The Flatt River Band
The Drymen Pottery
Sunday 29th March (3-7pm)
9-11 Main Street, Drymen,G63 0BJ
The Tullie Inn , Balloch.
Friday 3rd April
Balloch Road, Balloch, Loch Lomond G83 8SW
The Ashton, Helensburgh
Sun 5th April ( 3-7pm)
74 West Princes Street, Helensburgh G84 8UG
The Flatt River Band is a three piece band featuring Phil Sakerski, John McAleese & Richy Plunkett playing a mixture of Bluegrass, Folk & Country music. Material ranges from traditional Bluegrass songs and tunes to well known numbers done in the bands own acoustic style.
Phil, a long time member of Glasgow Bluegrass band The Moonshiners, has over the years played and recorded with a long list of artistes including The Radio Sweethearts , Martin Stephenson and the late John Herald.
John, also a member of The Moonshiners, has played in a wide variety of bands from wedding bands to Country and everything in between. Recently recording with popular Glasgow band Daddynaggins
Richy has played music all his life. all styles of music with various bands. Long time member of The Clachies. He runs Loch Lomond Recording Studios with his brother Phil where they also teach music.
All three are multi instrumentalists and feature Guitar, Banjo, Dobro, Mandolin, Fiddle and Acoustic Bass and all share the vocals.
Although John and Phil have played together in The Moonshiners for a number of years this is a new project for them and they are casting the net farther afield for different material – it’s proving to be an interesting and fun journey.
Mulligans Bar Amsterdam Sat,Sun,Mon 25,26,27 April
The George Hotel Inveraray Sat 16th May
The George Hotel Inveraray (Bluebell Festival May 22,23,24 ) TBC
Booking The Flatt River Band
If you are interested in booking the band please contact any of the numbers or e-mail below.
Phil . 07711268910 firstname.lastname@example.org
This section: Gig Guide
Filed under: Gig Guide
- Nathan Bell and Lynnie Carson, Glasgow Americana
- STAGE Multimedia Exhibition
- Gavin Paterson Nova Scotia Folk Club
- The Wellgreen, Stilton, KiDD, West of Scotland Cricket Club
- David Rovics at the Doublet Bar
- Spangled Cabaret October 2018
- Starry Skies Album Launch, OranMor
- Fail Better Open Mic, Villiers & Co
- Jim Byrne, The Basement Jam, Tennent’s Bar, Glasgow
- Fara, OranMor, Glasgow
- Brooks Williams Sounds in the Suburbs, The Doublet
- Seven Song Club, LOOPER and Wholly…..Cats
- Linda Jaxson Band at St Louis Cafe/Bar, Glasgow
- Songs of the Silver Screen, OranMor
- Yvonne Lyon and Eilidh Patterson, The Glad Cafe
- Ethan Johns, Love Music Glasgow
- Women at Carlton Studios, Glasgow, Monthly Event
- Thank Funk It’s Friday, 24 August, 2018
- Word Jazzology, Glasgow 30 August 2018
- Musicians in Exile, The Pearce Institute