celebrating its 20th Birthday
- SPLIT Glasgow Art Collective Graduate Showcase
- Glasgow Roma Traveller Celebration CCA
- Claiming Back the Narrative, Refugee Week Scotland 2019
- Summer Time, Summer Place Thistle Gallery
- Maker And Producer (sustainable textiles)
- DEGREE SHOW Glasgow School of Art 2019
- Glasgow School of Art Master of Fine Art Degree Show 2019
- Fashion Design Students Showcase Degree Show 2019
- Mackintosh Still Life Drawing
- Patrick McAlindon at The Glasgow Guild
- Rhona Mühlebach Loch Long Solo Exhibition GFT
- Thistle Gallery: Vibrant Show Celebrates The Coming of Spring