The Flatt River Band
The Drymen Pottery
Sunday 29th March (3-7pm)
9-11 Main Street, Drymen,G63 0BJ
The Tullie Inn , Balloch.
Friday 3rd April
Balloch Road, Balloch, Loch Lomond G83 8SW
The Ashton, Helensburgh
Sun 5th April ( 3-7pm)
74 West Princes Street, Helensburgh G84 8UG
The Flatt River Band is a three piece band featuring Phil Sakerski, John McAleese & Richy Plunkett playing a mixture of Bluegrass, Folk & Country music. Material ranges from traditional Bluegrass songs and tunes to well known numbers done in the bands own acoustic style.
Phil, a long time member of Glasgow Bluegrass band The Moonshiners, has over the years played and recorded with a long list of artistes including The Radio Sweethearts , Martin Stephenson and the late John Herald.
John, also a member of The Moonshiners, has played in a wide variety of bands from wedding bands to Country and everything in between. Recently recording with popular Glasgow band Daddynaggins
Richy has played music all his life. all styles of music with various bands. Long time member of The Clachies. He runs Loch Lomond Recording Studios with his brother Phil where they also teach music.
All three are multi instrumentalists and feature Guitar, Banjo, Dobro, Mandolin, Fiddle and Acoustic Bass and all share the vocals.
Although John and Phil have played together in The Moonshiners for a number of years this is a new project for them and they are casting the net farther afield for different material – it’s proving to be an interesting and fun journey.
Mulligans Bar Amsterdam Sat,Sun,Mon 25,26,27 April
The George Hotel Inveraray Sat 16th May
The George Hotel Inveraray (Bluebell Festival May 22,23,24 ) TBC
Booking The Flatt River Band
If you are interested in booking the band please contact any of the numbers or e-mail below.
Phil . 07711268910 email@example.com
This section: Gig Guide
Filed under: Gig Guide
- 45s for 45 All Day Fundraiser, Old Toll Bar, Glasgow
- The Blue Arrow Club – New Home of Jazz in Glasgow
- The Shires, Glasgow Royal Concert Hall
- Thank Funk it’s Friday, Partickhill Bowling and Community Club
- Session A9 Celtic Connections 2018 review and photographs by Pauline Keightley
- Summer Nights at Kelvingrove Bandstand 2018
- Paul young with Los Pacaminos, The Venue, OranMor, Glasgow
- Celtic Connections 25th Anniversary Opening Concert, review and photographs by Pauline Keightley
- Seven Song Club The Wellgreen / Secret Goldfish / Cara Rose, The Tron
- Soul Bowl, Jordanhill Bowling Club, 27 January, 2018
- Lisa Kowalski at King Tut’s
- The Primevals, The Reverse Cowgirls and The Kundalini Genie, Seven Song Club
- Lola in Slacks + special guests, CCA
- Spangled Cabaret 10 BirthdayParty, Rio Pop Up
- The Skids and From The Jam Kelvingrove Bandstand 17 June, 2018
- Dona Oxford, OranMor, Glasgow 16 February, 2018
- Celtic Connections 2018 – Highlights from Scots Whay Hae!
- The Friction Burns Supper, Rio Pop Up, Glasgow
- New additions to Celtic Connections Programme 2018
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End