The Creative Process with Jacqueline Smith
Tuesday 24 September, 2019 7 p.m.
Glasgow Literary Lounge
Cheeky Besom Productions, Calton Bar, 415 London Road, Glasgow G40 1AG
Cheeky Besom Productions: ‘Artists With Attitude’ Presents the Glasgow Literary Lounge In Partnership With 100,000 Poets for Change.
‘The Only Constant is Change: Embracing the Creative Process’ with Jacqueline Smith
The Glasgow Literary Lounge at Calton Bar will be hosting, writer and artist, Jacqueline Smith for our September monthly showcase. Smith with be exploring and discussing the need for vision and revision, for progress and evolution in all art forms, and life’s circumstances. Using examples from Life Lessons, Visual Art work, Poetry and Prose.
Jacqueline Smith: was born at Haggs Castle, and raised in Dennistoun on the same terrace as Glasgow’s, Charles Rennie MacIntosh. Her parents owned the Enterprise Bar on the Gallowgate and The Old College Bar in High Street until the early 90’s. Smith is a former Chair of the Scottish Writers’ Centre, and organised and hosted Poetry@TheIvory. She is a graduate of the MLitt Creative Writing at University of Glasgow, and the author/editor of Inspirations from the Common Wealth of Writers, (Fleming Publications 2015). She recently published two novels, The Two Seeings (CLC Publishing 2018) and The Scottish Witchfinder (Fleming Publications 2018). For more information on Jacqueline Smith: http://bit.ly/wordsmith-jacqueline.
CALLING ALL CREATIVES: In our partnership with !00 Thousand Poets for Change, we believe in the power of the literary arts & culture. We’re joining poets, musicians and artists in cities around the world in a demonstration and celebration to promote justice, peace, and sustainability. We’re joining the call for serious social, environmental, and political change. Bring us your poems, your songs, and let’s dance to the rhythm of justice, peace and sustainability. If you are unable to attend, we ask that you participate in the, Read A Poem To A Child initiative. Let’s show the world what Glasgow is made of. Slots are 5-7 minutes long to be allocated on a first come first served basis. To secure a slot contact: Ruby McCann: email@example.com
Cheeky Besom Productions: ‘Artists with Attitude’: (poet, writer, and critic, Jim Ferguson, artist, Louise Malone, writer, Ruby McCann, musician, Brian McFall) A Glasgow based artist collective. We devise concepts, split all running costs, and collaborate to create: sharing knowledge, making and creating, for the love of literature, art, and music. We champion artistic and cultural experiences that enrich people’s lives.
Glasgow LIterary Lounge @Calton Bar:
415 London Road, Glasgow, G40 1AG (Tuesday) 7:00 pm – 11:00 pm)
This is a FREE Event for All
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Margaret Atwood – Live in Cinemas
- Glasgow Literary Lounge featuring Louise Malone on art plus Open Mic
- Farzane Zamen in Concert
- Scottish PEN Writers In Exile review by Pat Byrne
- Start – Graham Morgan at Helensburgh Library
- Book Launch: ‘The Sound of the Hours’ Karen Campbell
- Book Launch: Something Like Happy – Sasha Greene
- From Glasgow To Saturn Pride Edition Launch
- Some Distant Day with Cheeky Besom Productions
- Longlist for McIlvanney Prize Scottish Crime Book of the Year 2019
- Express Yourself – Poets at Tellit Slant
- An Afternoon of Fiction, Poetry and Performance
- The Creative Process with Jacqueline Smith
- An Evening with local author – Pat McIntosh
- Scottish PEN’s Writers in Exile
- Manaf Halbouni – Artist’s Talk Refugee Festival Scotland
- Interfest and Book Launch Garnethill Glasgow
- Julia Donaldson – The Gruffalo and other stories at West End Festival
- A Place For The Work and The Human Being
- Aye Write! presents Jane Harper